Verminus ClawPack

Slight

Can someone explain to me how you're all taking the verminus clawpack formation still?

I bring this up because specifically it contains units that have been renamed, specifically (Plague Mortar Weapon Team is now Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team). Accordingly to the last FAQ "if a Battalion/Formation contains unit(s) that are no longer able to be selected the formation is no longer eligible to be taken". This is the same thing that happen with the Warherd Battalion.

So is everyone just running an illegal clawpack or am i missing the bigger picture?

That warscroll isn't available unless you own Spire of Dawn. All the rest appear to be names correctly and available in the Skaven downloads. 

So no, I'd say anyone taking it is doing it legit...even if they aren't taking a reliable one :)

I guess the app does say Poisoned Wind Mortar Team vs Plague Mortar Team available in the full AoS Skaven download on GW's website as well as in the Verminus Clawpack Battalion in the Azyr app. The PWM sucks anyway, so just don't take it. You can take any 3 Weapon Team models from that list.

So i can still run that battalion even though it contains models i can't. So, if i take the other weapon teams the formation is valid?

I thought in general if it did contain models i couldn't take then the formation was invalid?

No it's just the name that invalidates a model for a battalion, and in some cases it's a vital part (like it it's a 1 *insertname* Hero). In the Verminus Clawpack, you have several options for Weapon teams. Good eye on that, though!

Archived