2000pts Bloodbound what to do with last 420pts

Dracan

Hi guys, 

So started AoS recently and have a vast pre AoS chaos army. As from my other thread about nurgle i want to make a mono khorne 2000pts list, what i got ao far is basically a gore pilgrams and brass stampede formation. Any ideas on what to add with the left over points?

Is it worth sticking to bloodbound? Or will any khorne do with blood letters and or slave units?

Is it wort putting some reavers in? Skullreapers or wrath mongers? Any heroes that will make a differance?

List so far.

Allegiance: Khorne bloodbound

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Hackblade and Wrath Hammer
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (160)
- Bloodglaives
- Khorne Bloodbound Battleline
- Bloodglaives
- Bloodglaives

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (80)
Brass Stampede (80)

Total: 1580/2000

Any coments and suggestions would be apreciated.

1 hour ago, Dracan said:

Oops forgot the 1 unit of reavers in the list, so only 350pts left if i take 10 or is it better to take 20?

I think it's better to have at least 20 Bloodreavers.

However you have 420 points left.

What you can get for that is:
1. cheap Bloodthirster and 20 Bloodreavers
2. another Slaughterpriest and upgrade 2 units of Skullcrushers to units of 6
3. another Slaughterpriest, Skullcannon and 20 Bloodreavers
4. 30 Bloodletters and another Bloodsecrator
5. upgrade 1 unit of Skullcrushers to 6, add a unit of Wrathmongers and add a Bloodsecrator

I think choice 1 to 5 are very valid. I'd personally go for choice 2. You have Gorepilgrims, you have Brass Stampede, trying to make the best out of that usually is the most solid choice. 

* What this allows you to do (under the assumption that Prayers do not work the same as Spells for you locally) is to have 2 big blocks of 6 Bloodcrushers with Bronzed Flesh, which is A-Okay. 

15 hours ago, Killax said:

I think it's better to have at least 20 Bloodreavers.

What he means to say is that has to have 20 Bloodreavers in the list, or at least 10 to fulfill the requirements for the Gore Pilgrims. 

I'd personally take 20 myself but then again I like 'reavers. 

What other models/units do you have available to you @Dracan ?

I've got a list VERY similar to this and it's been working great in my local.

Lord on Juggernaut

Bloodsecrator

Slaughterpriest

Slaughterpriest

Slaughterpriest

10x Bloodreavers

10x Bloodreavers

10x Bloodwarriors

10x Bloodwarriors

6x Skullcrushers

3x Skullcrushers

3x Skullcrushers

Brass Stampede

Gore Pilgrims

1900/2000

The 100 points left over can be filled with whatever really.  I'd suggest one of the many 80 point heroes we have available as you'll need them for objective capping in some games.

The 6 man unit of Skullcrushers is where you can throw your prayers creating a 3+ save unit of glaive juggers with 3+ to hit 3+ to wound.  Use the two smaller units to either combo charge into units or satalite around the table hitting problem spots.

Bloodreavers are mostly for generating tithes either throw prayer use or sending to their deaths.  Blood warriors are used for capping objectives.

In games where you need heroes to cap then you're going to want to focus on blocking the other players ability to cap points using your juggernauts and blood warriors.   Beef your Jugger lord up with artifacts and prayers to make sure he's the biggest pain in the butt to remove (2+ armor save, ignoring rend of less than -2 etc).

Thanks for the replies, been reading up a bit more and think im settling on a warshrine and wrathmongers. Which kinda fullfills @Killax sigestion. Sortof lol.

As for models i have quite a vast 8th ed wariors of chaos army as well as skaven so pretty much anything available, along with AoS starter set and just got the lets collect khorne mortal set and gorechosen. So have options.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

Wrathmongers and a Warshrine can work well, I've run them in that list as well.  The problem with the warshrine is that when it works it works well, and when it doesn't work it sort of feels like you just threw away 200 points on the table.  It's just very random.  Fun, but can be frustrating at times.  The wrathmongers are always a solid option of course because they give you some anti-large and a further buff to attack numbers.  Keep in mind that the warshrine and wrathmongers are also not in your battalions so you're increasing your deployment numbers too which can hinder your ability on deciding who goes first (if that's an issue for you).  Remember that when you use one of the newer prayers on your warshrine that on a 1 it will take d3 mortal wounds for the failure (which of course it can save against on 6's).  It does serve a very functional use throwing it up with the bloodreavers though as a mobile totem for their extra attacks and if you actually buff it up with prayers it can itself be pretty good in combat in a pinch.

Hmm i will have to test the warshrine out a few games then. From what i read so far i reckon the wrathmongers might also take a few games to get right.

What are your opinions on khorne marked slave units? Like chaos knights, lord on manticore and chariots? Got a few of them and think they will look nice in the army but from what i can tell are sub par compared to bok units.

Also wish the chimera could get marked :( is the slaughterbrute worth a look?

List Development
I completely agree with @Jharen, the key with Wrathmongers being good is a bit match up dependant, if you do expect a ton of ranged attacks and a ton of chaff as opposed to Monsters they become worse... Doesn't mean that they are so worse to not consider. They are practically always a solid choice, a bit pricey at 180 points but everytime your opponent does bring a Monster or 2 you'd wish you had them in your list :) 

I do think the Warshrine has it's merits, however I'd be inclined to use a metric ton of Bloodreavers (60+) with them in order to truely justify their cost. Your list currently doesn't include any Bloodreavers as a result I don't think the Warshrine always has what it needs to pull it's own weight. 

Slaves to Darkness
Slaves to Darkness units with Mark of Khorne usually are very good choices! If you have those models using them is never a bad idea. They arn't really sub-par units, they just don't have the same ammount of additional support available. However if you won't be using Battalions anyway there is absolutely nothing that should stop you from using them. 

Moral for AoS always is to use what you have and visually like. You can most certainly pick Slaves to Darkness units. Marauders are very good for their cost as Objective holders. Chaos Knights add speed that many Khorne footslogging armies lack. Slaves to Darkness Heroes with the Mark of Khorne can become true monsters by themselves aswell... Just keep in mind that their Heroes do not have acces to Mark of the Destroyer. 

Monsters
Chimera, Slaughterbrute and also the Khorgorath are all cool choices. For competative play however I'd point out that Khorne's massive strength is strenght in numbers. This is because of how crazy our support becomes with large numbers. Blood Tithe is also part of that support...

So if you really want to have a monster in there I'd first consider Skarbrand or other Bloodthirsters. If you equip the latter with a Daemonic Gifts you can certainly create a "Skarbrand Light" for a simple fraction of his cost. 

Cheers,

Archived