Help with competitive Seraphon 2000 points

Amradiel

Greetings. The group I am playing with is really competitive. I play Sylvaneth myself but with them beeing one of the most popular armies (here) I am starting to look at some other army to play competitive with. I was looking at the Kharadron Overlords but I don't really think that their playstyle will suit me with all that shooting. So I turned to the army with models that was my first love. The Seraphon, and as I understand it they are an allround army. If I want to play competitive but not cheese (like loose your friends cheese). What should I bring to the table? Thank you for looing :)

First things first: (1) my playgroup isn't super competitive, (2) I'm still very inexperienced with Seraphon, as I typically play Stormcast (but want to transition to predominantly Seraphon), and (3) I'm doing this all from memory without referencing the Seraphon book because I don't want to walk down to the basement.

For my money, I think using the Scar-Veteran on Cold One with a bunch of Saurus Knights is a great starting point. The Scar-Vet synergizes not only with the Knights but also with other nearby Saurus units, which is pretty nice. You can also expand, if I'm not mistaken, to the Firelance Starhost battalion to get additional attack bonuses on the charge. 

Additionally, the Skink Priest's prayer is really strong, particularly for the one with Priestly Trappings. And a Bastiladon with an Ark of Sotek can be devastating if your opponent clumps units in combat. 

I play khorne but my son has just over 1000 points of seraphon and they are a blast to play as they get to do things in all phases and have some fun abilities. The lack of mortal wounds is an issue but you can do some tricks people won't expect

The hero in cold one is great and easily kit bashed from the pieces in the Saurus knight box. There is a nice battalion with him and 3 units of knights which is easy to get to and I like knights

Skinks are a total pain with their wary fighter and to hit bonuses with large units, there is another good battalion with them a priest and ripper dactyls.

a bastiladon is beast, we have ours with the big crystal cannon thing and it provides nice heavy fire support especially against Daemons and supported with mystic shield. 

The scar vet on carnosaur is a monster but expensive, he has range and a nice buff too if I recall.

We are aimed my to get to 2k with spares but need to plan properly

Archived