A 13 year olds conversions

Riddles

They are more original than my own conversions :( 

Good work! This talent so young its the foundation to the Duncan Rhodes of the future!

If I have to critique something... the head in the four legged tyranid-monsters seems a little small... I don't think it fit well with the monster. Maybe a Carnifex head will be better?

1 hour ago, Galas said:

They are more original than my own conversions :( 

Good work! This talent so young its the foundation to the Duncan Rhodes of the future!

If I have to critique something... the head in the four legged tyranid-monsters seems a little small... I don't think it fit well with the monster. Maybe a Carnifex head will be better?

I would if I could but I'm not good enough with green stuff to put the head on, do you know any tips about putting heads on with green stuff?

These are awesome. I've done some kitbashes, and while they look good, they aren't as epic as yours. A tip I have is to test fit parts before you glue them, so you don't glue something in the wrong place. (Of course, you probably already test fit parts, so my advice is useless.)

3 minutes ago, Nin Win said:

That second creature is really scary.  No one wants one of those chasing them through a forest.

Glad to see I achieved in that department ?

30 minutes ago, PhoenixTheCat said:

These are awesome. I've done some kitbashes, and while they look good, they aren't as epic as yours. A tip I have is to test fit parts before you glue them, so you don't glue something in the wrong place. (Of course, you probably already test fit parts, so my advice is useless.)

Thanks I do try and test fit but with limited sprues I often have to try and get uncooperative parts to fit 

1 hour ago, Dez said:

This stuff is lovely, keep it up!

Thank you so much, do you have any tips on greenstuffinggreen stuffing

The Tyranids models are some of the most beautiful that GW has ever done. And they are very good to make beast to AoS! The last one, the winged beast, I think it woul benefit from a more homogenuous use of green stuff, so when you paint it, it will be less noticiable.

For example, the last conversion, the winged tyranid. In his caparace, the lump that GreenStuff makes its noticiable, and when you paint in top of that, it will be noticiable. I was talking about extending the greenstuff to make it not-noticiable. Sorry if I can't explain myself better, I'm not a english native speaker! 

On 4/16/2017 at 10:57 PM, PhoenixTheCat said:

Use a tool for details, even if it just a toothpick. It works better than just your hands alone.

And always wet said tool. I apply, wait a couple of hours to the point its setting and then with *insert random object here* smooth it out. And dipping it in water before touching the green stuff helps immensely. 

• 3 weeks later...

Great work! Conversions are the best part of the hobby, I think. If you're able to make it to Washington, DC on the first weekend of September, join us at the Kidshammer event at the NOVA Open! www.kidshammer.org.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, ProfPlum said:

Great work! Conversions are the best part of the hobby, I think. If you're able to make it to Washington, DC on the first weekend of September, join us at the Kidshammer event at the NOVA Open! www.kidshammer.org.

sadly a sea seperates us >:(do you know of any similar events in the london - st albans area?

Kidshammer is unique to the Washington DC area and the NOVA Open for now, but hopefully more events and clubs will offer similar gaming opportunities. If I learn of any in the U.K., I will let you know!

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, Riddles said:

A bit of lore:

And the shaman watched as the creatures descended, chtitionous plate covouring their beautiful bodies. They spoke to him, in ways he couldn't understand.

I find I skip over people's home-made lore as soon as there's more than a paragraph or two - this is perfect! :)

The conversions are great too as everyone else has said, all the bits used are so familiar to me having collected Tyranids for years but I've only ever put them together as per the instructions. o.O

(I actually really like the small head by the way!)

Archived