Events UK: Rise of Empires: Border Wars, Narrative Event Weekend 16th-18th Feb 2018

HobbyHammer

On 04/04/2017 at 9:01 AM, HobbyHammer said:

1. Alexander Nygård - @Darth Alec 
2 . Tom Hewitt - @Tom Hewitt 
3. Steve Foote - @Devilreefman 
4. Ben Foote  
5. John Southgate 
6. Ollie Grimwood - @Ollie Grimwood 
7. Paul Buckler - @Paul Buckler 
8. Richard Buckler 
9. Matt Lyons - @Cowboy Boots Matt 
10. James Chalmers - @TalesOfSigmar 
11. David Busse - @DaveBusse 
12. Richard Taylor - @Rich 
13. Greg Dann - @childoffang 
14. Christian Hacon - @Bishmeister 
15. Kristian Wedlake - @General Snekt 
16. James Grant - @jimbobbyG 
17. Matthew Sherett - @AnotherMatt 
18. Adam James 
19. Chris Tomlin - @Chris Tomlin 
20. Dan Barwick - @The Barwick 
21. Dan Mitchell - @Dangermouse425 
22. Mark Mitzman - @Mitzy 
23. James Warth(og) 
24. Ben Price - @bennyp 
25. Matt Ransley 
26. Luke Grant - @ChefsDad 

If you guys know what army you'll be playing already, would love to know, going to start setting out territories for your stronghold on the map (coming very soon). If you wanna keep it a secret, DM me instead. 

34 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Will it be ok if the Battalion won't have a Hero?

Having Leaders/Battleline is a matched play Requirement so won't be relevant here. Having a Gore-fist as your stronghold would be legit!! ;) 

Remember that any model in your army can be your General in any AoS game (apart from the ones where TOs inexplicably ban it!!).

Which Battalion are you going for? Weirdfist? Or are there a bunch of unpointed ones in the campaign books I don't know about?

Ironjawz are my initial thought for sure (shocker), but I've always fancied using Braggoth's Beast Hammer...

• Like 2

Having Leaders/Battleline is a matched play Requirement so won't be relevant here. Having a Gore-fist as your stronghold would be legit!! [emoji6] 

Remember that any model in your army can be your General in any AoS game (apart from the ones where TOs inexplicably ban it!!).

Which Battalion are you going for? Weirdfist? Or are there a bunch of unpointed ones in the campaign books I don't know about?

Ironjawz are my initial thought for sure (shocker), but I've always fancied using Braggoth's Beast Hammer...

I was thinking the Weirdfist I'd overlooked it initially, however it fits rather well. I normally represent my General Olrog as a Wurrgog Prophet but the Weirdnob will do. I also rather like the image of him stood on top of a fortress drawing on the Waaagh energy of his Boyz to super power his spells.

It feels like Ironjawz have been a little short changed on the Battalion front the only non pointed one in the campaign books is Gordrakk's Megafist which isn't really appropriate for the event. The one from the battle force with the Giant might be a goer but I've not seen it

The Beast Hammer would be cool and I reckon fairly easy for you what with the new Start collecting box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I was thinking the Weirdfist I'd overlooked it initially, however it fits rather well. I normally represent my General Olrog as a Wurrgog Prophet but the Weirdnob will do. I also rather like the image of him stood on top of a fortress drawing on the Waaagh energy of his Boyz to super power his spells.

It feels like Ironjawz have been a little short changed on the Battalion front the only non pointed one in the campaign books is Gordrakk's Megafist which isn't really appropriate for the event. The one from the battle force with the Giant might be a goer but I've not seen it

The Beast Hammer would be cool and I reckon fairly easy for you what with the new Start collecting box.

Sounds really cool, some good imagery there for sure. Agreed re the Battalion front, not only do we not have many cool non pointed ones, we have very few that contain characters.

The Thunderfist (or whatever it was called) is a fantastic shout though!!

I own a Stonehorn and 4 Mournfang already, so definitely could be a goer. Hmmmm

48 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Not sure yet, either that or the standard Pilgrimage of Wrath.

Depends how @HobbyHammer rules battalions that allow new units coming back after they're destroyed....

Another cool idea here! Once again, it's only Matched Play that restricts Battalions like this with reinforcement points (obviously the NEOs could decide to use them here in some way).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2017-08-01-PHOTO-00000120.jpg.53b826a15427d29192698d4140753687.jpg

Here is the finished map for Rise of Empires! The is what you will be fighting over. This is a small version, so can't zoom very far. We will be printing this on a full 6ft x 4ft gaming mat, each of you will have to make a few markers to move around the board as the event goes on. More will be explained soon, but for now.. Big thanks to @Tom Hewitt for creating this masterpiece. The Realm of Life just got a little more background. 

59882dc0182d3_ScreenShot2017-08-07at10_06_18.png.935c0ee53963ca7d72895fe4bceb2600.png59882dca47d91_ScreenShot2017-08-07at10_06_34.png.b40dc25b1ced30def7e0896936807d0b.png

• Like 5