Kharadron Overlords stream photos

Rhellion

Interesting. The Ironclad can hold up to 20 (or 25) models. Its not limited to how many units though. So, technically you could put 3 or more Endrinmasters inside, and each would heal it d3 damage per your hero phase. With its already base 18 wounds... holy ******, that thing is going to be a beast

It will all depend on the point cost, both for the endrinmaster and the ironclad. I take it the ironclad is the largest of the ships? It only has a 4+ save.. not bad ofcourse.. but I'd have guessed a 3+ (the 18 wounds make up a lot of course). Wounding it hardly lowers it's effectiveness btw.. 

If the Grundstok Thunderers have the SKYFARERS keyword, I am thinking giving all 5 the Mortars and then using the Khemist's ability to double their shots could be a nasty combo. 10 shots coming from 36" with a potential to do up to 30 Damage total...

Thank you for posting this! 

I have no intention of buying them, but from a gaming perspective it seems like these guys are going to be a lot of fun to play... Cunning strategists are going to have a field day with them, they are going to bring a completely new dimension to the game...

Thank goodness these guys aren't great in close combat. Otherwise those ships would broken.  There isn't a great way  to kill those things before they drop off their payload.  

Otherwise they look like a pretty strong shooting army. Without seeing points or the complete rules, it's tough to say how they compare to other recent armies. It will be interesting to see how they deal with things like Fulminators.

Exciting! So what optional weapon on the Ironclad are people thinking look strongest? The cannon and skyhook are only one chance to get 4+ to hit which makes them literally very hit and miss but excellent damage and rend. The volley gun is weaker but gets 10 attacks and in my opinion looks coolest! 

3 hours ago, Percivael said:

Exciting! So what optional weapon on the Ironclad are people thinking look strongest? The cannon and skyhook are only one chance to get 4+ to hit which makes them literally very hit and miss but excellent damage and rend. The volley gun is weaker but gets 10 attacks and in my opinion looks coolest! 

I think Ironclads are going to want to hang around Damned terrain for the +1 to hit, with all those wounds and the ability to heal there should not be too much downside. It will be interesting to see if there are many in-faction ways to improve their middling accuracy or whether players will be tempted by the oh-so-excellent Hurricanum to go mixed order. Every +1 to hit is that much more valuable when you can gain fairly easy access to re-rolling 1's.

As for the weapons the skyhook is partly about mobility so you only take that if you want to scoot across the table faster. The cannon is very hit or miss without buffs but has an excellent rend. The volley gun looks more reliable but perhaps it is not adding anything unique when the carbines and torpedoes also have rend -1.

16 hours ago, Aezeal said:

I'm probably going to buy 1 ship.. the one commonly viewed as the best for it's points :D Keep me posted on which one I should get :D

The Ironclad looks like an absolute rage machine. 

Archived