Project Freeguild

AsraiR

So after what feels like decades (oh it is in fact 20 years since I started buying Empire as was, back in the old days of WFB 5th) I've been slowly bringing my guys back to the tabletop for Sigmar.

Here is a huge chunk of my infantry repaired, rebased, reprimed and 10 of whom were test painted last year to set the scheme.

This is my big project for the year alongside working on my PhD so here we go.

17991414_10155133049660135_8141905569196400610_o.jpg

Ha, no this is literally the stuff I've accumulated over the last 20 years in dribs and drabs across house moves etc.

I love playing with my Freeguild, arguably more than I do with my newer factions as they feel the most honest in many ways. Of all my armies they have seen the most table time, currently sitting at about 60/40 win to lose ratio.

I always loved Mordheim too so a lot of these guys have been in various iterations of Mordheim warbands. Plus the militia units on the right are boxes of Frostgrave Soldiers and Barbarians as I adore those models a great deal and they fit in perfectly as town watch and mountain clans respectively.

13 hours ago, AsraiR said:

Ha, no this is literally the stuff I've accumulated over the last 20 years in dribs and drabs across house moves etc.

I love playing with my Freeguild, arguably more than I do with my newer factions as they feel the most honest in many ways. Of all my armies they have seen the most table time, currently sitting at about 60/40 win to lose ratio.

I always loved Mordheim too so a lot of these guys have been in various iterations of Mordheim warbands. Plus the militia units on the right are boxes of Frostgrave Soldiers and Barbarians as I adore those models a great deal and they fit in perfectly as town watch and mountain clans respectively.

Wow that's a lot! Nice army, I like seeing some sturdy Duardin in there. 

But there's only infantry right? Do you plan to add cav or ally in some Ironweld Arsenal or a Hurricanum? Can you show your paint scheme you plan to use?

I'll get a snap of the painted ones soon, done 10 Halberdiers, General and Warpriest. My full collection as it stands currently:

Mounted General

Mounted General

Grandmaster

Valten

Louen Leoncouer

Excelsior Warpriest

Excelsior Warpriest

Battlemage

Battlemage

Battlemage

Battlemage

Gunmaster

Warden King

Cogsmith

Cogsmith

Cogsmith

Cogsmith

30 Halberdiers

30 Swordsmen

30 Swordsmen

20 Swordsmen

30 Spearmen

20 Handgunners

20 Handgunners

20 Handgunners

20 Crossbowmen

20 Archers

30 Duardin Warriors with GW+S

20 Duardin Quarellers

20 Militia

20 Militia

20 Greatswords

20 Greatswords

10 Empire Knights

10 Empire Knights

8 Knights of the Realm

8 Knights of the Realm

5 Outriders

3 Demigryphs

3 Great Cannon

Steam Tank

There are a bunch of sundry bodies I can sort out as well to add some more things.

Good luck getting that all painted up!  If I count in all of my unfinished 40K models, I am about even with you as far as painting goes.

I am eager to see how a big Free Peoples army will look on the table.  Getting into a combined Free Guild + Dispossessed + Ironweld Arsenal army is my planned 3rd army project, so I am interested to see how things look when all done.

4 hours ago, arka0415 said:

When did you start painting these units? It seems like this thread is seven days old... have you done all of this in just a week?? If so, congrats man!

Only the 20 halberds and cannons, had a week off for Easter and I attacked them on Friday and Sunday. Though I am a machine when I get my blood up lol.

4 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

That wizard/priest on the right is glorious!

I assume you mean Ar-Ulric, had him since Storm of Chaos, my first unit of Greatswords is Teutogen Guard to go with him.

Like Middenheim style, too! Alas I wouldn't use brown for the bases. The grey stones Look perfect but the brown Underground seems to disturb the whole look. But that's just my personal view keep on the great work! Thumbs up!

Thanks everyone. Just started work on my Teutogen Guard but ended up going to a pop up food market for a bit of the afternoon so not got too far on them.

Bases will be black when I base up, they're only brown now as its the colour primer I use, Army Painter Fur Brown.

Basing will probably be the same as on my Stormcast you see below, my city of Whitebark is in Ghyran.

17634698_10155069259450135_6165356485410059698_n.jpg

Ok, as full a palette as I can manage, all P3 unless noted otherwise:

Flesh:

Midlund Flesh

Ryn Flesh

Idrian Flesh

Torso:

Exile Blue

Trousers:

Menoth White Highlight

Armour:

Radiant Platinum

Weapons:

Quicksilver

Main Gold:

Blighted Gold

Secondary Gold:

Brass Balls

Spot Colour:

Sanguine Base (on feathers etc)

Wood:

Bootstrap Leather

Boots:

Army Painter Fur Brown

Leather:

Trollblood Highlight

Fur and Base Stones:

Greatcoat Grey

Hair:

Various

Wash:

GW Agrax Earthshade

Thank you, I used to call this my simple palette, but then you look at all the pots lined up on your desk and shake your head.

When I first went through painting most of these models (when I was about 15) they were inspired by the Nights Watch, that was simple. Spray black, pick out skin, metals and wood. Oh they were bad lol.

Archived