Adepticon News.

Ben

Just now, pforson said:

Ah!

You reckon she's not actually ripped and her muscles don't actually 'fill' the gaps formed by the armour?

That makes sense - it's all just for show, in order to scare away the silly orcs! Maybe all Stormcast are actually like that, little weedy skinny people dressed up in shiny armour! ;)

Or big people in even bigger armour...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am impressed, they actually managed to make a specific female armour version for Stormcast that looks right, I was really hoping they would not do a specific female version before, since I feared they would go more into the direction of Sisters of Battle/Silence and I would have prefered keeping Stormcast gender ambigous to that.

Shadowspire looks like a great place for GW to dip their toes, testing out new factions and steping out of their usual bounds without massively commiting like tey have to do with full releases. This is great news, since being able to test out risks should enable them to develop their lines more boldly.

I can also see this becoming a nice gateway to the larger hobby. Just buying, building and painting a three to ten model warband, which are snapfit to boot, is much less of a commitment than GW has ever required.

I bet they will use this to test out where they go with Death, as it seems to be the GA they are the most unsure about (unsurprising, Undead in Warhammer never build up the strong Setting specific Identity and extensive library of unique design elements the other factions developed, so they have much less to work from).

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

My money is on Tyrion.

I'm amending my called shot.  Watching the trailer again, I think we get hints to the backstory and character in the trailer, particularly here:

C7m04SLWkAA1vNq.jpg.cc344da4f757faab76d9d8da84896bfa.jpg

We know that the city is a damned/cursed place caught between the Realms of Light and Shadow (both dwelling places of aelves).  There is clear similarity of the crown to Nagash's as well as aelven ones (like Witch Aelves and even other ones).  I think this is the iconography of the King of this city, who was cursed/influenced by Nagash, so you have the mixture of those two elements in the crown with the gold eyes (which we see the king covering his eyes in this image after seeing his skeletal self in a mirror; see above).  

I think all that people in the image are different people. The one in the left looks like a woman to me.

Maybe its explaining the history of the city af you said, the giant Nagash face representating the moment when he cursed the city.

2 hours ago, Aginor said:

Meh. I prefer the other female SCEs who don't have special armor.

Or in other words: I liked the SCEs not being gendered, since it really shouldn't matter IMO.

But yeah, it could be worse. MUCH worse.

It's worth looking at it from the other perspective. They may not be gendered to you but they quite clearly look, through the lens of millennia of aesthetic coding that has been tied to social construct (cheers John Berger*), like men.  

Angharad could have been designed slightly better, for sure (although picking at her abs when every Stormcast that doesn't have ostentatious armour covering their lower torso has totally ripped AF abs armour is stupid) but it's a concession in a hobby that aesthetically and also - but thankfully infrequently - community-wise can treat women as an other*.

*i am using academic terms here, apologise if this comes across as obtuse.

ALSO aware that this may be spawning a discussion that isn't fit for here in which case, as you were.

3 hours ago, pforson said:

Huh. That looks daft as well.

You don't happen to know why they did that do you?

That is bridging a connection between the heroic male nude featured in sculptures from both Greekoroman empires. They wanted to form assimilation between them and the gods featured in those sculpture. :) good question.

6 hours ago, pforson said:

Why does the female Stormcast have such a defined six-pack?

Or..... Why do the male storm casts have such defined six-packs? Guess everyone works out at the gym all the time and eats copious amounts of chicken... That's just how minis look when you live in a time when the male ideal is a bodybuilding teenage ****** star... Oh well... Here's to missing a natural male body...

Edit: For some reason the word describing a starring role in a fleshy and overly romantic movie is too naughty for the PC filter.

6 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Now now, the natural male body is serviced well by the Nurgle miniature range.

hahaha I'm not talking about those levels of manliness. Just a sporty fighter physique, not the bodybuilding and mirror gazing teenager who lives at home because he can't hold a job with all that flexing.

I'm afraid people might have forgotten how a normal strong body looks like, seeing as the bodybuilder has become mainstream.

Idk where it started but this whole female SE ab thing is silly.... imo...

How does a Dracoth ever close it's jaws around food with 4 foot lower teeth?....

How does a Gore Grunta ever do anything with that mouth!?....

Why do limbs only grow out of the right side of tree/spite revanants?....

ETc, rtc, etc....

I'm absolutely impressed we got a female stormcast that's not wearing high heels!

Hoping for more as I don't want to buy 10 boxes of this game to spread them out amongst my SE ranks..... but I will. ;)

Archived