Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

13 minutes ago, Ciddan said:

Hi All,

Just glueing together my Endrinriggers. Do you guys use them with Saws & Rivet Gun, or would anyone recommend any of the other weapons for them?

Ciddan,

I assembled mine already too and left just their endrinpacks spearate for painting reasons. But as far as kitouts, I assembled 5 with rivet pistols and saws and equipped one with a grapnel launcher. :) 

The choice is yours, but the opportunity to rubberband across the board 24" and slaughtering a stonehorn is great right after slaughtering some fools with your rivet pistols!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dez said:

I rely on the Grappling Gun, I think it's too good of a utility to pass up. I take 3 to make sure I hit and I take the Endrinriggers in units of 9.

So Dez,

If you take 9, is 7 attacks from the saw enough to put enough hurt on your target? Do you buff with Khemists, and how many?

I tend to use my riggers as more of a counter charger so I rely less on the harpoons I hvent met an army that isent already trying to close with me. That's why I've been running 1x6 or 2x9 if I get the harpoons then I can go do something silly if it misses they still exist to be a goalie keeping folks out of my Thunderers 

8 minutes ago, Superking said:

Hi

Does the Arkanaut Company special weapons fit on any body or are they locked to a particular one? I.e if I buy two light skyhooks do I have the ability to stick them on any body?

Yes you can! I have 3 Light Skyhooks per 10 Arkanauts and I used different arkanaut bodies, but the same Light Skyhook bits. I think the arm and gun attach and then you just fit it onto any body of your choosing. 

Is that what you're asking?

Yeah, the best bet it to trade bits but bits are scarce. The best looking conversion i saw was just use the volleygun and cut the spare Light Skyhook tip off one of the other bits and glue it to the tip of the volley gun. Looks legit enough. 

6 minutes ago, Slick_Kid said:

Yeah, the best bet it to trade bits but bits are scarce. The best looking conversion i saw was just use the volleygun and cut the spare Light Skyhook tip off one of the other bits and glue it to the tip of the volley gun. Looks legit enough. 

That would look a lot better IMHO if one smoothed out the barrels of the volly gun so it looked like one single barrel rather than multiple - with green stuff or whatever...

1 hour ago, Naflem said:

That would look a lot better IMHO if one smoothed out the barrels of the volly gun so it looked like one single barrel rather than multiple - with green stuff or whatever...

I'd considered doing it that way, but I really like the look of the volley gun :) In my mind, it represents multiple chambers for compressed air used to propel the hook directly into a Thundertusks' ugly little face :) 

4 Khemists, Admiral, 3 arkanaughts, Ironclad, Riggers, Zifflin Clown car.

Its good, the riggers are amazing with 5 attacks each, chew through anything.  But good bubble wrap, or area denial will deal with it.  If it doesn't get a double most will go down in a round to something decent. 

Has to drop then kill, then double and kill again.

So ive been playing Overlords for afew weeks now, alot of losses as i get used to them ( I was a Beastclaw Raiders Player so abit of a learning curve ) and i FINALLY had my first victory with them yesterday. Granted it was a 2v2, but it still felt good and I was able to play them how they should be played. 

My ally was Fyrelslayers, so he did the majority of the melee while i systematically tabled my opposing Seraphon player. 

So in hindsight of my experiences. 

Thunderers w/ rifles with Aetherkhemist = ANGRY

Endrinriggers with khemist buff on swords = SUPER ANGRY

Barak Nar unbinding=Hilarity

Arkanaut company are good, and in the absence of any good chaff they can hold out for alittle bit while you shoot whatever they are in combat with

Cannon on the frigate is veery hit and miss, but when it does hit its worth it.

I have no idea what the Admirals for.... like seriously 

Endrinmaster is rad. 

Admiral also lets you run/shoot with ship (probably ironclad).  Which can be great, esp combined with always run 6.  He has a 3+ save as well so 2+ in cover.  Give him reroll 1's and the pass off wounds various abilities and he is really hard to kill.

17 hours ago, Paul Buckler said:

Admiral also lets you run/shoot with ship (probably ironclad).  Which can be great, esp combined with always run 6.  He has a 3+ save as well so 2+ in cover.  Give him reroll 1's and the pass off wounds various abilities and he is really hard to kill.

Aaaand i forgot all that xD thanks! On that note ive got a 2k tourney coming up in July and im trying to figure out whether or not i want to take 3 aetherkhemists ( for maximum cheese ) or 2 khemists, an endrinmaster and an admiral. thoughts?

I feel the second option might also be more interesting to play than the first. And it's not like you are lacking in the khemist department either, two is a lot nonetheless. I kind of like the endrinmaster and the admiral on an Ironclad. Makes it way too expensive but kind of fun to play with!

I keep thinking about that "clown car" list and while I love the one drop That it can do I have no idea how it can win so consistently.  it seems like it'd come down the riggers kill one unit and then die to the incoming shooting in the next turn. Then you have nothing left but trying to delay them mopping up the troops.

It seems so very much eggs in one basket and even then you can't reach your one inch range over your own bases so I don't know how a unit of 12 guys consistently would even get all 9 in on a unit

if anyone's found video/batreps on those games I'd love to see them

Archived