Beastclaw raiders

murf369

That Icewind Box is an amazing value, I would highly recommend starting with it. Ultimately you will want to add more to the collection, and if you can be patient enough and save up, I'd suggest even buying a second box!

If you're new to BCR, I would suggest checking out a couple articles I wrote (not to toot my own horn) that will help you understand the different units, allegiance abilities, and battalions: 

Good luck and welcome to the pack!

Most likely the Frostlord on Stonehorn and Huskard on Thundertusk will see noticeable price increases due to being used extensively in competitive play, in particular in combination with Moonclan Grots. I wouldn't worry though - other units, most notably Mournfang, are likely to see price reductions, making many formations more accessible. I think the faction will be more interesting to play as a result.

I personally didn't get the Icewind Assault box because I wasn't a fan of the YEHTEES AND HUNTER models. I remembered not being a fan when Ogor Kingdoms first came out.

i personally love the Bragoth's Raiders Battalion. I Frostlord on Stonehorn, 2 units of Mornfsng Cavalry and 2 units of Orruk Gore-Gruntas.

i also personally love the Jorlbad battalion, I believe it is the one with the Stonehorns.

you just need 3 boxes of Stonehorns (build one either a Frostlord or Huskatd and the other 2 as Stonehorn Beastriders) and 2 boxes of Mornfang Cavalry 

all in all a very powerful 2,000pt army for (70+70+70+70+70) for 350$ 

My my thoughts though, I've got a lot of fun with this bash em list. I enjoy the Stonehorn for their abilities and survivability (they halve all wounds/mortal wounds)

2 hours ago, Jalvik said:

I personally didn't get the Icewind Assault box because I wasn't a fan of the YEHTEES AND HUNTER models. I remembered not being a fan when Ogor Kingdoms first came out.

You may not be a fan of the models, but holy ****** are they good in the game. The Hunter is actually a great clutch unit for scoring objectives with, and Yhetees are possibly the most underestimated unit in the army. They're as fast as cavalry, hit decently, are surprisingly resilient (thanks to the -1 to be hit), and can Retreat from a combat and still fight that turn thanks to the 6" pile-in move.

5 hours ago, Solaris said:

Most likely the Frostlord on Stonehorn and Huskard on Thundertusk will see noticeable price increases due to being used extensively in competitive play, in particular in combination with Moonclan Grots. I wouldn't worry though - other units, most notably Mournfang, are likely to see price reductions, making many formations more accessible. I think the faction will be more interesting to play as a result.

Yes but if they increase em to much they destroy the army even if they lower the cost on the mournfangs. The mournfangs got to few models and dont pack a punch thats required for competetive play imo. Dont get me wrong their solid but nothing you would lean on in a tight situation and also not a carni distract. I would like to be able to play a BCR army in competetive play and have a chance of winning. If they price em to high you punish people who want to play BCR alliegence army. Thats not right either.

Destruction have gotten the end of the beat stick alot due to problems with people playing mixed armies. Then fix the problem with mixed armies. But dont destroy a whole faction due to some peoples play style. If they price em to much it will be hard to play warscroll battalions. Becuase if you just gonna price things after how people use units then things like hammers and bows on order side would be priced beyond recognition and I dont think that will happen due to beeing popular armies.

Increase the price but I hope they are realistic and look at the whole picture and not just punish units that are used by some people in a mixed environment. You should be able to create a list of BCR that has a resonable chance of winning against top tier stormcast and Sylvaneth lists. Everything else wouldnt be fair. 

6 hours ago, thediceabide said:

You may not be a fan of the models, but holy ****** are they good in the game. The Hunter is actually a great clutch unit for scoring objectives with, and Yhetees are possibly the most underestimated unit in the army. They're as fast as cavalry, hit decently, are surprisingly resilient (thanks to the -1 to be hit), and can Retreat from a combat and still fight that turn thanks to the 6" pile-in move.

I'm. Or saying they are in any means bad in a game. Just my personal 2 cents. 

I love my Stonehorns :-)

4 hours ago, Jesper77 said:

Yes but if they increase em to much they destroy the army even if they lower the cost on the mournfangs. The mournfangs got to few models and dont pack a punch thats required for competetive play imo. Dont get me wrong their solid but nothing you would lean on in a tight situation and also not a carni distract. I would like to be able to play a BCR army in competetive play and have a chance of winning. If they price em to high you punish people who want to play BCR alliegence army. Thats not right either.

Destruction have gotten the end of the beat stick alot due to problems with people playing mixed armies. Then fix the problem with mixed armies. But dont destroy a whole faction due to some peoples play style. If they price em to much it will be hard to play warscroll battalions. Becuase if you just gonna price things after how people use units then things like hammers and bows on order side would be priced beyond recognition and I dont think that will happen due to beeing popular armies.

Increase the price but I hope they are realistic and look at the whole picture and not just punish units that are used by some people in a mixed environment. You should be able to create a list of BCR that has a resonable chance of winning against top tier stormcast and Sylvaneth lists. Everything else wouldnt be fair. 

Try the Bragoth's Beat Raiders! It is a really fun army to play with! I've personally had great success with Mournfang but agree.... very expensive! They are well worth the points in my books! ;-) 

i have have great fun at the local hobby shop and a lot of fun at GW. But I'm no tournament player so I'm only really competitive against friendly rivalries.

18 hours ago, thediceabide said:

Yeah, it's brutal... It also means you never fail a charge less than 6", because you don't even need to make the charge.

So, If it's my turn, I retreat them out of combat and towards (w/6") an enemy unit engaged with another one of my units. Wait for that enemy unit to complete its attacks. Then do the 6" pile in and attack without reprisal!  

Does this allow that Yhetees one free combat phase w/o being attacked back?  Or is there a way to make it more?

2 hours ago, annarborhawk said:

So, If it's my turn, I retreat them out of combat and towards (w/6") an enemy unit engaged with another one of my units. Wait for that enemy unit to complete its attacks. Then do the 6" pile in and attack without reprisal!  

Does this allow that Yhetees one free combat phase w/o being attacked back?  Or is there a way to make it more?

If you pile into a unit that already attacked, then yes, otherwise during your opppnents activation they can pick the unit to fight back since they are now within 3"

21 hours ago, Jalvik said:

Try the Bragoth's Beat Raiders! It is a really fun army to play with! I've personally had great success with Mournfang but agree.... very expensive! They are well worth the points in my books! ;-) 

i have have great fun at the local hobby shop and a lot of fun at GW. But I'm no tournament player so I'm only really competitive against friendly rivalries.

Yes its a fun battalion, but as you yourself say  you dont play tournaments. The basic cost for the battalion and its units are to expensive as it is and in tournaments you usually play 2000p. You still have to buy two more mournfangs to get the third BL. But lets try making something with it. We double upp on Gore gruntas and take one more Unit of mournfangs that is the end of the points cant afford anything else as we reach 1940, thats even without price increase. It leaves us with the following army. 

Lord on stonehorne

3x2 mournfangs as BL

12 Gore gruntas 

braggoths beast hammer. 

Maybe a fun army to play narrative/friend but not a tournament army for many different reasons. 

I was thinking of using Braggot's Beast Hammer just for fun. Here is the list I was thinking of using.

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- General
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Icebrow Hunter (160)
- General
- Trait: Might is Right
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
- General

Battleline

Battalions
Braggoth's Beast Hammer (160)

Total: 2000/2000

Use the Hunter as the General so that the Cats become battle line and the thundertusk can heal people and dish out them mortal wounds.

Archived