My Stormcast - help me make a list / what next?

SuperKick

Hi All, 

I've been slowing building a Stormcast Army for a while now and have a lot of it painted. So far I've just been getting what I want and most of the army is converted from 2 starter sets. 

The models I own:

LCOD

Lord Celestant on foot

Lord Relictor 

Knight Heraldor 

Knight Questor 

Knight Vexillor 

Knight Venator 

3 x 5 liberators - 3 grandblades 

5 judicators - one shock bolt 

5 Retributors - 2 starsoul 

2 concussors 

3 Prosecutors with hammers

6 Gryph Hounds 

I have the option to make 5 more judicators but was thinking of converting to raptors with hurricane crossbows x3 as I'd need to pick up two more models for the 5. Anyone know if this could be done easily if you have the bits? 

I love the Vanguard stuff and would love all of it but right now I'd just like to round the army off to a decent 2k list and possibly move on. I will likely come back and add to them. 

So any advice on what you would add? I'm not going to run all these hero's ofcourse but nice to have to mix things up. 

I mostly play with friends but like to be competitive with them nonetheless. 

Thanks 

At what point  lvl are you looking  for ? At 1k you can make a strong  list.  For 2 k i think  you need  more paladins prosecutors. The meta havent really  settled yet. But a hammerstrike  force  still  looks  strong. 

More Paladins, they are the real melee punch and a good source of mortal wounds.
They are also hard to shift with 3 wounds a piece. Their slow speed has been helped alittle bit with the formations and spells from the Relictor in the new book.

Also, you can never go wrong with Judicators.

I think you need to consider how you want your list to play. Do you want it to be fast, with redeployment shenanigans? Alpha strike? Gunline? (the most work with the models you've got).

With a couple of extra units (2x prosecutors or 1x paladins or 1x judicators) you'll get access to some battalions - Vanguard wing for fast redeployment, Hammerstrike for alpha striking, or Thunderhead (the weakest, but good for keeping your judicators alive in a gunline).

46 minutes ago, AdamR said:

I think you need to consider how you want your list to play. Do you want it to be fast, with redeployment shenanigans? Alpha strike? Gunline? (the most work with the models you've got).

With a couple of extra units (2x prosecutors or 1x paladins or 1x judicators) you'll get access to some battalions - Vanguard wing for fast redeployment, Hammerstrike for alpha striking, or Thunderhead (the weakest, but good for keeping your judicators alive in a gunline).

I would look at battalions too. They are nice to build around.

Best bet is thunderhead - you want more judicators anyway - or hammerstrike.

Thanks for all the input guys. 

I was thinking the 2k mark. I think the play style I like the most is probably just a balanced army. That mostly comes from enjoying painting varied units. 

Think I'll add the 5 judicators and 5 protectors as suggested. 

It'll give me the option of thunder head and Hammerstrike. Given what I have these definitely look the best options and should be able to switch around hero's and a few units as needed. 

I'll probably bolster the prosectuors after that. 3 seem a little weak when my oppenent knows what I'm doing with hammerstrike but at least I can still get to 9" away even if they die with no roll. 

Archived