Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, WatcherintheWater said:

If we are trying to brainstorm ways to create more balance between the clown car and other lists, here is what I would do:

• I like the idea of making Frigates battleline instead. I think they're supposed to be the most common ship in the fluff, so it makes sense, and hopefully you would see more of them on the table that way. Or make it so this is only unlocked if you have an Admiral as your general or something like that.
  • Update the "Hitchers" rule so that only one unit of endrinriggers/skywardens can embark on a skyvessal without counting towards the capacity.
  • Decrease the points for the Skyvessals, heroes (except the Khemist), and maybe some of the battalions 
  • Make Barak Zilfin cost some points to take as your skyport (50-100). To me it seems so much better than the other skyports that if you are trying to take the best list you almost have to take it.

Doing those would incentivise people to use more ships and a bigger variety of heros and skyports.

I'm actually quite happy with battletome. To me, KO is an army of manoeuvring. Playing surgically and removing key components in enemies' combo. Kharadron Overlords are doing well enough that they are unlikely to the buffed or no longer overbearing enough to be nerfed. All this probably is wishlisting but here's to hoping for an angelic GW designer to stumble upon this. 

Ironically, I think the transporting ships are well costed, maybe a 20-point drop for the frigate but that's it. Reason being is that the ships 'reduce drops' so you treat them like having the battalion 'reduce-drop  cost' inbuilt (around 60 points). Since I do not feel like clown car lists are overbearingly powerful, rather that there are weak options. Hence Buffs that'd be cool to have:

• 'Brokk' needs to be generic, has a command ability that lets you run, shoot and charge; and unlocks skywarden to be battleline. Why generic? because with the artefacts and command traits, 'generic-Brokk' is awesome. 300 points worth spending.
  • Navigator should be 60 points with the current abilities.
  • Thunderers should be harder to kill. Maybe put them up  as 'judicator-equivalent' so 160 points but 2 wounds and max squad of 10. The rifle would be the workhorse of the unit with 18" 2 shot 3+/4+ no rend. All other weapons  would have the same streamlined stat (12" 2 shot 3+/4+ no rend) but would provide a 'stackable' bonuses to the rifles when shooting same unit (read as do not have to successfully hit but must be within range) : 
    • Finish 'em: Aethercannon adds 1 rend to rifles when shooting at the same unit
    • Shred 'em: Decksweeper adds 1 attack to rifles when shooting at the same unit
    • Pin  'em: Mortar adds 1 to-wound to rifles when shooting at the same unit
    • Fumigator stays as it is and anything else remain unchanged. 
  • Gunhauler needs an overhaul. Not particularly sure what role it can play that skywardens can do better. Probably should be more like gyrobomber  stat and pointwise (6W 100-140 pts) but more resilent (-1 to hit) in the combat phase. 

The biggest draw to Barak Zilfin is because the Endrinworks, if it was generic then you'll see other skyports (in competitive play).  Not saying it should but that's why people pick that skyport. Some maybe updates:

• Endrinmaster should have Lord Ordinator's command ability when used as Barak-Zon port general. 
  •  Barak-Nar should have an artefact to allow a hero to unbind on three dice but pick highest. 
  • Admiral needs another melee attack base. 
  • All Kharadron battalions need to drop by 100 points. For example, 'Iron Sky command' I'm paying 140 points just for the abilities since all those fellas are in the boat anyways. 
  • Heavy Skycannon should have another shot. Would incentivize the Frigate.
  • Heavy Skyhook can drag enemy models D6" towards self (or pull self).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey gang, been seeing the strategy discussions and am a bit worried that the "Clown Car" seems to be frowned upon. I was under the impression that this was the standard deathstar of the KO faction as a whole. Not that I mind any nerfs since I haven't actually gotten a game in just yet. Anyway here is my progress on my Endrinriggers. Once the Endrin and Fin and attached , the gaps near some of their bums are pretty much unnoticeable but I am very leery of how the stands are attached and have to say, not looking forward to packing these guys for transport.

As to what I am hoping to see, aesthetically I'd love to see a named Hero model on a large Frigate size base. Maybe a specific Captain/Admiral model who starts as a Frigate, the frigate itself being a slightly unique resculpt while still having some of the basic Frigate abilities like  transportation capabilities and this Captain/Admiral model not counting to the transport limit since he/she is already unique to the the ship. The Captain/Admiral can't disembark but if the ship blows up or is destroyed, that hero model can have a special rule that allows it to "survive" the blast and be a small-based model with a different set of rules. Essentially reverse-Morathi but in keeping with the core aesthetic of the KO faction with the  focus on ships.

I'd also like to see a more dedicated heavy infantry unit for the KO along the lines of Ironbreakers in WHFB. But you could say that in the fluff, these were the Dwarfs that specialized in Naval Boarding actions and close quarters combat. Probably will be a 3 man unit with several wounds and above average Save rating with all the inherent weaknesses of a dwarf (4" move) and maybe each model taking up the space for 2 models in a transport, something along those lines.

20180305_001434_resized.jpg

20180305_001503_resized.jpg

On 3/2/2018 at 12:05 PM, stato said:

Yeah I think a lot of people overlook how good some aspects of KO are.  That they didnt do to Arkanaut Company what they did to Thunderers has only increased the spam of skyhooks, so I wouldnt be surprised to see arkanauts go to 140pt at the exchange of dropping 20pt on each ship. 80pt Thunderers might be an interesting option though.

Only if you nerf all the armies that are actually horrible cheese.

I play in a fairly competitive meta. I don't want to put my models on the table and subsequently feel helpless against who I'm against.

On 3/2/2018 at 8:54 PM, Drofnum said:

I think changing hitchers and charging for Zilfin would be overkill, just changing the hitchers rule would limit how silly the clown car can get.

• Make a generic Skyrigger hero, like Brokk but useful.  A command trait would be nice as well but not required.  Also make Brokk worth taking, points drop or buff.
  • A new battleline option is needed, even if its Battleline if a certain hero is general, we really need some options for variety.
  • Gunhauler needs an overhaul (haha) it needs a big drop in points or a big warscroll rework.
  • More units would be nice, but I dont think we are going to see those for a while.  Its hard to have a variety of builds when you dont have many units to choose from and 2-3 of them are useless in matched play.  There is a vehicle in the Iron Dragon book that they claim is a new invention of one of the captains that sounds a lot like an updated Gyrocopter, would be cool to see that get added.
  • Better command traits would be really nice, I think These are just Guidelines and Fleetmaster are the only two you ever take really. Artifacts could use some adjustment as well as there are a couple standouts that are very good and the rest are borderline useless with how the army plays on the table.
  • Along the lines of both 1 and 3 above I think an ironbreakers type unit would be nice, but it may negate one of our weaknesses too much. I cant imagine the KO havent found a need for some unit to help repel boarders in battle though. Allied Fyreslayers or Dispossessed can also fill that role pretty well. 

Definitely agree with all your points. A boarding unit would be sensational. They could go all out with the style and give a different style opportunity for the players. Give them a short range shooting attack like the Dispossessed miners, a big hammer and more than a wound and let's go!

On 3/2/2018 at 6:05 PM, stato said:

Yeah I think a lot of people overlook how good some aspects of KO are.  That they didnt do to Arkanaut Company what they did to Thunderers has only increased the spam of skyhooks, so I wouldnt be surprised to see arkanauts go to 140pt at the exchange of dropping 20pt on each ship. 80pt Thunderers might be an interesting option though.

I really hope they don't up the points on the Arkanauts. We already have enough trouble putting bodies on the table when play ships. 140 is really expensive when taking into account choice and army synergies. Ignoring the clown car, this would be detrimental to the rest of the lists being played.

17 hours ago, Qaz said:

Heavy Skyhook can drag enemy models D6" towards self (or pull self).

I'm a bit confused with the wording in the FAQ. It went from:

"If one or more enemy units suffer

an unsaved wound from a Heavy Skyhook, the

Arkanaut Frigate can immediately move D6, as

long as it ends the move closer to one of these units."

to

‘After all attacks for this unit are completed, if any

wounds inflicted by this unit’s Skyhook were allocated

to an enemy unit and not negated, you can move this

unit D6", as long as it ends the move closer to one of the

enemy units that the wounds inflicted by the Skyhook

were allocated to.’

Isn't this the same thing?

32 minutes ago, Mordeus said:

I'm a bit confused with the wording in the FAQ. It went from:

"If one or more enemy units suffer

an unsaved wound from a Heavy Skyhook, the

Arkanaut Frigate can immediately move D6, as

long as it ends the move closer to one of these units."

to

‘After all attacks for this unit are completed, if any

wounds inflicted by this unit’s Skyhook were allocated

to an enemy unit and not negated, you can move this

unit D6", as long as it ends the move closer to one of the

enemy units that the wounds inflicted by the Skyhook

were allocated to.’

Isn't this the same thing?

I understand that in the first rule, you can shoot, move, and continue shooting (if you are in range of course) with your skyvessel. 
The second rule explicity says "After all attacks". So you shoot (with all your ranged weapons), and then you just move the Skyvessel.

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

I understand that in the first rule, you can shoot, move, and continue shooting (if you are in range of course) with your skyvessel. 
The second rule explicity says "After all attacks". So you shoot (with all your ranged weapons), and then you just move the Skyvessel.

I think this is intended to make it so that you cannot pull yourself a few inches to get your other guns in range. 

One of the problem i think the kharadron have is that it's a nearly full shooting army (and shooting is very powerful and frustrating to face) that melt in melee (and melee can come quite fast... which me the game frustrating for the kharadron player)

alone in a non clown car, they are frustrating, in grand alliance order, they are (or the arkanauts are )absolutely disgusting. It's hard to balance those units (especially the arkanauts) easily

i think giving the special grundstock thunderers rules to all the kharadron units if you play with the kharadron allegiance, giving them the possibility to escape a melee fight instead of attack, would make the army a bit less "gues i'll die" when something is in melee

2 hours ago, ledha said:

One of the problem i think the kharadron have is that it's a nearly full shooting army (and shooting is very powerful and frustrating to face) that melt in melee (and melee can come quite fast... which me the game frustrating for the kharadron player)

alone in a non clown car, they are frustrating, in grand alliance order, they are (or the arkanauts are )absolutely disgusting. It's hard to balance those units (especially the arkanauts) easily

i think giving the special grundstock thunderers rules to all the kharadron units if you play with the kharadron allegiance, giving them the possibility to escape a melee fight instead of attack, would make the army a bit less "gues i'll die" when something is in melee

I have trouble believing arkanauts are disgusting in the grand alliance. To make arkanauts really work, you need enough support elements that your army is suddenly all KO already, and there's no reason to be grand allience

50 minutes ago, stratigo said:

I have trouble believing arkanauts are disgusting in the grand alliance. To make arkanauts really work, you need enough support elements that your army is suddenly all KO already, and there's no reason to be grand allience

take ton of arkanauts (like 30/20/10) with 2 khemist. Take a big wall of phoenix guard with annointed (like 2x30). Now your opponent will have to kill 60 wounds of immun battleshock guys with a 4+ invulnerable save before even reaching your arkanauts. Or you can take 2x30 vulkites with a battlesmith.  Or 30 liberators with a castellant.

Most of melee armies can't even hope to break that before round 3/4. Some will totally bounce on it.

In Order grand alliance, you can afford extremely hard to kill walls who take the whole board and can keeps the arkanauts completely safe from pretty much any melee unit in the game. The arkanauts don't really need their alliance ability to kill things. Just a khemist

Just now, ledha said:

take ton of arkanauts (like 30/20/10) with 2 khemist. Take a big wall of phoenix guard with annointed (like 2x30). Now your opponent will have to kill 60 wounds of immun battleshock guys with a 4+ invulnerable save before even reaching your arkanauts. Or you can take 2x30 vulkites with a battlesmith. 

Most of melee armies can't even hope to break that before round 3/4. Some will totally bounce on it.

In Order grand alliance, you can afford extremely hard to kill walls who can keeps the arkanauts completely safe from pretty much any melee unit in the game. The arkanauts don't really need their alliance ability to kill things. Just a khemist

I'm actually trying something out with 40 company + Khemist in a mixed order list.  Just have to get a few more units to make it work but i think they could be very solid in a mixed order army with tougher blocking units in front of them.

17 hours ago, Badlander86 said:

As to what I am hoping to see, aesthetically I'd love to see a named Hero model on a large Frigate size base. Maybe a specific Captain/Admiral model who starts as a Frigate, the frigate itself being a slightly unique resculpt while still having some of the basic Frigate abilities like  transportation capabilities and this Captain/Admiral model not counting to the transport limit since he/she is already unique to the the ship. The Captain/Admiral can't disembark but if the ship blows up or is destroyed, that hero model can have a special rule that allows it to "survive" the blast and be a small-based model with a different set of rules. Essentially reverse-Morathi but in keeping with the core aesthetic of the KO faction with the  focus on ships.

Oh, I like this very much! There is so much potential for unique ships, with all the Kharadrons stuff being handcrafted. 
Maybe the Captain can get a faster ship with additional engines? (Maybe its the famous Solv Falk that made the Ka'Ssl run in 12 parsec?) A bit extra movement and the ability to always take the Endrinworks even when not playing Barak-Zilfin, but he has to take them (so no double artifacts).

17 hours ago, Badlander86 said:

I'd also like to see a more dedicated heavy infantry unit for the KO along the lines of Ironbreakers in WHFB. But you could say that in the fluff, these were the Dwarfs that specialized in Naval Boarding actions and close quarters combat. Probably will be a 3 man unit with several wounds and above average Save rating with all the inherent weaknesses of a dwarf (4" move) and maybe each model taking up the space for 2 models in a transport, something along those lines.

I had a similar idea. Maybe make a unit that utilize Brokk Grungsons exo-suit, but with out the endrine on top. Equipped with a wrist mounted aethershot-rifle and a saw on the other hand. The ability to overload their suits (3 Damage instead of D3) can be very powerful in the right situation. 

11 hours ago, ledha said:

take ton of arkanauts (like 30/20/10) with 2 khemist. Take a big wall of phoenix guard with annointed (like 2x30). Now your opponent will have to kill 60 wounds of immun battleshock guys with a 4+ invulnerable save before even reaching your arkanauts. Or you can take 2x30 vulkites with a battlesmith.  Or 30 liberators with a castellant.

In Order grand alliance, you can afford extremely hard to kill walls who take the whole board and can keeps the arkanauts completely safe from pretty much any melee unit in the game. The arkanauts don't really need their alliance ability to kill things. Just a chemist

Ya, I agree that the arkanaut companies do not depend on the allegiance benefits. In fact outside of "clown car" Zilfin list, I feel like KO allegiance is not necessary and the pool of Order units may be better than other skyports. Anyways, will be testing that thought and try out this list for this weekend's local tourney, would have loved a hurricanum but don't own one:

Allegiance: Hammerhal

Leaders
Aether-Khemist (140)
Lord-Ordinator (100)
- General
- Trait: Tenacious
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key

Battleline
20 x Arkanaut Company (240)
- 6x Light Skyhooks
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
- Pairs of Handaxes

Units
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 2x Grapnel Launchers

War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad (440) 
- Aethermatic Volley Cannon

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

Strategy: Lord ordinator buffs ironclad to spew out 44 rend -1 shots and create a threat zone with the arkanaut company. Vulkites are there to hold down the frontline and push out threats to backline or with runesmither to keep enemy in their deployment/objective grab. Endrinriggers as a response units.

1 hour ago, Qaz said:

Ya, I agree that the arkanaut companies do not depend on the allegiance benefits. In fact outside of "clown car" Zilfin list, I feel like KO allegiance is not necessary and the pool of Order units may be better than other skyports. Anyways, will be testing that thought and try out this list for this weekend's local tourney, would have loved a hurricanum but don't own one:

Allegiance: Hammerhal

Leaders
Aether-Khemist (140)
Lord-Ordinator (100)
- General
- Trait: Tenacious
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key

Battleline
20 x Arkanaut Company (240)
- 6x Light Skyhooks
- War-Picks & Slingshields
- Pairs of Handaxes

Units
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 2x Grapnel Launchers

War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad (440) 
- Aethermatic Volley Cannon

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

Strategy: Lord ordinator buffs ironclad to spew out 44 rend -1 shots and create a threat zone with the arkanaut company. Vulkites are there to hold down the frontline and push out threats to backline or with runesmither to keep enemy in their deployment/objective grab. Endrinriggers as a response units.

If you take vulkite, i think a battlesmith is mandatory. Without him, they are not as resilient as they should be

28 minutes ago, ledha said:

If you take vulkite, i think a battlesmith is mandatory. Without him, they are not as resilient as they should be

Hmm... Probably should get a game in before the weekend. My line of thinking would be getting board positioning is more important than being even more sturdy. And it increases my drop from 4 to 5. Then again, I am expecting 4 death armies in a 14-player tournament. 

Considering bringing something different to a tournament :)

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Mhornar
- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Leaders
Arkanaut Admiral (140)
- General
- Trait: Opportunistic Privateers 
- Artefact: Masterwrought Armour 
Aether-Khemist (140)
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 

Battleline
30 x Arkanaut Company (360)
- 9x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks
- 3x Aethermatic Volley Guns

Units
9 x Endrinriggers (360)
- 3x Grapnel Launchers

War Machines
Arkanaut Frigate (280)
- Main Gun: Heavy Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Prudency Chutes
Arkanaut Frigate (280)

Battalions
Iron Sky Squadron (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 107

I originally made this list for a friend with his existing models, and he told me I was crazy :) Now, I want to go to the tournament and dominate it so I can say 'Told you so!'

I think I’ve made a good Alpha Strike list with some late game play. Basically, it’s a one drop list that will decide it gets the first turn (unless you lose the roll vs another one drop list). In the first turn, you can both run and shoot. You can also choose an enemy unit, and any models within 3” of your General can reroll hits. This is great for your Arkanaut Co, who already get a 3+ when targeting Monsters or Heroes.  You can surround (think circling the wagons) your Arkanauts with your Frigates, hopefully also gaining the benefit of the 3” reroll. If not, All Hands to Guns and reroll 1’s. The Iron Sky Squadron also adds +1 Attack to all their ranged weapons in the first turn. It’s a finesse list, that will HAMMER your opponent. Your only worry is you will be deploying first, and your opponent can counter deploy but with a 12” Deployment zone plus the run move you should have pretty good board control anyway.

The Arkanaut co of 30 are on the ground, and the Khemist makes them murder machines. They will be on your objective. Empty Frigates with 10 AC on board will grab your objectives. The first round of shooting will wipe out a good chunk of your opponents army.

34 minutes ago, Dez said:

Considering bringing something different to a tournament :)

Skyport: Barak-Mhornar
- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Spoiler

Leaders
Arkanaut Admiral (140)
- General
- Trait: Opportunistic Privateers 
- Artefact: Masterwrought Armour 
Aether-Khemist (140)
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 

Battleline
30 x Arkanaut Company (360)
- 9x Light Skyhooks
- 3x Light Skyhooks
- 3x Aethermatic Volley Guns

Units
9 x Endrinriggers (360)
- 3x Grapnel Launchers

War Machines
Arkanaut Frigate (280)
- Great Endrinworks: Prudency Chutes
Arkanaut Frigate (280)

Battalions
Iron Sky Squadron (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 107

I originally made this list for a friend with his existing models, and he told me I was crazy :) Now, I want to go to the tournament and dominate it so I can say 'Told you so!'

I think I’ve made a good Alpha Strike list with some late game play. Basically, it’s a one drop list that will decide it gets the first turn (unless you lose the roll vs another one drop list). In the first turn, you can both run and shoot. You can also choose an enemy unit, and any models within 3” of your General can reroll hits. This is great for your Arkanaut Co, who already get a 3+ when targeting Monsters or Heroes.  You can surround (think circling the wagons) your Arkanauts with your Frigates, hopefully also gaining the benefit of the 3” reroll. If not, All Hands to Guns and reroll 1’s. The Iron Sky Squadron also adds +1 Attack to all their ranged weapons in the first turn. It’s a finesse list, that will HAMMER your opponent. Your only worry is you will be deploying first, and your opponent can counter deploy but with a 12” Deployment zone plus the run move you should have pretty good board control anyway.

The Arkanaut co of 30 are on the ground, and the Khemist makes them murder machines. They will be on your objective. Empty Frigates with 10 AC on board will grab your objectives. The first round of shooting will wipe out a good chunk of your opponents army.

Interesting variation on the typical Mhornar list. This is essentially what i was building when Kharadrons came out, ive not built my 2nd Frigate yet so been allying in some stormcast to fill the point gap.  The 30 arkanauts (9 skyhooks) can really REALLY turn on the hurt with re-roll to hit, but still occasionally do nothing.  The re-roll to hit on a target unit really needs to be saturated and have everything you can destroying that target, spread any shots and it quickly struggles.  Strangely I find this list comes into its own more at close range where you are getting all the close range pistol shots re-rolling too.  The typical Mhornar list does struggle with objective grabbing, as youve essentially turned it into a dwarf gun-line, but 2 frigates might negate that somewhat.

Two nice tricks with this list.

1 is to scare your opponent into deploying way back to avoid your potential devastating first turn, then give them first turn safe in the knowledge you wont get shot or magicked back (risky if they have deep strike or put inspiring presence on a key unit)

2 is to use your run and shoot first turn to get pistols in range on deployments with 18" separation

I think the list has really good potential but does suffer against deep-strike lists as even the frigates dont screen especially well and they are your only 'chaff'.  Ive had some great games with Mhornar and think they can go far with an experienced and tactical player, im a ****** competative player though so am about 50/50 win rate :D

One thing to remember, the battallion re-roll run (very good for first turn run-shoot) only applies when arkanauts dis-embark (recent FAQ) so you wouldnt get it on the unit of 30.

18 minutes ago, stato said:

Interesting variation on the typical Mhornar list. This is essentially what i was building when Kharadrons came out, ive not built my 2nd Frigate yet so been allying in some stormcast to fill the point gap.  The 30 arkanauts (9 skyhooks) can really REALLY turn on the hurt with re-roll to hit, but still occasionally do nothing.  The re-roll to hit on a target unit really needs to be saturated and have everything you can destroying that target, spread any shots and it quickly struggles.  Strangely I find this list comes into its own more at close range where you are getting all the close range pistol shots re-rolling too.  The typical Mhornar list does struggle with objective grabbing, as youve essentially turned it into a dwarf gun-line, but 2 frigates might negate that somewhat.

Two nice tricks with this list.

1 is to scare your opponent into deploying way back to avoid your potential devastating first turn, then give them first turn safe in the knowledge you wont get shot or magicked back (risky if they have deep strike or put inspiring presence on a key unit)

2 is to use your run and shoot first turn to get pistols in range on deployments with 18" separation

I think the list has really good potential but does suffer against deep-strike lists as even the frigates dont screen especially well and they are your only 'chaff'.  Ive had some great games with Mhornar and think they can go far with an experienced and tactical player, im a ****** competative player though so am about 50/50 win rate :D

One thing to remember, the battallion re-roll run (very good for first turn run-shoot) only applies when arkanauts dis-embark (recent FAQ) so you wouldnt get it on the unit of 30.

Luckily I'm pretty competent competitively (at least in the New England area) :) Good thoughts on forcing bad deployment decisions on my opponent, I do like that. 

The unit of 30 has no choice, and I'm 100% ok with it just moving a bit to get to targets. The other 2 units will depend on scenario and opponent if they get out or not. I'm kind of excited to try something a bit different for a tournament.

Speaking of which, has anyone read The Overlords of the Iron Dragon by CL Werner? I'm half-way through it and I have to say, its not a bad read at all. Paints a very interesting picture of the mercantile nature of the Kharadron Overlords and incidentally is Bark-Zilfin related which is odd considering Barak-Nar should be the face of the Overlords.

6 hours ago, Badlander86 said:

Speaking of which, has anyone read The Overlords of the Iron Dragon by CL Werner? I'm half-way through it and I have to say, its not a bad read at all. Paints a very interesting picture of the mercantile nature of the Kharadron Overlords and incidentally is Bark-Zilfin related which is odd considering Barak-Nar should be the face of the Overlords.

Yeah, I got it as soon as it came out.  It was very interesting and added a lot of flavor to the "normal" KO way of trading etc.  They places they traveled were also cool.  The Spear of Shadows is another great book which has some nice KO bits in it.

Evening all 

so today I picked up a khemist and a box of company, i am trying to get to 1k with the below list but just wanted to make sure it would be half decent befor I remortgage the house to buy the rest of it. I think it's a simple list to get me into the swing of things.

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords Skyport: Barak-Urbaz

- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Leaders

Aether-Khemist (140) - General
- Command Trait : Stickler for the Code:There's No Trading With Some People

Aether-Khemist (140) - Artefact : Aethershock Earbuster

Units

20 x Arkanaut Company (240) - 6 x Light Skyhooks

20 x Arkanaut Company (240) - 6 x Light Skyhooks

6 x Endrinriggers (240) 

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Most of all I'd just like to see another Battleline unit. Arkanaut Companies being the mainstay is nice and fluffy, sure, but there really needs to be at least a smidge of diversity. As was suggested above, something dedicated to repelling attackers from the actual ships would be both thematic and useful. 

Could even give them buffs for being near a ship, maybe making gunhaulers slightly more useful as a point defense or something.  I hope they do revisit some of the newer factions soon, but i know there are a lot out there that need some love.

Archived