The Adepticon Rumour Prediction Thread

5 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

I thought it was interesting that gw made a point of having Malerion find and reconcile with Morathi in the original aos fluff. Maybe we'll get an ideaof where this is going in the next few days?

He's the biggest momma's boy in the history of fantasy fiction. Oedipus gives him funny looks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far in Summary (regarding only AoS stuff)  

- possibility to write comments on Warhammer Community 

- FAQ platform for questions and voting on rulings 

- Warscroll Builder comes to WH Community site for free, from May on

- they have a demo of Shadespire

So nothing new for AoS. Interesting note that 40k is getting somewhat "AoS'd", it sounds like they're porting the Battleshock system, independent statlines (no Infantry type, all units have their own move etc), and Rend system (or something similar, "armor piercing value").

Played a game of Shadespire. Took about 40 minutes and I got a good feeling for it. There's a deck construction aspect and then the game takes place on a Hex gameboard, maneuvering troops to get objectives, kill each other, and win. 5 named Bloodreavers, 3 named Liberators. All will have Warscrolls in AoS but will only be available in the box set (for now). Other forces coming with release so not just Sigmar v Khorne. Attack/Defend dice a la XWing but different. Was fun, quick, and you can tell there was quite a bit of depth available, could be a great tourney or club game.

Oh yeah, the biggest news imo? One of the Stormcast Shadespire models is a female Stormcast.
IMG_20170322_205101.jpg

Crappy phone picture but her character card uses "she" and there is a definite feminine but not sexualized style to her armor. It looks amazing and I can't wait to get my own!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Well in DOTA - the gist at least from what I remember - is that the combatants fight an infinite number of the same battles across the multiverse, and that they go to the underworld and work their way back to the mortal realm for every respawn, the maze they pass through feeling ever more complex as they die over and over. 

The reason I bring this up is because the branding is off from Age of Sigmar. It's Warhammer: Underworlds, not AoS: Underworlds, or just AoS. Maybe the subtitle of Underworld and more comic artwork is to slightly separate it from the mainline Age of Sigmar line

And AoS reminds me a bit of Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm...

A mish-mash of maps and heroes: Nobody cares about fluff as long as the gameplay is good and that it looks cool. Fluff can be fixed later. 

Teleporting to and from the maps/realms are quite similar. An HQ where heroes hang out between battles even if they die (Azyr) is also quite similar.

And AoS reminds me a bit of Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm...
A mish-mash of maps and heroes: Nobody cares about fluff as long as the gameplay is good and that it looks cool. Fluff can be fixed later. 
Teleporting to and from the maps/realms are quite similar. An HQ where heroes hang out between battles even if they die (Azyr) is also quite similar.

The storyline as I understand it is like this: there's a city that's been cursed by Nagash to languish on mirror dimensions. Heroes end up there for various reasons (mostly treasure) and get trapped. The game represents them struggling against one another and seeking glory and treasure in order to escape - not knowing that it won't matter since there is no escape. When a Hero dies, they are reflected back along the mirrors or something and continue fighting. They were pretty vague about it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Archived