1000 point Tourney, Free Bretonnia

Fireymonkeyboy

Thank you for the nice batrep! Nice pics, good read.

2 questions: would you change your list in retrospective or keep it for the next tournament?

Did you take first turn with your fast units or did you prefer reacting to your opponents?

15 minutes ago, Steini said:

2 questions: would you change your list in retrospective or keep it for the next tournament?

Did you take first turn with your fast units or did you prefer reacting to your opponents?

Steini,

Thanks!  I don't think I'd change the list that much.  While I might be willing to swap the grail knights for KotR, I'd give up a unit of archers to do it.  I'd get a little more durability, but lose a few attacks, and more importantly, numbers.  The archers don't tend to kill much, but they do work well as a chaff screen, and play an important role in scenarios where numbers matter.

I generally have the opponent take the first turn, unless there's a clear and pressing reason not to - it sets me up for an early double turn, which seems to matter hugely to this army.  The ability to move for two turns is a huge opportunity to fight on my terms.  Even when I don't double turn, if the opponent advances at all (which most that aren't pure gunlines will), it makes it a lot easier to charge in my first turn, should that be desirable.

FMB

It's a shame you lost your keyword synagery. I thought the FAQ's cleared up the ability to use Free People with Free Peoples. I don't don't play Brets so I haven't taken a closer look, but I have been messed around with old Empire units not synergising with Free People (damn you Markus Wolfhart!). 

The blog looked like a load of fun. 

7 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

I thought the FAQ's cleared up the ability to use Free People with Free Peoples.

The blog looked like a load of fun. 

So did I, but when I went digging through them, I couldn't find anything.  Don't know if I overlooked it, or what.  Thanks re: the blog, been puttering for a while, mostly as a way to stay in touch with people with whom I used to play.

Archived