Adepticon Results?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2017 at 7:36 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

Weird, Olivier's sport's score took a massive jump up from what was posted initially, which means he bumped me out of the top 10 and maybe should have earned Best Chaos General.  I heard some real frustrating things about him fast playing stuff, picking up dice before opponents could see them, moving stuff through other stuff that couldn't be moved and the like.  It was my understanding that he had earned that score.  His place doesn't make sense for his total :-/

I have mentioned his high sports score to Alex already and he's looking into it. He got a 1 from me due to dice behavior.

I was pure Ironjawz and got 21st overall and had 4 very amazing games.  I also got a win against a Sylvaneth player that was on top of his game.  So very happy about all of that. 
Mawkrusha
Megaboss Krunk Thumpa
Weirdnob
Warchanter
15 brutes with general Champ with Bellowing Tyrant
10 Ardboyz
2 x 3 Gore Gruntas
Ironfist Battallion 

I also manged to win the TT with my buddy Rhellion on Friday and we played our game 1 on Warhammer Live!  Highlights of the weekend for me personally. 
Stonehorn
Thundertusk
2 x 20 Gitmob Grots

15 brutes with General Champ
2 x 20 Moonclan Grots
3 Fanatics

We played using only 60 Grots (short deployed units) because that's all Rhellion had painted.  And we only played with 2 fantatics.  Cuz we're morons.  We got max score in every category though. 

58dc2d5930337_ThunderBuddies.jpg.647188f74dbe7da97f8b9ccff0a05df1.jpg

1 hour ago, roberto said:

Great display board!

Is the lava effect achieved by paint only?

Thanks!

Primarly paint only.  I did use hot glue to create some texture but all the lava is paint.  Here's a good pic of my army without the Beastclaw. 

Ironjaws.jpg.8ab69199b3bbcb9596f32b7fe0f5cc55.jpg

2 hours ago, domus said:

I have mentioned his high sports score to Alex already and he's looking into it. He got a 1 from me due to dice behavior.

He had similar behavior with MC1Gamer and, when Alex was over, straight lied to Alex in front of Mitch regarding the things he had just done.  Super not cool.  

On 3/27/2017 at 3:05 PM, swarmofseals said:

I have to admit, as much as I tell myself not to put much weight on single tournament results I'm really bummed at how poorly non-TK death did, especially given that the rumored death-aelves (who may not even be death aligned) didn't make an appearance. 

There were two non-TK death armies in the top 10

My first major event ever playing Destruction of any kind (never played any in 8th edition either).

1st Overall in the Team Tournament (with @domus)

4th Overall in the Championship and won Best Destruction

I don't think I'll top that... Who wants to buy my army?! xD

adepticon trophies.jpg

6 hours ago, Auticus said:

Yes but this will add weight to its awesomeness and the spam will flow much smoother and thicker.

I think everyone's heard of its awesomeness already. We all know that Morker factions are very OP when banding together. That's because they aren't brutally kunnin! filthy little buggers.

2 hours ago, Rhellion said:

I don't know if there are any plans to post 100+ lists online.

Was mainly just looking for top 15 or so.  Mostly just want to see some Stormcast lists that did well, and what that Phoenix list was. 

1 hour ago, Votters said:

Was mainly just looking for top 15 or so.  Mostly just want to see some Stormcast lists that did well, and what that Phoenix list was. 

Phoenix list was 4 Frost Birds with riders, BIg Block of PG and 2 10 man blocks.  2 Heroes on foot. 

Had no idea what I was getting into with that list and it stomped me.

5 minutes ago, domus said:

Phoenix list was 4 Frost Birds with riders, BIg Block of PG and 2 10 man blocks.  2 Heroes on foot. 

Had no idea what I was getting into with that list and it stomped me.

Yep, this was the list.  

I played it in Round 3 and we didn't know what to do with each other so we just hit the nearest thing.  It was fun.

1 hour ago, Votters said:

The Stormcast list I played round 5 on table 3 was very basic, a little of this a little of that. No power list, no formations. I told the guy he had been playing VERY well to get to the top of the tournament with that list (then stomped him pretty bad, but hey he still played well).

24 minutes ago, Rhellion said:

The Stormcast list I played round 5 on table 3 was very basic, a little of this a little of that. No power list, no formations. I told the guy he had been playing VERY well to get to the top of the tournament with that list (then stomped him pretty bad, but hey he still played well).

He at least had Stormcast!  I made it to table 2 on round 5 with over 80% of my models composed of Chaos Warriors and Marauders :D #hardmode

Any idea what the Death lists were made of?

It's my understanding that 2nd place Death player was playing a copy of the Masters TK list.

On Heelan Hammer podcast they said his display board had something like "Masters List by  ̶R̶u̶s̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶a̶l̶ Shaun Clarke" so it's a fun cheeky nod to netlisting. Play the TK powerhouse while you can!

What about 6th place David Griffon or 8th place Mitch Cowan?

Archived