Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dez

Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Would you mind explaining how Mirrorshield works?  I'm not familiar with it, but have a guess how it might work.  Then I can try to offer some advice!

Subtract 2 from any hit rolls for missile weapon attacks directed at this HERO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Drofnum said:

How do you guys deal with Stardrakes?  I've been playing a firestorm campaign and one of the other guys is playing Stormcast with a stardrake with mirrorshield and all that.

I did kill it last game but it was basically after it wiped out 75% of my army by itself, I did roll awful on my Riggers and was 300 points down to start the game so I was at a disadvantage from the start.  Not sure the best way to deal with it though, other than hope my riggers can put some hurt on it and maybe finish it off with There's No trading With Some People or a little shooting.

Alright, Drofnum, can you share your tourney list?  You mentioned you were trying to do it with your tourney list and didn't want to make lots of changes, so seeing your army list would be helpful. 

Now that I understand what mirrorshield does, I might still recommend taking shots at it.  Using a Khemist to buff your arknaughts will get them an extra shot each, they get +1 to hit monsters/heroes, so even with mirrorshield, you would hit on 5+.  Should be able to get some wounds off it and then finish it with buffed endrinriggers (provided you don't have bad dice rolls again).  So, I think you are taking the right approach, but maybe had a bit of bad luck. 

For the Firestorm campaign - take the Prismatikron territory!  If you draft it's card, it will hit a unit for D3 mortal wounds in the first round, D6 in the second round, or 2D6 in the third+ rounds.  I have gotten it twice and waited until the 3rd round each time......it is worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah sure thing.

Aether-Khemist (140)
Aether-Khemist (140)
20 x Arkanaut Company (240)
20 x Arkanaut Company (240)
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
3 x Skywardens (100)
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)

Total: 1660 / 2000

Been using Fulminators and a Knight-Azyros as Allies, those are a bit flexible but have worked very well in every other match up with the way i play. My current plan is to get Fulminators or Ironclad charged in first round to hold it up then send my riggers in to hopefully finish it off. If I get the Ironclad in to it i think that will just be a stalemate which is perfectly fine as I can finish everything off without the dragon running around.  I was only at 1700 points this last match so it definitely didnt help the situation.

 

As for shooting, I knocked off 3-4 wounds over the course of 3 rounds on it, shooting is pretty ineffective but it can do a little bit of damage.  The problem with shooting was that prior to it charging me he had protectors in front of it(-1 to hit anything behind them in shooting phase), which adds up to a -3 to hit basically making me hit on 6's with everything(My deployment could have been better though). Prismatikon is actually how I killed it, 11 wounds at the top of round 3.

Edited by Drofnum
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

Yeah sure thing.

Aether-Khemist (140)
Aether-Khemist (140)
20 x Arkanaut Company (240)
20 x Arkanaut Company (240)
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
3 x Skywardens (100)
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)

Total: 1660 / 2000

Been using Fulminators and a Knight-Azyros as Allies, those are a bit flexible but have worked very well in every other match up with the way i play. My current plan is to get Fulminators or Ironclad charged in first round to hold it up then send my riggers in to hopefully finish it off. If I get the Ironclad in to it i think that will just be a stalemate which is perfectly fine as I can finish everything off without the dragon running around.  I was only at 1700 points this last match so it definitely didnt help the situation.

 

As for shooting, I knocked off 3-4 wounds over the course of 3 rounds on it, shooting is pretty ineffective but it can do a little bit of damage.  The problem with shooting was that prior to it charging me he had protectors in front of it(-1 to hit anything behind them in shooting phase), which adds up to a -3 to hit basically making me hit on 6's with everything(My deployment could have been better though). Prismatikon is actually how I killed it, 11 wounds at the top of round 3.

Thanks for sharing!  Honestly, it sounds like you are doing what I'd be doing.  Though adding Protectors too does make that a lot harder!  I haven't faced a Stormcast Eternal army often and not with my KO yet.  I've used a Knight Azyros and that is nice.  I'm currently collecting some fyreslayers to try out the vulkite beserker/runesmiter tunneling option sometime.  Sounds like fun and would add another nice melee unit.

Go Prismatikron!  In my recent Firestorm game I had 1k points vs 1800 pts of Seraphon.  And he took Lord Kroak along with a Celestant Prime as an ally!  I pulled out a win in the last round by holding onto two objectives, but it was a tough game.  Killed Lord Kroak in the first round so he never got to do anything!  And used a Prismatikron to finish off the ripperdactly unit which tore up my arknaughts and Khemist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dez said:

@Drofnum What Skyport/Articles are you taking?

Using Urbaz, not a fan of the clown car. :)  As my extra footnote I tend to take There's No Trading With Some people.

Quote

Thanks for sharing!  Honestly, it sounds like you are doing what I'd be doing.  Though adding Protectors too does make that a lot harder!  I haven't faced a Stormcast Eternal army often and not with my KO yet.  I've used a Knight Azyros and that is nice.  I'm currently collecting some fyreslayers to try out the vulkite beserker/runesmiter tunneling option sometime.  Sounds like fun and would add another nice melee unit.

I would like to try Fyreslayers myself, but the amount of models to paint after finishing 50 Company is kind of off putting for now.  Maybe a 2018 project though.

I had hoped that maybe I was just doing something dumb and there was an easy way to deal with the Drake, I do know its a pretty good counter to what we do best though.

Quote

Go Prismatikron!  In my recent Firestorm game I had 1k points vs 1800 pts of Seraphon.  And he took Lord Kroak along with a Celestant Prime as an ally!  I pulled out a win in the last round by holding onto two objectives, but it was a tough game.  Killed Lord Kroak in the first round so he never got to do anything!  And used a Prismatikron to finish off the ripperdactly unit which tore up my arknaughts and Khemist.

I sometimes feel bad using the Prismatikon with all the shooting I already do its just too much sometimes haha.  My next game I'm at 1200 points and my opponent is at 2k, terrible luck on my card draws, although i've avoided building some of the better muster cards.  We're gonna play one of the firestorm battleplans so it may work out alright. Firestorm definitely makes for some interesting match ups at times. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed it does!  Good luck with that one!  Make sure to use some strategy points for unique tricks (if you have enough), but those rerolls are nice too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay all, I decided to try a gryph-hound or two in my list, but want to make it fit to ride on a ship and serve my Kharadron. So I introduce the lucky gryph-hound Serendipity. Equipped with the finest saddlebags,  air supply unit with beak adapter and aethergold-light, with optional grog keg included. 

20171219_151616.jpg

20171219_151608.jpg

20171219_151703.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Steals idea away to the City of Shadows*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 4:23 PM, FractalRain said:

Okay all, I decided to try a gryph-hound or two in my list, but want to make it fit to ride on a ship and serve my Kharadron. So I introduce the lucky gryph-hound Serendipity. Equipped with the finest saddlebags,  air supply unit with beak adapter and aethergold-light, with optional grog keg included. 

20171219_151616.jpg

20171219_151608.jpg

20171219_151703.jpg

I've used them in foot heavy lists, and found I really liked them for an odd reason: My opponent targeted them first. That's right, they died without doing anything and I was happy about it, because that means they weren't killing something I wanted to live!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am considering a list like the one in the attached picture.  Basically I would be starting the volley gun company, the khemist and all the balloons on the frigate for a three drop list, placing the frigate on the deployment line.  Then I'd try to get second turn, drop all the ballons as far in from the frigate as possible, buff the big unit with the Khemist and between Bokk's command ability and the Skyport run, shoot, and charge and hopefully smash right into the face of the opposition.  Ideally grab the double turn and really put a hurt on the other force..  Khemist probably just buffs the company skypikes in future turns, frigate and its volly company shoot off for an objective or to block something or that kind of thing.

 

thoughts?  anyone tried anything like this?  

7A6D555F-7A1F-4493-8298-86FB9E4344A7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Naflem said:

I am considering a list like the one in the attached picture.  Basically I would be starting the volley gun company, the khemist and all the balloons on the frigate for a three drop list, placing the frigate on the deployment line.  Then I'd try to get second turn, drop all the ballons as far in from the frigate as possible, buff the big unit with the Khemist and between Bokk's command ability and the Skyport run, shoot, and charge and hopefully smash right into the face of the opposition.  Ideally grab the double turn and really put a hurt on the other force..  Khemist probably just buffs the company skypikes in future turns, frigate and its volly company shoot off for an objective or to block something or that kind of thing.

 

thoughts?  anyone tried anything like this?  

7A6D555F-7A1F-4493-8298-86FB9E4344A7.jpeg

Looks like massive fun, but trying to get that many Riggers and Wardens and Brokk deployed around a frigate will be a serious struggle. You'll have even more issues if you give your opponent first turn and they get close enough to it to get their 3" influence reducing your area to drop. Obviously you can try and screen or tailor your drops to depending on your opponents but its still a lot of round eggs in one floating basket 9_9

The other thing to consider is the run AND charge ability from Brokk is really a weapon to use if you take the first turn, if you give away the first turn the majority of opponents will close distance with you, so all your riggers and wardens with their 12" move will easily get into combat anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dez said:

I've used them in foot heavy lists, and found I really liked them for an odd reason: My opponent targeted them first. That's right, they died without doing anything and I was happy about it, because that means they weren't killing something I wanted to live!

Nice Conversion. I'd personally run the tubing under the hound rather than over it's head. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Taylor said:

Nice Conversion. I'd personally run the tubing under the hound rather than over it's head. 

I thought about that, but the tubing is also powering the aether-gold "headlamp". ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look great FractalRain!

 

Out of curiosity what do you guys run your thunderous with? All rifles or a mix of weapons? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, stato said:

Looks like massive fun, but trying to get that many Riggers and Wardens and Brokk deployed around a frigate will be a serious struggle. You'll have even more issues if you give your opponent first turn and they get close enough to it to get their 3" influence reducing your area to drop. Obviously you can try and screen or tailor your drops to depending on your opponents but its still a lot of round eggs in one floating basket 9_9

The other thing to consider is the run AND charge ability from Brokk is really a weapon to use if you take the first turn, if you give away the first turn the majority of opponents will close distance with you, so all your riggers and wardens with their 12" move will easily get into combat anyway.

Hmm thanks the advice, I suppose the choice of first turn may be a bit more matchup dependant than I thought at first..  though one  thing I thought about with the balloon boys is it wouldn't necessarily be required to get into contact with something if the enemy advanced, but the run/charge/being fliers would help get into contact with the right pieces (if the opponent moved up a chaf wall or whatever)  thoughts? 

 

i definetly better try to test fit the models around a frigate (or similarly based models anyway, i need like 5 boxes of skyriggers still lol) i was considering an ironclad to get down to two drops, but it felt like it would cost me too many balloon men...  that would give a bigger footprint though.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the iron clad's firepower is well worth the slightly less balloon boys you get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my list that i currently play :

 

For my test for 2,000 pts over 20 Match with Archaon Everchosen , Nagash and 2 Deathlord , Ironjawz , Death, Stormcast eternal.

The important thing is Who win the dice to take a second turn was take an advantage lol.

 

 

 

KharadronOverlords.jpg

Edited by Zetsu20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

So I'm new to Steam punk sky dwarves and was trying to to put together a list to aim for, for 2000 points since that's what everyone seems to be playing. This is what I'm looking at so far and was wondering what you guys thought... also I know this is probably a common question but how are people getting enought light skyhooks for their arkanaut company. I was thinking of using the skyhooks from the endinriggers kit to supplement the 1 you get the in the company box but most of it is used for the grapnel launchers. :(

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Zilfin
- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Leaders
Aether-Khemist (140)
- General
- Trait: Stickler for the Code:There's No Reward Without Risk 
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 
Aether-Khemist (140)

Battleline
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks

Units
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 2x Grapnel Launchers
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 2x Grapnel Launchers

War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Main Gun: Great Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Aetherspheric Endrinds (Barak-Zilfin Skyvessel)
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Main Gun: Great Sky Cannon

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 100
 

Also as a side question. With Urbaz you can use the augmentation on a second unit within range. Can you stack the +1A? so in the above list (if it was Urbaz) could 2 khemists give 3 saw attacks to both units of endinriggers?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! For the lighy skyhooks you can use the volleyguns from the arkanaut company if your not plannin on using it and attach the blade of some spare skypikes from the skyriggers kit to represent the hook.. I also saw some pics from some blog where he  used arms from the thunderers and attached skyhooks on them too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, malkalen said:

 

Also as a side question. With Urbaz you can use the augmentation on a second unit within range. Can you stack the +1A? so in the above list (if it was Urbaz) could 2 khemists give 3 saw attacks to both units of endinriggers?

 

The Order FAQ they updated when the General's Handbook 2017 came out stated that a weapon could only be augmented once by Khemists, so no stacking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always Skyhooks.

Incidentally the Volley Guns used by Skywardens are stronger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about start up a firestorm campaign next week ahead some help coming up with a 500pts game for week 1. This is what I'm leaning towards 

Ather-khemist

10 man Arkanaut company with 3x skyhooks 

5 man thunderers with 3x rifles, decksweaper and ather-cannon 

3 man endrinrigger

480pts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...