No campaign books this year?

The first narrative campaign, the Realmgate Wars, ran from AoS launch for roughly 12 months, culminating in the Season of War summer holidays campaign. The books were pretty basic at first but did indeed improve as subsequent releases built on the foundations laid by the earlier ones. 

We went near enough 5 months without a major aos release while gw appear to have adjusted their armybook design philosophy in line with the generals handbook. The current set of releases, namely tzeentch, stormcast, khorne and hammerhal to some extent feel like they are resetting the scene a bit, by updating the core armybooks and bringing the setting forward 100 years.

With the arrival of the brand spanking new Kharadron Overlords i think were all set for the next story arc to begin, which should be soon with a bit of luck.

What that arc might be is anyones guess. We need to catch up with Archaon following the partial success of the All Gates campaign, and Nagash has been laying plots since the beginning, along with Tzeentch. Theres also the introduction of Shadow Aelves, Light Aelves and the return of Slaanesh, though I dont expect all that this year. Hopefully Nurgle will get a look in alongside the 40k Death Guard releases, and well see some more faction updates alongside brand new stuff weve never even thought of!

I'm thinking we're going to see alternating seasons for the campaign books.  So we got the Realmgate Wars finishing off with a summer campaign and then a gap, we're currently in a new season for 40k (Warzone Fenris, Gathering Storm and likely another one).  I expect a 40k summer campaign and then a gap, with the next AoS campaign/story arc kicking off towards the end of the year, most likely hooked into new city building programme and culminate in a campaign system next summer.

Could be completely wrong though!

I think with new edition of 40K coming up, new General's Handbook for Age of Sigmar, a brand new game (Shadespire), plus loads of other stuff (forthcoming Shadow War/Necromunda, Kharadron Overlords, Blades of Khorne, Blood Bowl releases, Adeptus Titanicus) - I don't think they will have time for a Age of Sigmar Campaign.  

New edition of 40K is going to be massive as it sounds like it will need a support in a new campaign to help move the story and I strongly suspect it will take very big design cues from Age of Sigmar.

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

I hope so (no offense),  but I have zero interest in 40K  (unless the new edition is 4 pages of rules).  So if they go a year without any campaign book my interest may wane.  And there are plenty of other things to take my money.

GW I'm trying to give you money! 

7 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm thinking we're going to see alternating seasons for the campaign books.  So we got the Realmgate Wars finishing off with a summer campaign and then a gap, we're currently in a new season for 40k (Warzone Fenris, Gathering Storm and likely another one).  I expect a 40k summer campaign and then a gap, with the next AoS campaign/story arc kicking off towards the end of the year, most likely hooked into new city building programme and culminate in a campaign system next summer.

That sounds cool to me, i have thoroughly enjoyed the break in aos releases as it has given me time to get my stormies and bloodbound painted and make a proper start updating some of my older armies to the new status quo! Im ready for the next campaign to start asap now tho!

Archived