Green Stuff Qs

Rob P

Can anyone link any tutorials on how to use the various tools to sculpt from green stuff?

Can anyone link basic tutorials or explain how to make basic things like capes / skulls? And how to fill / tidy?

Finally, if making stuff from green stuff (like skulls) do you use superglue to stick it on or do you need to use more green stuff as your glue? Or something else?

On 4/7/2017 at 10:59 PM, Rob P said:

Can anyone link any tutorials on how to use the various tools to sculpt from green stuff?

Can anyone link basic tutorials or explain how to make basic things like capes / skulls? And how to fill / tidy?

Finally, if making stuff from green stuff (like skulls) do you use superglue to stick it on or do you need to use more green stuff as your glue? Or something else?

Often when I make smaller parts of GS, like a skull, I sculpt it on a metal rod piece. This way I can hold on to it and the pin is neat to attach it to whatever it goes onto. Just drill/punch a small hole, apply a bit of glue and jam it into the hole : )

I found that smaller pieces can be hard to sculpt when the GS is too soft so I use the above metal rod/pin and attach a small GS ball smaller than what I want but somehow in the right shape and let it harden overnight (I hobby in the evening, so this work for me) and then the next time Im at it, apply a thin sculpting layer on top. This way the overall GW will stick and stay on the pin while you work on the details. It is not ideal if you want it right now and right here, but planing ahead is sometimes neat : )

Also for the pins I use some old blue foam or foam board (depending of what you have locally available) to stick the metal pins into while the GS harden. This way you can easily work on multiple items at the same time... Moar skullz ; )

Thanks for the tips. I've been little less lazy than when I first posted and i've done a little bit of research too.

I'm not a great deal wiser yet, but all helps!

Importantly, i've ordered some green stuff.

My first trial will be tidying up the Magewrath Throne.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:59 PM, Rob P said:

I too would love some insight into this. I have set of sculpting tools but they're not exactly intuitive and I don't understand the purpose of half of them.

Another green stuff question: can someone confirm if we can use green stuff over a painted area?

I would like to make some addition to models that I have already primed - do I need to remove the paint, or can I just add the green stuff to the models as they are?

Archived