Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AlexHarrison said:

Do you mean one model from the unit?

The rules says the unit (every model in that unit) need to be whitin or on the terrain not 1 model alone but without a FAQ i think is open to interpretations

I think that is going to be debatable. We'd love it if it was one model from the unit like damned/mystical/arcane etc.. terrain. 

You could also point to the 'cover' rule which requires all models to be wholly on/within.

Hopefully will be faq'd

45 minutes ago, Earthtremor said:

I think that is going to be debatable. We'd love it if it was one model from the unit like damned/mystical/arcane etc.. terrain. 

You could also point to the 'cover' rule which requires all models to be wholly on/within.

Hopefully will be faq'd

KO was release earlier this month so i think they will post soon some type of FAQs anyway.

On 5/11/2017 at 2:51 PM, Halfmad said:

Has anyone had any problems with the turret while assembling the frigate?  I lined up the notches and pushed the dome on but it only rotates a few degrees so I can't get it to point forward.  I can't seem to find a nice way to remove the dome and I'm not sure what's causing this binding.  Any thoughts/tips?

For me the turret ring at the bottom is a bit too tught. Before j prime mine I will take it off and shave down some of the spots where it seems too narrow. It is probably the same issue as the drop pod doors: a tiny bit of extra plastic in the wrong spot.

4 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

Hi all, need a bit of help here. Can anyone point me to a good resource for the Kharadron's alphabet? All I have left to do is paint the name on my frigate, but I keep coming up blank for references.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just do a Google search for Khazalid...

So I dont remember if this was covered, but skyhooks. The requirement for a unit who has skyhooks to move say "closer to a unit that was harpooned", not to the unit they harpooned. That is quite a bit more flexible. I might plan on taking a couple more guys to abuse this.

8 minutes ago, Lecfast said:

So I dont remember if this was covered, but skyhooks. The requirement for a unit who has skyhooks to move say "closer to a unit that was harpooned", not to the unit they harpooned. That is quite a bit more flexible. I might plan on taking a couple more guys to abuse this.

Yeah the skyhooks let you move 1D6 to units who was harpooned so when u wound a unit with skyhooks they get harpooned forever and u have a 1D6 free if u go close to that unit or units.

Yeah the skyhooks let you move 1D6 to units who was harpooned so when u wound a unit with skyhooks they get harpooned forever and u have a 1D6 free if u go close to that unit or units.

"Great Skyhook: If one or more enemy units suffer an unsaved wound from a Great Skyhook,the Arkanaut Ironclad can immediately move D6", as long as it ends the move closer to one of these units."

It's the unsaved wound caused by the great skyhook that triggers the move. They may stay harpooned forever but you still need ANOTHER unsaved wound caused by the great skyhook to trigger ANOTHER D6" move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But is that move any good? Why would you like to get closer? And d6 is hard to be useful by the random factor.

also the move doesn't need to directly towards the target? It can be sideways as long as it's also a fraction of an inch towards the target?

can you pivot a bit too?

The move is good I guess if you are playing for a double turn 1 into 2 so you move up with your ships, then shoot (move a bit closer) get the double turn and disembark further up the field by d6" than you would have been. 

Also later in the game if you need to get to a far off objective the extra d6" might be useful

Still prefer canons tbh

But is that move any good? Why would you like to get closer? And d6 is hard to be useful by the random factor.

also the move doesn't need to directly towards the target? It can be sideways as long as it's also a fraction of an inch towards the target?
can you pivot a bit too?

Depends on if you are trying to get off a charge? Not entirely sure since my experience is the kharadron do not want to be in combat. No mystic shield is just a killer to that strategy for me. I use endrinriggers just to countercharge or hold up a unit for another round of shooting. Otherwise I just scoot and shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that noticed that KO unit are very wound light? This Is backed up by pretty mediocre saves. 

They do get awesome buffs compared to most factions but they seem to be pretty balanced. 

Even compared to dispossessed lists, they gain mobility and lose melee ability and wounds. Also Rune magic buffs. 

I ask because people here already seem to be complaining about khemists, which while powerful, is still only one unit which can be sniped pretty easily.  

4 hours ago, Cerlin said:

Am I the only one that noticed that KO unit are very wound light? This Is backed up by pretty mediocre saves. 

They do get awesome buffs compared to most factions but they seem to be pretty balanced. 

Even compared to dispossessed lists, they gain mobility and lose melee ability and wounds. Also Rune magic buffs. 

I ask because people here already seem to be complaining about khemists, which while powerful, is still only one unit which can be sniped pretty easily.  

A lot of hero's can be sniped easily... But still they don't have such a strong ability which doesn't cost your command ability, doesn't need to be cast AND stacks. Sure it can be sniped, but it's still stronger than  comparable hero's. I'm not saying his points should be tripled or anything (doubled would be nice :) )

On May 12, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Bashpan said:

The rules says the unit (every model in that unit) need to be whitin or on the terrain not 1 model alone but without a FAQ i think is open to interpretations

The FAQ does make clear that a unit is within X" of whatever if at least one model from the unit meets that qualification. It seems to follow that the unit is considered to be "on" the terrain if at least one model is.  If the whole unit needed to be on that terrain, then it would have been worded like Cover (which is clearly in contrast with how Prospector is worded):
5917b72f7ed50_ScreenShot2017-05-13at9_46_41PM.png.09656515a0b4a04ff6f0c1bdb0a0f3cd.png

Prospector should trigger is at least 1 model from the unit fulfills the condition (as per the FAQ for similar things).

10 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

The FAQ does make clear that a unit is within X" of whatever if at least one model from the unit meets that qualification. It seems to follow that the unit is considered to be "on" the terrain if at least one model is.  If the whole unit needed to be on that terrain, then it would have been worded like Cover (which is clearly in contrast with how Prospector is worded):
5917b72f7ed50_ScreenShot2017-05-13at9_46_41PM.png.09656515a0b4a04ff6f0c1bdb0a0f3cd.png

Prospector should trigger is at least 1 model from the unit fulfills the condition (as per the FAQ for similar things).

Yeah but without a KO FAQs i cant really say that prospector works like that but anyway is open to interpretations when i use prospector im using it like the cover rules says.

I think I've decided on a 2000pts list but I'm not sure about one unit.

So far I've got:

Admiral

Khemist

Endrinmaster

3x10 Arkanauts

5 Gundrak Thunderer with rifles

3 Endrinriggers

Ironclad

Frigate

Gunhauler

100 pts left.

What do you guys think? Another unit of thunderers or skywardens?

Archived