Timing of multiple ignore wound abilities

gmulroney

Question

So if a single model has multiple abilities that allow it to ignore wounds what order do they happen in? For example Nagash would have Deathless Minions for his 6+ to ignore wounds and he has Morikhane which gives him a 4+ ignore mortal wounds and a 6 causes a mortal wound back. As the player controlling Nagash i would want to do my Morikhane roll first to have more chances of doing mortal wounds, while as the opposing player I would want Nagash to do the Deathless Minion roll first to do the opposite. 

In most 40k tournaments I have attended in the past, when it comes to what order things happen in, which ever player's turn it is, that player gets to decided. I was just wondering if there is any official rhetoric on this subject and if someone could point me to where it is if it exists.

5 answers to this question

Actually now that I look up the rule, I think the opposite is true.

"If you can use several abilities at the same time, you can decide in which order they are used. If both players can carry out abilities at the same at the same time, the player whose turn is taking place uses their abilities first"

So since both of the ignore wound abilities are owned by Nagash, or in other words, Nagash's player, then that player would decide the order. The only thing the current player decides is if their units have abilities that go at the same time as an opponent's abilities, then their set of abilities are all used first in whatever order the current player wants, then their opponent uses all their abilities in whatever order the opponent wants.

At least that's what I'm reading

It's interesting that the person whose turn it is uses their abilities first.

A good example is a Quicksilver Potion versus a Nasty Skulker or Assassin - both trigger at the start of the combat phase. The person whose turn it is gets to go first (pile in and attack or deploy, pile in and attack respectively). 

Archived