White Walker Paint Scheme HELP REQUIRED!!

I am planning a pure Beastclaw raiders force, or Beastclaw with Ogre Bulls and a butcher in. Either, it will be slightly more fluffy than an optimal mixed destruction list!

I have found a cool paint scheme for the icey bases, namely a gulliman blue glaze over a white basecoat, then drybrushed white. I am also relatively settled on painting the stonehorns/mournfang cavalry a light grey, drybrushed up to white. However, I want to paint the ogre's frozen ice blue also, to look similar to the white walkers from game of thrones, however my test model turned out awful.

I tried spraying white, glazing gulliman blue, with a little coleia greenshade, then drybrushed white.

Am I better off painting really light blue? Or painting light grey with a blue wash perhaps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I tried something exactly like this on my zombies, and honestly blue skin just doesn't look like. Nothing goes that blue when it dies.

What you could try is a really, really pale flesh tone scheme, then do a light wash or two of Drakenhof. It'll give the blue tone in the shadows which along with the pale skin should work out better.

Archived