Narrative Gaming in The Age of Sigmar

age-of-sigmar-splash-2.png.dad8ec7e59abb43b8253a9ed85c53b02.png

A topic close to my heart, Narrative gaming has of course always been there, through previous editions it has been lost in the aether but has made a huge come back in Age of Sigmar. Games Workshop have really given us an infinite possibility of playing narrative games, campaigns and events and although the priority lately has been on Matched Play, I can really see the more open side of the game making a return...

Read more...

http://www.hobbyhammer.com/2017/04/narrative-gaming-in-age-of-sigmar.html 

I saved this post for future reference as I'm just getting started.  I plan to pretty much only do Narrative type stuff with AoS.  I've been doing scenarios without points with historical miniatures for years, so I plan on continuing that approach with AoS stuff.  What is new to me though, is this idea of running narrative events or being a "neo."

Your blog post was also the first place I saw info about Coalescence 2017.  It definitely gives me a goal for getting my painting done as well as making a little story pamphlet for my guys.

Narrative is certainly the way I like to go when collecting, building and painting miniatures. They haven't properly gotten to the table yet (only the once with my Skaven, pre-General's handbook)!

Still, I like to think about how different units across different factions would meld together under a common uniting theme or circumstance. I've starting drafting my own Warscroll Battalions to do just that for fun - to address some of the missing thematic forces from yesteryear - as an example, Brayherds with Marks of Chaos, that sort of thing!

This was a really good read. My lgs is mostly narrative players. We're hopefully going to be diving into a map campaign soon. 

I do have a question, how would you suggest keeping track of and sharing your built up fluff for your force? Maybe a blog?

On 16/04/2017 at 5:29 PM, Coganaut said:

This was a really good read. My lgs is mostly narrative players. We're hopefully going to be diving into a map campaign soon. 

I do have a question, how would you suggest keeping track of and sharing your built up fluff for your force? Maybe a blog?

Blogs are great and keep you focused yourself. You could go one step further and join one of the many online campaigns. I have one myself over at theriseofempires.com

but there are few more o. Here too, like @Darth Alec 1k army project

Archived