How do YOU Instagram?

Dez

Hello All!

Painting and Modeling enthusiast as well as resident Old Man Dez here, I just joined Instagram with hopes to one day check the cart at the GW site and see my models there. A lofty goal, but an achievable one I'm sure! But by the 2 Thin Coats of Duncan, how do I properly share these pics? I'm asking the community here, instead of looking online/doing a google search as I feel there may be better/more defined answers asking within my niche :) 

I see you can mention people with a #. What are some particular groups that some of you use? Can I save all of these in a template so I don't need to tag them every time? Can I post pics in a group, tagged as well? I'd like to bulk upload/post, but can only seem to post one pic at a time. Heh, I'm also noting a distinct lack of free ways to do this from my Mac, which I'd prefer.

Thanks!

Dez

If your goal is to catch GW's attention, just add the tags #paintingwarhammer or #paintingwarhammer40k - they're the ones the GW account searches for. You'll know you've got a nibble when they comment on your picture asking you to reply #YESGW to accept their T&Cs.

If you want to get more attention on Instagram, just throw on a lot more tags - looking at similar images from some of the popular hobby accounts will give you an idea of what to use. I don't know about templates, but you can copy/paste into Instagram, so maybe keep all your tags on a notepad app.

I've had about a dozen images of my models on Instagram featured on the GW site (and my painting is nowhere near top-level, so they do select a  broad range).

Good luck!

I'd considered saving it in a notepad app, but as a software guy...just kinda wondered if/why that functionality wasn't there. I've only spent a little bit of time with it.

#Dakka_Dez

@Dakka_Dez

I only use Instagram from the app on my phone, the S6 has a pretty decent camera on so no real editing required.  Really easy to share photos in fairness.  Hashtag wise I try to use "relevant" ones, #ageofsigmar, #aos and #warmongers are used on all of my AoS bits, and I tend to tag whatever army I'm working on - so #bloodbound, #khorne etc.  The #paintingwarhammer and #paintingforgeworld I've not done yet as I've not got many completed models on there yet :D 

1 hour ago, Dez said:

I'd considered saving it in a notepad app, but as a software guy...just kinda wondered if/why that functionality wasn't there. I've only spent a little bit of time with it.

#Dakka_Dez

@Dakka_Dez

It's not there to stop people spamming the most popular hashtags with sunglasses adverts etc. 

On 3/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, Turragor said:

I can't stop looking at awesome minis in the app feed.

Do you need to subscribe to certain topics? If so, is it just a case of stumbling across ones you like? I have also never used instagram, but I might sign up and post a few pictures, but I'd like to look at pretty stuff for inspiration.

1 hour ago, fartsocks said:

Do you need to subscribe to certain topics? If so, is it just a case of stumbling across ones you like? I have also never used instagram, but I might sign up and post a few pictures, but I'd like to look at pretty stuff for inspiration.

I started to follow some of the big artists and Ive kind of organically found more and more cool stuff that way. It offers you similar interests if you search and stuff.

Browsing the right hashtag nets you hobby gold usually.

Archived