1k Blades of Khorne

Centuryslayer

So I fell in love with the Gore Pilgrim formation and just got the book, here's my first list with the new stuff. I haven't got all the fancy units, it's basically the startbox + some and the Gorechosen game added on:

Mighty Lord of Khorne with Berzerker lord and Talisman of burning blood. 

2x Slaughterpriests, one with Bronzed flesh and the other... maybe Blood sacrifice for luls? (I love that "Blessing") 

Bloodsecrator, Banner of rage and The crimson plate.

1 Khorgorath

10 Blood warriors, gorefists and 1 glaive

10 Reavers (dual weapons)

10 Reavers (dual weapons)

battalion: Gore Pilgrims.

980 pts

The main thought here is to have the Lord support the Blood warriors in getting the opponent dead while the Reavers either hold objectives and give some support, or get sacrificed to Khorne. It's hard in a 1k list to have enough units to really sustain the army and I haven't played with the blood tithes at all so no idea if it's worth it. Banner or rage gives some rerolls, especially for the Reavers gaining a full reroll to hit (and possibly +1 to wound from the Lord)

Tbh, the Khorgorath is mostly there because I don't have that much else and I want to see if he's any better with 2dmg now. Plus in 1k games he can stick around a bit easier. Thoughts? My main concern here is staying power and I'm unsure on the Khorgorath and if the Mighty ol' Lord is worth it.

edit: I'm not looking for the most competetive cheese and I'm mostly facing stormcast, seraphon and wanderers.

14 hours ago, Centuryslayer said:

Tbh, the Khorgorath is mostly there because I don't have that much else and I want to see if he's any better with 2dmg now. Plus in 1k games he can stick around a bit easier. Thoughts? My main concern here is staying power and I'm unsure on the Khorgorath and if the Mighty ol' Lord is worth it.

At 1k I've always felt that both the Khorgorath and Mighty Lord are worth their points.  The Khorgorath is an amazing tar-pit unit, and the Mighty Lord gives you a good bit of potential against larger models - plus that extra charge dice to roll really helps.  I do think that you're running on the lower side of models, but it's worth a few games to see how it plays out.

2 hours ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

As far as I am aware, the Banner is counted as an Artefact of Khorne and counts towards your total artefacts. So you'll have to pick between it or Crimson Plate.

Yup, this is correct.  A model is only allowed a single artefact and this list is only allowed 2 in total (one for the army and then one for the battalion).  I'd drop the banner as it really only is good for the first turn - after that you're going to be further than 8" away from the Bloodsecrator

I really like the gore pilgrims battalion as well. When flicking through the bloodbound battalions it was the first one that drew me in. It's also pretty tidy for 1k games as well I think. My variation on it would probably be... 

Aspiring death bringer (General) 

Gore pilgrims 

Blood secrator 

2 priests 

2 x 10 bloodwarriors 

10 bloodreavers 

Sorry for the super late reply!

Didn't know about the banner, definitly dropping it over the other artefacts then!

Gonna give the list a go soon-ish, I'm also a bit worried about the number of models, but we'll see!

On 2017-04-19 at 11:29 AM, Totes McAwesome said:

I really like the gore pilgrims battalion as well. When flicking through the bloodbound battalions it was the first one that drew me in. It's also pretty tidy for 1k games as well I think. My variation on it would probably be... 

Aspiring death bringer (General) 

Gore pilgrims 

Blood secrator 

2 priests 

2 x 10 bloodwarriors 

10 bloodreavers 

Definitly like the 2x10 blood warriors, I only got 10 at the moment tho', but might pick up a Start Collecting box for the 2nd priest variant too. (Not a fan of the bloodcrushers however, even with their slight buff). 

Archived