Questions on "Beasts of the Grave" faction from GA:Death

ObiJon02

Hey all-

I'm building some online tools for AoS in a similar spirit to TonyP's amazing Warscroll Builder (scrollbuilder.com). I noticed that WSB doesn't support the GA:Death "Beasts of the Grave" versions of the Terrorgheist and Zombie Dragon - only the FEC versions of both.  Azyr, the army builder included with GW's AoS app, seems to support both and provides point values for both versions (320pts for both models under both FEC and BotG factions).  Oddly, the GHB doesn't include any points for the 'Beasts of the Grave' faction and the GHB 'Pitched Battle Profiles' errata/update didn't either (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-EU/Rules-Errata).  Neither of these BotG warscrolls are mentioned specifically in any of the FAQs.

Two main things I'd love to get your thoughts on:

- From a Rules perspective: what I gathered reading through some older posts here was still some split opinions on whether the BotG version was supported/valid for Matched Play (last thread around Dec 2016).  No question, GW could be clearer by including their BotG points in an updated 'Pitched Battle Profiles' errata or directly FAQ'ing these two models. However, the question of whether they are valid for Matched Play seems more definitively settled now as Azyr includes both versions and points them both.  Is that the general consensus? Is Azyr is now *the* definitive resource in these sorts of questions?  

- Practical reality: Do folks generally come across the GA:Death / 'Beasts of the Grave' version of these models 'in the wild?' Do you use them in your lists? Has this somewhat confusing difference been a source of contention in any games you or your friends have played?

All this to ask, what is worth supporting on my end as a tools developer! ;)

Thanks for your time and help!

The Azyr is too unreliable to consider it stable, moreover you have to pay to consult it and sincerely it's not a thing I like.

Anyway based on the FAQ GW itself posted I consider the BotG perfectly avalaible to be used.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Archived