Events UK: Rise of Empires: Border Wars, Narrative Event Weekend 16th-18th Feb 2018

HobbyHammer

Ok....sooooo....I'm a moron.

Turns out this event clashes with my big South Africa trip next year. Whoops! :S 

Needless to say, I'm unfortunately out. @HobbyHammer - please can you refund my payment. Sorry mate!! :( 

Hope to see someone else rocking Braggoth's Beasthammer in my absence!

Good luck with the event, will be a fantastic time I reckon.

1 minute ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Ok....sooooo....I'm a moron.

Turns out this event clashes with my big South Africa trip next year. Whoops! :S 

Needless to say, I'm unfortunately out. @HobbyHammer - please can you refund my payment. Sorry mate!! :( 

Hope to see someone else rocking Braggoth's Beasthammer in my absence!

Good luck with the event, will be a fantastic time I reckon.

:(

Was looking forward to seeing Braggoth's Beasthammer

Edited by TalesOfSigmar

6 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

@Chris Tomlin - That sucks. Will refund you today dude, no problem.

Is there anyone else from down your way that wants to fill your spot? 

Gonna miss your face at the event for sure though. 

Thanks man.

Yeh it's a big shame. Was really looking forward to this. Will be sure to keep an eye out for any future events you run.

Looking at the entrants list you have most of our more narrative minded players on there. Not sure if @Drakira is wanting to step up from the reserves? @DeadlySarcasm might be worth asking as well. With @Tom Hewitt in attendance there's a chance that @Andy Talbot or @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) could be convinced I guess?

• Like 1

Ok guys, now is the time to begin planning your campaign. If you have a preference of where you would like to set up your stronghold on the map, please let me know below. If you would like to see the large 200MB version of the map, you can by following the link below. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jitusjdimlmc0c/Colarcanium-Final.jpg?dl=0

So choose your region! 

2017-08-01-PHOTO-00000120.jpg.08b5cf026fa04bd72a57e384cf85ba8a.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HobbyHammer said:

IMG_3602.JPG.091031fddda9dc834b760ed7bff3b1e6.JPG

so this is the mechanics we will be using for the event! Playtested it back in April and it is so good! Looking forward to adapting it slightly for Rise of Empires! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/17/the-season-of-war-continues-in-firestorm-aug17gw-homepage-post-2/

Awesome! That's exciting to hear!

The Duke and his noble court of kinfolk would like to begin in the fair boulevards of their ancestral home: north-east Colarcanium (which the savage barbarians blighting the region appear to have nick-named 'the garden of the undying king').

• Like 1

I've been very excited since learning that RoE18 is going to be siege based. The my room and leave are booked.

My plans are as follows (although as with all things these may go astray). I'll be bringing Olrog Iron Ead The Prophet of the Waaagh the greatest Orruk Boss to walk the Realms (way harder than Krunk who is too scared to turn up [emoji6]). Because I'll be using most of the models I've painted for RAW I'm going to have time to try something a bit more adventurous.

First I'm going for a unit of converted Ard Boys to fit with the Ironjaw/Bonesplitter mix theme of my army.

Next I'm going to try and build Olrog's War machine, which is something I've been banging on about in the Rise Of Empires online campaign. Here's is a very early WIP shot

d91f01b87b24eaa517d108e4d1606bd2.jpg

Part of the further narrative is Olrog's increasing ability to control the Wurrgog power of his Boys, hopefully this War machine will illustrate this.

Finally and most ambitiously for me I'm going to try for a useable display board that will be appropriate to the overall theme of the campaign and my army. This will be a first for me but I'd really like to give it a go. I have made a scenic table before but nothing on the themed (and more artistic) nature of a display board.

Now that I've posted this it'll give be a more incentive to get it finished and not just look like a big talker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Steve Wren - your added to the list, thank you for payment dude! @Stevewren

Secondly, an update to the event pack is coming soon, which will show you a first look at the battleplans you will be playing, these are definitely subject to change but will give you an idea of just how the campaign works. Below is a couple of pages, the first tells you what you need to bring and the second details just how Summoning will work at the event. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 10.28.58.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 10.29.11.png

• Like 1

The Event Pack 1.2.pdf - The Pack is up! This is the Event Pack and the first look at the battle plans (not all of them). They are subject to change but will give you an idea of just how the campaign will work. You are not expected to remember any of them as all are easy enough to rock up and play on the day. If would like to play them now though and give feedback on them, this will be very much appreciated. 

• Like 1