Adepticon News.

Ben

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty disappointed to see Shadespire be a competitive boardgame, or at least look that way. I will absolutely reserve judgement until the rules are more out and about but for the time being I'm not interested in the game.

Very excited to see 40K get the AoS treatment. As others have said that could convince me back into 40K, they'd need to clean up a lot more things though and I'm sure specifics will be hushed for some time. As others have mentioned there are issues with the Mounter/non-Mounted versions being the same price and Vehicles are quite wonky. GW seems to have learned a lot from AoS though, I wonder how their launch for books will go. Probably smoother than the compendiums.

Looking forward to more AoS information and maybe some reports on how Shadespire actually plays. :]

5 minutes ago, Galas said:

Well, you have them for dozens out there! 

Sweet where is the Warhammer one??!! I'll buy it right now. 

Sorry should have been clearer. I've been waiting on a Warhammer miniatures with card game that can be played at organized events like mtg style forever. 

12 minutes ago, Saproling said:

Cursed by the lord of Undeath (Nagash) to sit between the realms of Light and Shadow, in limbo. Given the TK vibe of the skellies, would the ruler of this city be Settra?

I don't think the city has a ruler on youtube it's been said nagash has trapped heroes in a city to fight for eternity cause well nagash being nagash.

I have been saying this whole time undead is going to be heavily gothic with some TK influences here and there I mean look at the track they used in the trailer. Pretty gothic song to me IMO. 

That's the theme they are pushing for undead in AOS hence why I believed they squatted the tomb kings and they were clearly Egyptian. The designer of nagash and the mortarchs he said they are going to be the "look" for undead in AOS. In his interview in the new versions of white dwarf the first one. 

"The design of nagash's staff alkanash, harks back to his past as a high priest of khemri, with motifs from both the tomb kings and vampire counts used in the final design"

"Nagash is a landmark minature for several reasons. He enabled us, as a design team, to re-imagine the undead range and create a new aesthetic for undead characters such as Arkhan and neferata." 

Another part 

"Being able to create nagash enabled us to redefine the undead range, to establish a new ruling class with a grim aesthetic.

age+of+sigmar+artwork+flesheaters+courts

warhammer+ageof+sigmar+artwork+all+gates

36ecf981ebaa41649326b0efb799d548.jpg

warhammer+age+of+sigmar+ogors+thundertuswarhammer+age+of+sigmar+ogors+thundertus

age+of+sigmar+artwork+flesheaters+courts

Archived