Adepticon Results?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Exactly what it says on the tin, was wondering whether we do know the results from adepticon or when they'll post them (or when they usually post them).

Results will be posted on Tuesday or so on the Adepticon page is what I was told.

Here is the top sheet for the 2-day AOS GT:C74B-FjVAAAnQCR.jpg-large.jpeg.9222f1257d789fc85a2fc0c0b2aa6c9a.jpeg

I don't have all the exact lists.  I know what Kaleb Walters, who won best overall, was running since I lost to him on Table 2 in Round 5.  Kaleb had an 18 sky fire/LOC/Kairos/TzShaman/Gaunt Summoner/30 Marauder list.  He said he had tabled his other 4 opponents with an hour or more to spare.  Shaun Clarke (#2) was running a 12 snake TK list (I think the same one used to win the UK masters). Rhellion (Brad) was running a mixed-Destruction Beastclaw list, David Griffon and Mitch Cowan both had mixed Undead lists, and Dan Heelan had his Sylvaneth.  The individual that narrowly beat me for Best Chaos general had a mixed Khorne list I believe.  Not sure on the handful of others in the top 10.  I premiered my Nurgle Mortal Plaguetouched list to the great confusion of many who saw me on Table 2 in round 5.  Hopefully all the lists will go up in the next couple days.     

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

I know our team took 57th out of 65 or so in the team tournament!  ?

Great paint and sports scores, but miserable battle score.  Ah well.  Next time! 

1 hour ago, Lord Cedric said:

Ben Johnson's Stormcast Externals won both AM and PM Vanguard:20170323_194647.jpg
20170323_194651.jpg20170323_194658.jpg20170323_194704.jpg20170323_194709.jpg20170323_194718.jpg20170323_194728.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

One of the reasons I didn't go is due to these units not being usable.  I just got into the game recently and a lot of my painted 1k list contained units that came out after Feb 23rd.  The rules on the Adepticon site say the following

"New rules and units that are released by February 23rd, 2017 will be allowed in this event. Any new rules or units released after this date WILL NOT be allowed in this event."

Not sure why these models were allowed if expressly prohibited online.  Congrats to Ben and if they let him play with them than that is not his fault.  The TO and Adepticon website should have stuck with what it said though,  I would have been there otherwise. :(

Ben Johnson's Stormcast Externals won both AM and PM Vanguard:
20170323_194658.jpg20170323_194728.jpg

This is the exact colour scheme I've had in my mind for Stormcast for the past few months!

Does Ben post here on TGA? Is there any chance he would be willing to comment on his process? :P

Ben Johnson's Stormcast Externals won both AM and PM Vanguard:20170323_194647.jpg

That is one beautiful army, I love the color scheme Ben went for.

Also great tactical choice of units by Ben for a Vanguard-type game played on a 48"x72" board... One of Ben's game was shown on Warhammer TV - the Vanguards' aetheric move ability is so much more potent when they have the space - they could basically position themselves anywhere they wanted on the field.

Isn't Ben Johnson a GW staff member?  (I know he does stuff for White Dwarf as he's always appearing in battle reports and such).  If so, they allow staff to participate in a tournament?

Yes he is. And yes, they are allowed to play. Several did including Jess Goodwin!

EDIT: JESS BICKHAM not Goodwin. Thanks for correction.

20170323_185842.thumb.jpg.b791d993f17649a03b5ca4762adcf014.jpg

I'm fine with staff playing, however, I am still a bit confused as to why certain units were permitted on his list but prohibited from the tournament per the rules.  Models not released before February 23rd were not allowed, yet the winning list has multiples of them.  Hmm... I wonder if this was just an oversight or the TO just didn't care.  

*Seriously biased though as I had my raptors painted and live a couple hours a way. :( , admittedly biased* 

I have to admit, as much as I tell myself not to put much weight on single tournament results I'm really bummed at how poorly non-TK death did, especially given that the rumored death-aelves (who may not even be death aligned) didn't make an appearance. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. For the AM Vanguard tourney, I won best Death General but came in 20 overall. My list was a mixed Grand Alliance with zero TK models. It was actually a hard (but very fun!) Tourney using Death. It was also my first ever tourney. Hopefully I'll put on a better competitive list next year.

- Cedric

51 minutes ago, Lord Aquillor said:

I'm fine with staff playing, however, I am still a bit confused as to why certain units were permitted on his list but prohibited from the tournament per the rules.  Models not released before February 23rd were not allowed, yet the winning list has multiples of them.  Hmm... I wonder if this was just an oversight or the TO just didn't care.  

I suspect its because the rules were released and available before Feb 23rd even if the models weren't available for purchase.  

Archived