Lets chat: Beastclaw Raiders

Karchev23

BCR changes containment area:

stonehorns of all types down 40pts 

thundertusks of all types down 40pts

thundertusks can now run and shoot

-source: stormcast podcast ep9 

Edit: sorry guys the stormcast episode literally lied about the points it's actually -20 on thundertusk huskard and beastriders. Also by battalions going down they actually meant battalions going up for the most part. Also chances are real good thundertusks don't have their warscroll changed to be able to run and shoot, he probably just had no idea what he was talking about with respect to how our army works.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Less than I was hoping for, but thanks for sharing.

Less? Anything less would be borderline OP. 

4 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

BCR changes containment area:

stonehorns of all types down 40pts 

thundertusks of all types down 40pts

thundertusks can now run and shoot

-source: stormcast podcast ep9 

Yheetees and Frost Sabers seem unchanged

-source: me squinting at a frame by frame with photoshop filters from a guy's video where he gave good looks at other GAs and then flopped past destruction in a big hurry

Any battalion changes?

I don't think the thundertusk run+shoot is correct, to me it sounded like Ben said it by accident or he forgot how thundertusk rule works. I just don't believe they'd be making rule change like that for thundertusks, especially not when they also drop their points. If thundertusks were to receive warscroll change, they'd probably lose the whole "super easy 6 mw on mobile platform" rules anyway.

Yeah Eurlbad and Skal are the potentially playable two, as the others don't really do anything worthwhile / have ludicrous requirements / can't be played in 2k matched. Could possibly fit an Olwyr in, though, which is worth looking into (even if the reqs+costs add up to an entire huskard on thundertusk worth of points).

9 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

I don't think the thundertusk run+shoot is correct, to me it sounded like Ben said it by accident or he forgot how thundertusk rule works. I just don't believe they'd be making rule change like that for thundertusks, especially not when they also drop their points. If thundertusks were to receive warscroll change, they'd probably lose the whole "super easy 6 mw on mobile platform" rules anyway.

I definitely agree with you in suspecting Ben just wasn't familiar enough with our army to talk about it for 30 seconds, though I hope we're both wrong. Run and Shoot on thundertusks would be the first buff of significance I've heard of.

1 hour ago, heywoah_twitch said:

Yeah Eurlbad and Skal are the potentially playable two, as the others don't really do anything worthwhile / have ludicrous requirements / can't be played in 2k matched. Could possibly fit an Olwyr in, though, which is worth looking into (even if the reqs+costs add up to an entire huskard on thundertusk worth of points).

I definitely agree with you in suspecting Ben just wasn't familiar enough with our army to talk about it for 30 seconds, though I hope we're both wrong. Run and Shoot on thundertusks would be broken

Fixed it for you. lol 

Hmm ill be flipping through that app later to see what those battalions require. Havent looked at the Olwyr in a while

16 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

From memory one of them is hilarious (Jorlbad)? 

It takes units that can mostly run and charge and do not have trouble with Battleshock, and lets them run and charge and reroll Battleshock.

haha yes. And torbad requires 4 thundertusks, with 3 that can't be huskards and the ability stops enemies from retreating from them - w-why would you want to?

that book was not written well, which is why I was really hoping for re-done allegiance abilities/traits in GHB18. 

17 minutes ago, heywoah_twitch said:

haha yes. And torbad requires 4 thundertusks, with 3 that can't be huskards and the ability stops enemies from retreating from them - w-why would you want to?

that book was not written well, which is why I was really hoping for re-done allegiance abilities/traits in GHB18. 

At least they all dropped in points...right? lol

Stonehorn Beastriders         -40

Tundertusk beastriders        -20

Frostlord on Stonehorn       -40

Frostlord on Thundertusk   -40

Huskard on Stonehorn        -40

Huskard on Thundertusk     -20

Icefall Yhetees now batteline if general is mounted on Thundertusk, rather than Frostlord on Thundertusk

All Battalions changed in price.

Alfrostun                              -20

Braggoths                            -30

Eurlbad                                +10

Jorlbad                                 +40

Skal                                       +40

Torrbad                                 +10

Olwyr Alfrostun                   -30

Svard Alfrostun                     -30

Some of these battalion points were hard to see, might be a tiny bit off on the change amounts.

Source: https://youtu.be/vjTWv0kYCXs?t=15m47s

1 hour ago, heywoah_twitch said:

Do they redo allegiance traits in GHB to begin with? it doesn't look like it something GW does until a new Battle tome for BCR is release.

22 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

battalions going up for the most part

I guess there are a few factions that need a tome and not a new edition to be relevant again and BCR are one...

... but the increase of 40 pts for skal has me in stitches.

Like someone has thought "it's time to sort the massive skal problem out, no more shall the skal rule BCR lists or tournaments!"

In reality it's because it's a cheap way to get a command point but STILL.

It's funny to me.

18 hours ago, Jagd said:

Stonehorn Beastriders         -40

Tundertusk beastriders        -20

Frostlord on Stonehorn       -40

Frostlord on Thundertusk   -40

Huskard on Stonehorn        -40

Huskard on Thundertusk     -20

Icefall Yhetees now batteline if general is mounted on Thundertusk, rather than Frostlord on Thundertusk

All Battalions changed in price.

Alfrostun                              -20

Braggoths                            -30

Eurlbad                                +10

Jorlbad                                 +40

Skal                                       +40

Torrbad                                 +10

Olwyr Alfrostun                   -30

Svard Alfrostun                     -30

Some of these battalion points were hard to see, might be a tiny bit off on the change amounts.

Source: https://youtu.be/vjTWv0kYCXs?t=15m47s

The Olwyr Alfrostun bare minimum is down something like 140 so thats kinda cool actually 

So if my "Just Play Better" thread is any indication, I'm not the type to skim over something that looks real bad without at least giving it some solid testing (even if it tragically proved to be correct).

**snip**

The rules turned out to be different than I knew about at this point, so edited out.

Everything is changing at this exact moment, and we won't have full disclosure until closer to the 30th of this month. My advice is to wait the 2 weeks and find a youtube tutorial about magnetizing our behemoths - it's not actually that difficult and you'll be thankful you did (unlike me).

Archived