Adepticon News.

Ben

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just disappointed that my faith in hastings has been shaken. Maybe he just had the date wrong? Either way, you can't get me to give up on the dream (nightmare?) that is Cthulhu aelves quite this easily.

Just as an aside, I feel pretty spoiled when I am disappointed that Games Workshop only revealed one awesome new army in the past seven days.

6 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

They saved it for today, where we will have TWO internet meltdowns. Plus we don't know what will be on pre-order this week, don't we?

2? Awesome. 

I think it will be a slow week maybe.

32 minutes ago, Still-young said:

No ones not handling it. There's not a lesson that needs learning. 

If everyone takes the news that there's no more news (if it proves to be the case that there is no more news) well I'll be a buttered kipper.

As Caladancid says, I love the fact of  being disapointed  that GW only reveal a fantastic new army (Kharadron overlords), a relaunch of a range (40K Death Guard), a new proper game with a release schedule (Shadowspire), and a new edition to 40k in the past week. 6 years ago that was imposible even to think about it!

Remember guys, the hype its a double blade sword! 

yeah but Adepticon was hyped by GW - as something huge with lots of news, and we got more news before it (Kharadron, Khorne,Shadowspire) and we got almost nothing at Adepticon - they showed some images of Shadowspire(but it was SE vs Khorne so nothig exciting mini wise) , nothing about AoS and they showed Death Guard for 40k and announcement of rules changes in 40k.

Really I know that Aelves were a long shot,but some sneak peak into Kharadron or Khorne BT, news about 40k ? Shwoing some cool models or some concept arts ? 

Apart from few Death Guard models they showed no models. 

6 minutes ago, Galas said:

As Caladancid says, I love the fact of  being disapointed  that GW only reveal a fantastic new army (Kharadron overlords), a relaunch of a range (40K Death Guard), a new proper game with a release schedule (Shadowspire), and a new edition to 40k in the past week. 6 years ago that was imposible even to think about it!

Shadow Wars game too!

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't see something else before the end of the weekend, but do think we do have an amazing (and financially crippling) month ahead :D

We need to understand that, if the anounce and push many releases at the same time, that will hurt them from a financial point. You know, people can think "Hm, they are gonna sell those Cthulu dark elves in 3 months, so I better don't spend X in those other things"

They want our money first of all! Don't forget that. (Not that I judge them for that. If they are doing a good job I'm pleasured to give them my money!)

7 minutes ago, Galas said:

We need to understand that, if the anounce and push many releases at the same time, that will hurt them from a financial point. You know, people can think "Hm, they are gonna sell those Cthulu dark elves in 3 months, so I better don't spend X in those other things"

They want our money first of all! Don't forget that. (Not that I judge them for that. If they are doing a good job I'm pleasured to give them my money!)

this never happened in this hobby, unlikely to change now, lol

:P

49 minutes ago, Galas said:

I have always found the opposite to be true. 

Wow these overlords look cool but maybe there will something even cooler next month so I will just wait and see what it is. Rinse and repeat for six months. If I know now that there is nothing cooler coming in the next few months, I will be much happier to invest in an army. 

I must admit that I am a little disappointed by the lack of news from Adepticon. There were more Aos releases revealed last week than this week. Even Shadespire was teased ahead of time with many guessing it would be somewhat similar to gorechosen.

I am excited by what we have seen but I was hoping they would throw back the curtain and show everything that is coming between now and warhammer fest.

I think they mightve jumped the gun a bit with all these previews. I definitely believe in the principle that nothing kills hype like showing off the next big thing!

Weve got a book for the #2 core faction in the game (Khorne) and an entire new range, enough for three or four weeks, to come out. Thats not counting Shadow War, or GWs recent habit with DoT and Sigmarines of splitting the releases over two months, so I would be unsurprised to see KOs being released right into May!

Weve got a bunch of info about a brand new game, with some stunning core minis and hints of brand new stuff to come. Weve also got a preview of Death Guard and, arguably the biggest news in the mini wargaming world right now, confirmation of a new edition of 40k AND even snippets of rules changes!

All this from the company which 2 years ago destroyed an entire gaming universe and didnt even mention it for the following 3 months! We are truly spoiled these days!

Thats not even to mention what is clearly an aelf dragonet on this weeks rumour engine!

Haven't seen this mentioned so: Scroll Builder moving to the Community Site, along with a commitment to keeping it a free resource, was also announced. It's not new models, but it's pretty cool and i know I use that site almost as much as any other.

It's encouraging that GW didn't just try and push the app and force any alternatives out of business. Instead they recognised a good product, made for the good of community and, while they're certainly leveraging it's popularity, I think they may also throw a bit of support and possibly financial muscle it's way, which I have no doubt will be very welcome.

Just now, Tzaangor Management said:

Haven't seen this mentioned so: Scroll Builder moving to the Community Site, along with a commitment to keeping it a free resource, was also announced. It's not new models, but it's pretty cool and i know I use that site almost as much as any other.

It's encouraging that GW didn't just try and push the app and force any alternatives out of business. Instead they recognised a good product, made for the good of community and, while they're certainly leveraging it's popularity, I think they may also throw a bit of support and possibly financial muscle it's way, which I have no doubt will be very welcome.

My thoughts exactly! They got so much good will with this move, at least with me they did.

Archived