Free people vs. Free peoples

Fireymonkeyboy

Hi all,

I've been prepping for an AoS tournament this weekend, and want to know if I've hit a snag.  I had planned on taking a Freeguild General on Griffon to lead my Bretonnian knights, but upon re-reading the war scrolls, may have hit a snag.  The General's command ability affects "Free Peoples" units, while Brets have "Free People" keyword.  I hadn't noticed the absence of the "s" until just now.

Is this a typo, or are these distinct keywords, and hence the FG general can't affect Brets?

FMB

1 hour ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Hi all,

I've been prepping for an AoS tournament this weekend, and want to know if I've hit a snag.  I had planned on taking a Freeguild General on Griffon to lead my Bretonnian knights, but upon re-reading the war scrolls, may have hit a snag.  The General's command ability affects "Free Peoples" units, while Brets have "Free People" keyword.  I hadn't noticed the absence of the "s" until just now.

Is this a typo, or are these distinct keywords, and hence the FG general can't affect Brets?

FMB

I've done this many times and no one has ever had a problem. 

Maybe I just read that it was updated, not a FAQ since everything incl. the command ability says free people in the app. Update sorry not correct, was looking at the wrong griffin (Karl f), though the fact his ability says free people says enough.. is there actually anything with a free peoples keyword? Not even all former empire troops are free peoples,  some are free people too. 

That does seem strange. There are plenty of rules which say "Daemons", which also work on something in the singular "Daemon".

I suppose it's analogous to Goblin going to Grot though, where they have changed this such that battalions requiring Goblins cannot contain Grots. The update to the scrolls kills off their Battalions from the PDFs.

2 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Just heard from the TO, they ruled against it.  So much for my converted Bretonnian on a griffon.  

Complete stupidity this. Karl Franz has the other key word, MOST of the former empire troops even lack the s behind freepeople too. 

2 hours ago, Nico said:

That does seem strange. There are plenty of rules which say "Daemons", which also work on something in the singular "Daemon".

I suppose it's analogous to Goblin going to Grot though, where they have changed this such that battalions requiring Goblins cannot contain Grots. The update to the scrolls kills off their Battalions from the PDFs.

The argument I heard was Ironjaw vs. Ironjaws.  No worries, I ended up taking a fun character list anyways.

Archived