Khadaron Overlords Burgundy Purple....thing

ZealousJ

Does anyone have any clue how the studio scheme for our new pirate overlords is achieved?

To my eyes it doesn't seem to match any of the current colour 'sets' . I'd guess it's some combination of xereus purple and screamer pink and washes.

I was curious if the new time or white dwarf had details. It's a really nice effect I'd like to emulate

1 hour ago, Veillotron said:

They do go over the colour scheme in the new White Dwarf. I don't have it with me currently, but from memory it was Screamer Pink shaded with Druchi Violet and highlighted with some purple and slaanesh grey

Thanks for that!

That does make perfect sense. I haven't got druchi violet so i couldn't guess what effect it would have.

Cheers!

I'm not sure it's Screamer pink.  I'd look at Naggaroth Night as a good out of the pot colour to use, recess shaded with nuln oil and then chunky highlighted with thinned Daemonette Hide and edge highlighted with Dechala Lilac.  If I we're mixing something then maybe Xereus Purple mixed 1:1 with black might be a nice base colour.  It is a lovely regal purple colour the studio has achieved, that's for sure!

'Eavy Metal likely used the various mixes and so on, I am just going by what the White Dwarf guide by the Studio Painter says: 

3WTg8s4.jpg

Looks bolder, than the stuff in the promotional artwork. 

I am am using Naggaroth and Xereus myself (forgot to get my extra highlight colour) but I am going to try a Drakenhof Nightshade was to take a bit of the red out of it.

Archived