New Khorne battletome! Pure deamon list?

Kimbo

Hi!

Just picked up the new blades of khorne battletome. 

I want to have a 1000p list to expand from to 2000p. I want it to be mainly...If not only daemons. Have someone got an idé of a good start for 1000p with only deamons? 

I got the start collecting box only atm! 

So...

- how would you play 1000p pure deamon? And how would you expand to 2000p? 

- What formation do you like the most, and why?

- i like it to work in a competitive environment! 

Blood & skulls for everyone!

Murderhost. Cheap and cheerful force that you can get alot from. Im currently using it to supplement my horde and give it some versatility by having some 'in your face' Skull Cannons. However closing the gap for CC is important too.

If you take a full host you get to gain the bonus move every hero phase.

After buffing this out I suggest taking a Bloodthirster and if you can fit them Bloodsecrators and Bloodstokers (for extra attacks and charge distance).

To give you an idea 30 Bloodletters hit on 3+ mortal wound on 5+. 1 attack (+1 for each Bloodsecrator that plants) if you give them +1 to hit, they hit on 2+, mortal wound on 4+ (and if you keep one of the special banners in range) reroll 1s to hit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ive wrote a list. But not tried it out properly yet.

Used Sayl to drop a Bloodletter bomb (30 Bloodletters) very close to a unit then planting a flag meant they got a ton of attacks off.

As for lists the Murderhost, gives you the option for Bloodletters, Flesh Hounds or Skull Cannons. (Id personally go for big units of Bloodletters so you keep your +1 to hit til you get to combat.)

I went for Skull Cannons as the majority of my list is Mortal Khorne, and it provides ranged sniping to an army that has no real ranged units.

Youve got 3-8 units to pick so if your building to 1k:
Bloodmaster
30 Bloodletters
30 Bloodletters
Skull Cannon
Murderhost

Thats about 880 so you can find another 120pts to throw in.

I play pure daemons pretty exclusively, and yes I have blood bound but they arn't painted yet one day they will be, as it is I dont like to mix subfactions

blades of khorne brings some new ways to play daemons, I always used the daemon cohort, for the +1 to wound on the charge for my rage thirster :D, lately combined with a warpflame host 

but with blades? do you want to play usual buff hammer? pick a pair of battalions 1 with the thirster 1 without and you should have a decent list,

Murderhost + skullseekers I think if you love skull cannons, murder host is a great starting point for much of everything

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
Skullseeker Host (40)
Murderhost (20)

Total: 1980/2000

the one I plan to try this weekend is the 'Bloodlords' is many many small units with a whole lot of striking in the hero phase... and much much blood tithe...

6 x Bloodcrushers (320)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
10 x Bloodletters (100)
10 x Bloodletters (100)
10 x Bloodletters (100)
10 x Bloodletters (100)
10 x Bloodletters (100)
10 x Bloodletters (100)
10 x Bloodletters (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
The Bloodlords (60)
Murderhost (20)
Murderhost (20)
Murderhost (20)
Murderhost (20)

Total: 2000/2000

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
20 x Bloodletters (200)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
1 x Skull Cannons (180)
Skullseeker Host (40)
Murderhost (20

This one? ?

Those Daemon Lists look very solid, I'd just go with it. I'm eager to experiment with the new Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster due to the Command Traits and Daemonic gifts, it makes me feel like he could very well be a cheaper Skarbrand, slightly worse but not to the point where their end results do not compair, plus the general BT's remain faster which is a huge advantage.

Overall speaking I think in terms of Battalions Blades of Khorne does the most for mono Daemon actually, logical also because there was allready a lot of synergy found in Bloodbound and they recieved some significant general upgrades aswell. I certainly approve of Backslide's lists. 

• 3 weeks later...

Problem Ive found with the cannons is that they are one shot.

They put out good damage but there is so much that can hamper them. So being able to fire a possible 3 times (hero phase, shooting and combat) is a god send.

while it's true that daemon and bloodbound is kinda separate, bloodsecrator and bloodstoker really helps both of them. slaughterpriest is also worthy to bring as it can give prayer buff now, more bonus to hit is the best for bloodletters.

I personally have found that I like the blend the most, but this is due to visual reasons and hobby asthetics. As I know I like painting several different models over painting a lot of the same models over and over again.

However I think that if someone wants to go mono-Daemon, there isn't anything I would say to stop someone from playing that. There are several Battalions who help out mono-Daemon but you certainly do mis out on some of the excellent support we have especially found in Bloodsecrators and Bloodstokers. To some extend also Slaughterpriests if you count Gore Pilgrims (though that leads to a mixed army regardless).

What at least helps is Battalions, The Crimson Crown and Mark of the Destroyer, if you have those two for larger footprints the quality of Daemon attacks drastically improves while you do miss out on the quantity the Bloodsecrator provides.

Archived