Adepticon News.

Ben

Announcements were to be made on the studio preview. We are not getting anything else. I would have loved to see the new aelfs, but I guess we have to wait until at least Warhammer Fest. I guess it is understandable: GW lives from hype buyers and they need to keep us focused on duardin!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still hoping for more. Wasn't it stated that we would see models that would not be released for a long time? Or was this about shadespire.

the artwork in the shadespire movie looks really nice, with the skeletons, skeleton with a very spikey crown and the priesters covering their eyes. The mask also is awesome. I'm puzzled why we don't see any of this in the models. I'm not at all excited about more stormcasts and khorne, even If they are nice models and one of them is female... 

There are two ask the studio Seminars to go. Will they have information who knows but hopefully someone asks the questions.

GW can't seem to please people.

Gamer: We want to see upcoming releases.

GW: Here you go. Get aboard the Hype train.

Gamer: Well sure if you like cool pictures but wait it's only Thursday and you have only announced 2 brand new games, 2 factions, 2 new Battletomes, and a revamp of one of your core lines over the last week. It's Saturday and I want to see more.

GW: Well yeah we have more but...

Gamer: No buts GW. give us more. Well not too much because I can't choose what to spend my money. Well some of use do but that's not the point.

GW: We want to keep something's a surprise. He watch some fun games of 40k and AoS.

Gamer: No more previews? But what about what is coming out next for  [insert faction of choice here]

GW: No.

Gamer: Argh. I hates it. You are the Worst GW. You failed. You blew your Load too soon.

GW: Well next time we will not leak anything...

Gamer: Well would rather that than just pictures of beautiful models and excitement about upcoming releases. You suck.

*Fast forward 6 months*

Gamer: Why doesn't GW post upcoming releases anymore?

GW: Ermmm seriously... Don't you remember.

Gamer: ...

GW: The last time we did it you whined so much Wisconsin ran out of cheese.

Gamer: Nah bro we love leaks.

GW: Well ok here is a pc of an arm of a model coming out within the next year.

Gamer: God Dammit GW how am I supposed to stick with my current army!? Thanks GW...

GW: Sigh...

No ones been like that. But they said they were going to show off loads at Adepticon, and the only new things we actually saw at Adepticon was a bit about Shadespire, Death Guard and some stuff about 40ks new rules. Maybe they should've saved the Duardin for Adepticon, or not hyped up the Adepticon seminars as much as they did. Can't really blame people for expecting a bit more at the event the way they advertised it, and being slightly disappointed (which is all anyone has been, no ones been freaking out or anything the way you make it out). 

Kinda surprised how quick the Shadow War and Hammerhal turnaround is - it's close to perfect. Quick enough that we aren't stuck waiting, but enough time to plan picking it up by one payday.

WH:U:Shadespire I imagine will take a bit longer because they'll want some extra expansions ready. 

At Adepticon they announced the following:

Warscroll Builder coming to the Community Site

An FAQ process on the community Site

Bios Coming to the community site.

Previews of:

Shadespire: A brand new game. Organized play. A hands on of a brand new game months before it comes out. (pretty big for GW)

A generals handbook for their flagship.

Deathguard: Including a primarch by the looks of it.

All within 30mins.  30 mins. That's it that's all they have had. As I say 2 ask the studio question session coming.  And here are some quotes of what they said. I for one have not been disappointed:

"PS: We heard a lot of news last week about new products on the way, but we still have a few surprises up our sleeves. Stay tuned for more announcements on the way later this week, as our Community and Studio teams showcase some more new items at AdeptiCon for the first time."

"If you go to the preview event, you’ll not only get to handle a host of new miniatures, (some of which won’t be out for almost a year) you’ll get to play some games with them. And not just any game, a brand new game. On top of that, we’ve even commissioned some special dice for attendees to keep as a momento. And, that’s not even all. You’ll also get to see some new game mechanics we’ve got in mind for existing games and give us your thoughts.

Now, obviously, there will also be a powerpoint presentation (and maybe a video or two) with loads of cool unreleased miniatures and great new art, but that’s just window dressing."

Again I am not sure what we are disappointed about.

"Now, obviously, there will also be a powerpoint presentation (and maybe a video or two) with loads of cool unreleased miniatures and great new art, but that’s just window dressing."

There were a couple of bits of art for Shadespire, the 8 models in Shadespire, and some very quick images of the Death Guard. I wouldn't call that loads of unreleased miniatures and art, personally. That's where my (again, slight) dissapointment is from. 

Plus the hints from Hastings about the Aelves being there, but that isn't GWs fault. 

Archived