Adepticon Results?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Lord Cedric said:

That would be correct.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Then they should look to clarify better next year.  

Rule: "New rules and units that are released by February 23rd, 2017 will be allowed in this event. Any new rules or units released after this date WILL NOT be allowed in this event."

By claiming that new rules AND units must be released by a certain date it implies that they wouldn't allow Raptors to be played at this event.  Additionally what counts as rules being released?  None of those rules were officially released, just leaked.  Again, not Ben's fault, just highlighting the importance of clarity at such a large event. 

Nobody mentioned so far the Crystal Brush results (the Nagash/Death piece which came in 2nd place is superb).

I was thinking of posting some photos in the painting section, but thought it best to ask if it is OK to make sure I would not do another internet faux-pas?

3 hours ago, Lord Aquillor said:

Then they should look to clarify better next year.  

Rule: "New rules and units that are released by February 23rd, 2017 will be allowed in this event. Any new rules or units released after this date WILL NOT be allowed in this event."

By claiming that new rules AND units must be released by a certain date it implies that they wouldn't allow Raptors to be played at this event.  Additionally what counts as rules being released?  None of those rules were officially released, just leaked.  Again, not Ben's fault, just highlighting the importance of clarity at such a large event. 

Wasn't the release date of the Battletome February 18? That's five days before the deadline... Not a lot of lead time, but still kosher.

10 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Results will be posted on Tuesday or so on the Adepticon page is what I was told.

Here is the top sheet for the 2-day AOS GT:C74B-FjVAAAnQCR.jpg-large.jpeg.9222f1257d789fc85a2fc0c0b2aa6c9a.jpeg

I don't have all the exact lists.  I know what Kaleb Walters, who won best overall, was running since I lost to him on Table 2 in Round 5.  Kaleb had an 18 sky fire/LOC/Kairos/TzShaman/Gaunt Summoner/30 Marauder list.  He said he had tabled his other 4 opponents with an hour or more to spare.  Shaun Clarke (#2) was running a 12 snake TK list (I think the same one used to win the UK masters). Rhellion (Brad) was running a mixed-Destruction Beastclaw list, David Griffon and Mitch Cowan both had mixed Undead lists, and Dan Heelan had his Sylvaneth.  The individual that narrowly beat me for Best Chaos general had a mixed Khorne list I believe.  Not sure on the handful of others in the top 10.  I premiered my Nurgle Mortal Plaguetouched list to the great confusion of many who saw me on Table 2 in round 5.  Hopefully all the lists will go up in the next couple days.     

Cale Thompson-12th 

Allegiance: Slaanesh Chaos

IMG_0086.PNG

4 hours ago, Requizen said:

I played against Jes in the Vanguard PM event. Nice chap, brought an absolutely filthy 6 Skyfire Disciples of Tzeentch list. But an absolute blast to play against and had a good chat about hobby stuff. 

Six is filthy?  Kaleb, who won, brought 18.  Six is manageable.

1 hour ago, Thain said:

Wasn't the release date of the Battletome February 18? That's five days before the deadline... Not a lot of lead time, but still kosher.

Yes, they were released in the battle tome the week before.  

2 minutes ago, Southern trolls said:

Cale Thompson-12th 

Allegiance: Slaanesh Chaos

Thanks for the list Cale!  I was super stoked to see all 4 Chaos Gods represented in 4 of the top 12 armies.  

Good times :-)

1 minute ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Six is filthy?  Kaleb, who won, brought 18.  Six is manageable.

Yes, they were released in the battle tome the weapon before.  

Thanks for the list Cale!  I was super stoked to see all 4 Chaos Gods represented in 4 of the top 12 armies.  

Good times :-)

The Gods should be proud! That was one hell of a great tournament! Hope to see you soon @Nashconn soon! 

Perhaps worth noting that the six skyfire list was for a 1k tournament whereas the 18 were for the 2k event. It's still relatively more skyfires/points, of course.

Yeah, 6 in 1000 is a lot, especially for low model count armies like my Stormcast. Luckily I was able to get my Hammerstrike up and blast some off with Maces but still took some punishment by his shooting after.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Thain said:

Then why is Lord Aquillor so bitter? 

It's really not helpful to call someone bitter, and not address them directly. It's the sort of language that belongs in in the Dakka cesspit. 

It was a little unclear regarding the rules. The Battletome was released within the date, but the models were not as I understand it. So you could view the restrictions as 'Rules and models'. Now it makes sense for rules, not for models, but that's another discussion.

4 hours ago, Ulfast said:

I heard that no one was playing fyreslayers at adeptecon. Does anyone know if this is true?

Kenny Lull of Combatphase Podcast was playing his Slayers as he always does.  I think he is up to 115 games of pure Fyreslayers.  I didn't see anyone else with Fyreslayers on the table.

2 hours ago, Thebiggesthat said:

It's really not helpful to call someone bitter, and not address them directly. It's the sort of language that belongs in in the Dakka cesspit. 

It was a little unclear regarding the rules. The Battletome was released within the date, but the models were not as I understand it. So you could view the restrictions as 'Rules and models'. Now it makes sense for rules, not for models, but that's another discussion.

Calling other sites cesspit isn't nice either (or what I'm I doing now for that matter). But yes, too wordy, just rules would have sufficed.

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Calling other sites cesspit isn't nice either (or what I'm I doing now for that matter). But yes, too wordy, just rules would have sufficed.

I would disagree, as it's a person rather than a online forum. But this is off topic so I'll bow out.

1 hour ago, wayniac said:

Those lists seem absolutely disgusting, even for a tournament.  So unlike LVO I think it was where all the winning lists were strong, but not pure BS.

A competitive tournament with ITC points, prizes, and general glory on the line will always attract lists that are hard edge built to win. LVO was more of an outlier than the norm in that regard.

And honestly, from the floor, there were plenty of softer lists at the event, and some of the high placing lists weren't even that brutal. I was expecting a lot more Tomb Kings, Mixed Destruction, Kurnoth Hunter spam, etc, but that wasn't really the case.

Unlike the 40k floor which was like 80% Magnus, Battle Company, Eldar/Ynnari... 

15 hours ago, Thain said:

That battletome yes, the models no.  Either way it just comes down to clarity.  And the fact that 5 days is a bit close. 

13 hours ago, Thain said:

Then why is Lord Aquillor so bitter? 

I am only slightly bitter.  I just got into the game recently and live within a few hours drive of Adepticon.  I was debating on going but ultimately didn't pull the trigger because I was under the impression that the Raptors wouldn't be legal due to their release date being after the Feb 23rd deadline.  That is all I had painted up to go in time so I decided to not go.  Then I saw them on the livestream and was a bit annoyed to be honest.  To be fair maybe I misunderstood and could have emailed.  But from their wording it appeared that "rules AND units" not released by the 23rd were not allowed.  If the rules being released on the 18th but the models not coming out for another couple weeks makes them legal this is something else entirely and should be clearly reflected in future rules packs.  Again, not upset, my fault lies in not emailing them.  Just looking to provide feedback to the TO for future clarity that may prevent someone from attending or not.

What do you all think?  

Archived