Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

The frigates can be useful, but at times are a little disappointing with their 4+ to hit and 5+ save.  In two low-point Path to Glory games I used one to block charges on my units (though it suffered badly the first game) and because it is very mobile, you can retreat with it and grab objectives or potentially activate it before the enemy unit attacks and move it far enough way to leave the enemy standing around to get shot (best done if you are going after your opponent).  But, it will take more games to figure out what works well.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Connelj2 said:

Here is what I did to give them all cannons :) I also used an iron drake icon have them carry the code book around ;) just to "check the rules"

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

These turned out great!  I'm working hard on modularity and decided to cast and magnetize.  However, yesterday I had a great idea and am currently modifying the cannons with an underslung mortar barrel, so that I can use that weapon for either/or and don't need to swap to a different mortar weapon in different games.  I am casting this dwarf face found in the Ironclad kit -   Then I hope to cut out the mouth lines and use it as a replacement shield for the cannons and will have both barrels pointing from the mouth.  Will definitely share when I get a prototype completed!

Dwarf bit.png

10 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

The frigates can be useful, but at times are a little disappointing with their 4+ to hit and 5+ save.  In two low-point Path to Glory games I used one to block charges on my units (though it suffered badly the first game) and because it is very mobile, you can retreat with it and grab objectives or potentially activate it before the enemy unit attacks and move it far enough way to leave the enemy standing around to get shot (best done if you are going after your opponent).  But, it will take more games to figure out what works well.

So one could use the ships as some kind of wagon fort like in a western movie to shoot into melee? Sounds fun.

10 minutes ago, Simhis said:

So one could use the ships as some kind of wagon fort like in a western movie to shoot into melee? Sounds fun.

This is how I plan on using them once I get to higher point games, Circle the Wagons!

Yes!  Dez actually gave me the idea during one of these conversations.  As the mob is busy fighting the frigate, you can keep shooting them with the rest of the army.  The only drawback is if they have a large number of attacks and take it down too quickly.

2 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Yes!  Dez actually gave me the idea during one of these conversations.  As the mob is busy fighting the frigate, you can keep shooting them with the rest of the army.  The only drawback is if they have a large number of attacks and take it down too quickly.

This is why I was thinking of adding multiple units of Endrinriggers, to repair and counter attack. Might not be worth much in practice, just a thought and it would have to be buffed up ships to recover wounds.

If considering Barak-Urbaz, this could be great with both Endrinriggers and Mortars being buffed by Khemists.

Has anyone had any problems with the turret while assembling the frigate?  I lined up the notches and pushed the dome on but it only rotates a few degrees so I can't get it to point forward.  I can't seem to find a nice way to remove the dome and I'm not sure what's causing this binding.  Any thoughts/tips?

5 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

I agree Dez!  I had not thought to use the Endrinriggers like that with this tactic, but definitely intrigues me!  I ordered 4 boxes, so can't wait to get them this weekend!

What kind of a sicko orders 4 boxes? 

It should have been at least 5 :)

47 minutes ago, Dez said:

What kind of a sicko orders 4 boxes? 

It should have been at least 5 :)

xDDD I preorder 4 boxes for my 2 units of 6 endrinriggers, 1 Endrinmaster,  3 aether-khemist and i have now 1 ironclad 1 frigate 3 units of arkanauts and 3 grundstok thunderers xDDDD

Lot of money but the army is worth it

I only have one more question remaining...

when the tome talked about sky-fish, is it actual sky fish- as in scaly fish that can fly? or is it just a fantasy way of saying "Birds"? would a sparrow be considered a sardine then? 

I only have one more question remaining...

when the tome talked about sky-fish, is it actual sky fish- as in scaly fish that can fly? or is it just a fantasy way of saying "Birds"? would a sparrow be considered a sardine then? 

I think the picture of the Kharadron carving up the sky shark answers this question definitively. Sky fish!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dez said:

I love it! I know it almost ventures into the Ork scale of weaponry...but I really like it. I'll take 20 :)

Thanks Dez!  I liked it, but wondered a bit about scale.  Helps to get other opinions.  I'll keep trucking on them! :) 

Also - regarding the fish - the battletome mentions sky-sharks - which seem to refer to Tzeentch screamers.  However, the pic above represents what I think they call the Mega-sharks and one of the sky-ports hunts them quite a bit for food.

3 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Thanks Dez!  I liked it, but wondered a bit about scale.  Helps to get other opinions.  I'll keep trucking on them! :) 

Also - regarding the fish - the battletome mentions sky-sharks - which seem to refer to Tzeentch screamers.  However, the pic above represents what I think they call the Mega-sharks and one of the sky-ports hunts them quite a bit for food.

In the book they speak about 3 creatures that the KO encounter in is aether-gold routes the worst of them are the harkrakens, chimeras and megalofins

9 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

I also remember a reference to Skaviathans or something like that... Gonna have to dig out the reference back when I get home to my book.

Yes in the history of one of the named ships they speak about gargants and skaviathans.

Question - The command trait prospector allows units on or within terrain to ignore battleshock. Does this mean that if one model from the unit is on the terrain and that model survives by the time you take your battleshock, you automatically pass?

8 minutes ago, AlexHarrison said:

Question - The command trait prospector allows units on or within terrain to ignore battleshock. Does this mean that if one model from the unit is on the terrain and that model survives by the time you take your battleshock, you automatically pass?

Within or on so if u have 1 unit in the trait still working.

Archived