A new summer project - a plea for help!

Sigmark

Hi folks, not sure where to post this. This part of the forums looked like the mose suitable. My Ironjawz will be finished within a month or so (they better be - I have an event to attend) and i'm looking for a new army project. I have a few ideas in mind but im looking for other, more creative people to lend me some advice. These armies will be used more for narrative games but i'd like them to be matched play legal.

Idea 1 - Gladiatorial army

An army based around gladiator pits based in the realm of beasts. I was thinkin of basing it around sister of slaughter and witch aelf units mixed in with some aelf chariots and some fyreslayer characters for leaders. However, I cant find any order battleline units that fit in with the theme. Any ideas?

Idea 2 - Guerrilla/shadow warband

An idea based in the realm of shadow. A band of warriors that fight from the shadows (obviously) to keep a series of realm gates shut. These gates lead to the realm of light - too much light entering would damage their way of life etc etc. The army is based around Aelf shadow warriors, shades, wardancers etc. Again i'm not sure what I could use for a main battleline unit that fits with the theme. Ideas?

Idea 3 - Pirates!!

Scourge privateers heavy. Easy to get around the battleline restriction if I take the scourge runner allegiance, however they are rather limited to the units they can take. I think I would like to have greater variation and for that will need battleline units outwith the privateers. What fits the bill?

So. Are there any ideas out there that can get around the problems listed above? over to you, more imaginative people... :)

For the Gladiatorial army - Vulkite Berserkers are battleline and if you're going to have Fyreslayer heroes why not have them too? Also the Fyreslayer from Silver Tower might fit the bill hero wise, as would Witch Aelf Hag Queens (you can get their warscroll on the app) -  Lelith Hesperax is a good proxy as is Yvrainne (both from 40K) but they need a little conversion work.

For the Shadow warrior idea - wait till the new Aelf release.

And for pirate apparently the new Duardin have some pirate groups. Would also fit with your mix of Dwarves and Elves from your first idea.

Also technically, battleline is only important for matched play (just saying becuase this is in the narrative play section).

On 4/14/2017 at 9:28 AM, Sigmark said:

Hi folks, not sure where to post this. This part of the forums looked like the mose suitable. My Ironjawz will be finished within a month or so (they better be - I have an event to attend) and i'm looking for a new army project. I have a few ideas in mind but im looking for other, more creative people to lend me some advice. These armies will be used more for narrative games but i'd like them to be matched play legal.

Idea 1 - Gladiatorial army

An army based around gladiator pits based in the realm of beasts. I was thinkin of basing it around sister of slaughter and witch aelf units mixed in with some aelf chariots and some fyreslayer characters for leaders. However, I cant find any order battleline units that fit in with the theme. Any ideas?

Idea 2 - Guerrilla/shadow warband

An idea based in the realm of shadow. A band of warriors that fight from the shadows (obviously) to keep a series of realm gates shut. These gates lead to the realm of light - too much light entering would damage their way of life etc etc. The army is based around Aelf shadow warriors, shades, wardancers etc. Again i'm not sure what I could use for a main battleline unit that fits with the theme. Ideas?

Idea 3 - Pirates!!

Scourge privateers heavy. Easy to get around the battleline restriction if I take the scourge runner allegiance, however they are rather limited to the units they can take. I think I would like to have greater variation and for that will need battleline units outwith the privateers. What fits the bill?

So. Are there any ideas out there that can get around the problems listed above? over to you, more imaginative people... :)

As someone who wants to enjoy playing as well as building... dont Go corsairs ;) [based on personal experience]

What about a Ogre/goblin Pirate army? I find ogres offer a lot of conversion options. And they already got the hero :) 

I'll give your other concepts a thought. 

Archived