Dynamic Painting Log

• 1 month later...

I didn't lose my job!

I have lost a bit of paint from some models though, I really need to get used to not holding the models themselves, but perhaps doing the thing where you drill into their feet, and perhaps but some varnish over them? I am very wary of that though in case it goes horribly wrong.

• Like 1

On 5-7-2017 at 11:23 PM, DynamicCalories said:

I didn't lose my job!

I have lost a bit of paint from some models though, I really need to get used to not holding the models themselves, but perhaps doing the thing where you drill into their feet, and perhaps but some varnish over them? I am very wary of that though in case it goes horribly wrong.

I started using some of that pity used for photo albums. Works like a charm. Only disadvantage it occasionally gets in between the toes and stuff. But it's easy enough to remove. IMG_9555.JPG.351e03edea2cf90338d25df51661f3a3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't AoS... but it is Nurgle, and this is a Nurgle plog... ha. Picked up some of the new Death Guard stuff - 3 snapfit Plague Marines from GW and a Blightbringer sprue from a facebook group (also a poxcaster but he ain't pictured. Think it's fun to use them to mark progress from my earliest stuff.

First model painted this January, when I came back to the hobby after 10 years:

o7nW6IM.jpg

XV1U1rS.jpg

7 Months of sporadic painting later:

MFuHVDA.jpg

x2tGO6m.jpg

(particularly pleased with this lad's face)

w4BUk0T.jpg

Not a *huge* leap, but I think the improvements are showing. Need to be more adventurous with my techniques perhaps. GW shot me a message on instagram to say they would be featuring my Plague Marines on their site, which is very nice of them, and makes me feel like I've made progress.

Edited by DynamicCalories
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned in the WIP thread it's been a long time since I touched AoS. 

After a long slog of 40k stuff I have decided I might do a Skirmish Warband to mix things up, and I had an idea. Here is my finished Knight Heraldor, which I basically speed painted to test an idea - it took around 4 hours I reckon, which makes me keen to keep up the pace and finish the rest, though I have no idea how to get hold of just ONE Pallador without buying a whole box.

f04NWZ7.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...