The Adepticon Rumour Prediction Thread

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the new Codices (Codexes...es?) are both inserts, like a 'Getting Started' sort of magazine. So...I think it's just a stopgap. The only way to get it outside the box set is ePub. I'm sure they'll release some info on 8th Ed :) 

12 minutes ago, Thain said:

"Codices" is the proper plural, even if GW insists on using "codexes." They also use "dice" as a singular. O.o

I, too, had become accustomed to the singular "die" -- however, the dictionary insists that particular form is archaic, so GW isn't doing anything weird with one dice instead of one die. 

I'm still with you on codices, though...

Codex may have a Latin origin, but it's been part of the English language for centuries and thus conforms to our rules. English words of Latin origin with a final ex or ix become –ices (pronounced /ᵻsiːz/): Index, indices; Appendix, appendices; Codex, codices; Matrix, matrices; [a word the naughty language filter apparently flags, but it means a dominant woman], dominatrices. 

Don't even get me started on the whole "Astartes" business.

I'm hoping we're due another trilogy for 40k, focusing on Imperium vs Xenos, or *gasp* Xenos vs Xenos. The Tyranids in particular need some love, and the Orks and Necrons would benefit from a couple of new miniatures. This then nicely sets up 8th Edition for an August release to tie into the summer holidays (traditionally their best time to get people's attention)

On top of that, Sigmar wise I'd like more details on Shadowspire and the new starter set, especially if it's coming with some basic terrain.

We're also due a new Age of Sigmar plot, as the Realmgate Wars have ended, and Order triumphed, we need more detail on the new status quo, who'se pushing back against the Order. Is Order starting to fight against Order more frequently? Will we finally get some new Free People miniatures because I'd *love* for the Devoted of Sigmar or the Free Guilds to get a miniature update in line with the art in Shadows over Hammerhall

Finally, I'm expecting them annouce a new computer game licence, it's an ideal place to launch the product and we've seen a big increase in their royalty payments recently.

My secret wish though, an RPG expansion for Warhammer Quest, some kind of Bestriary and Realm Guide books to take the adventure further, with some additional mechanics. How cool would it be to get an adversary per two pages type book detailing both their in-game statistics, and some bestiary notes such as "Orruks tend to congregate in tribes of 20-30 individuals, often led by their toughest warrior and advised by the oldest shaman"

9 hours ago, Thain said:

"Codices" is the proper plural, even if GW insists on using "codexes." They also use "dice" as a singular. O.o

Heard this conversation many times.  GW uses their own bastardised version of latin which allows them to trademark certain words and phrases.  Because of this it's actually Codexes (capital C) when referring to multiple GW Codex publications - this has come from Laurie Goulding multiple times, if we were talking about multiple codex from a literary perspective then everybody is completely correct in that it's codices.  And yes, before anybody else says - Lexicanum is wrong

I have however vastly gone off topic with what may be announced at Adepticon :D

I did read yesterday a really weird rumour that GW had done something relating to Pokemon - though I'm finding that somewhat difficult and likely a load of rubbish!

baaack to topic:

"PS: We heard a lot of news last week about new products on the way, but we still have a few surprises up our sleeves. Stay tuned for more announcements on the way later this week, as our Community and Studio teams showcase some more new items at AdeptiCon for the first time."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/21/warhammer-live-at-adepticon/

1 minute ago, Teletomas said:

baaack to topic:

"PS: We heard a lot of news last week about new products on the way, but we still have a few surprises up our sleeves. Stay tuned for more announcements on the way later this week, as our Community and Studio teams showcase some more new items at AdeptiCon for the first time."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/21/warhammer-live-at-adepticon/

Yup. This is why I started this thread as I had a good feeling there would be more reveals ;) 

3 hours ago, Riavan said:

I think the shadow aelves are slanersh., Or visa versa.

So I would love death aligned chutulhu elves -sounds tasty- but what you just wrote actually makes sense! And slaneesh really deserve it -they don't even exist at the moment. Give them aelves. I'm all for.

Given that Morathi, somehow, is still alive in AoS despite having been killed in The End Times, she'd be a natural fit as a leader of a Slaanesh-worshipping elf cult... Plus ça changeplus c'est la même chose.

1 minute ago, Thain said:

Given that Morathi, somehow, is still alive in AoS despite having been killed in The End Times, she'd be a natural fit as a leader of a Slaanesh-worshipping elf cult... Plus ça changeplus c'est la même chose.

She was not killed in the end times, she was spirited away by slaanesh for what purpose we have no idea. It makes it even more obvious she is possibly tainted. If the new rumor image is shadowkin then most likely their tome will give us hints on what's happening with slaanesh. 

Just moving this here as the Shadespire thread seems a bit dead (feel free to ignore) 

4 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Well in DOTA - the gist at least from what I remember - is that the combatants fight an infinite number of the same battles across the multiverse, and that they go to the underworld and work their way back to the mortal realm for every respawn, the maze they pass through feeling ever more complex as they die over and over. 

The reason I bring this up is because the branding is off from Age of Sigmar. It's Warhammer: Underworlds, not AoS: Underworlds, or just AoS. Maybe the subtitle of Underworld and more comic artwork is to slightly separate it from the mainline Age of Sigmar line

Perhaps it retains a loose relation to the lore, but is a reshaping of it for this game, like BloodBowl was of fantasy. In WH:U's version of the Mortal Realms, Nagash and his undead cronies wile away their time in Shyish by resurrecting prized warriors to fight for their entertainment in a coliseum, for all eternity.

This means they can resurrect old heroes, create new heroes, and also let you use your existing AoS heroes (if this game is the same scale) thus catering for three fanbases: those with a love of the old lore, new to AoS players, and brand new players only new to WH:U. 

Also, if it is a vaguely moba like/arena battler but with heroes, it would make sense that there are both heroes and minions - that's your snap to fit ST acolytes, khorne bloodguys, SC liberators. I can see them creating a line of grunts for each faction that are basic snap to fit, and a hero, that you can get in one box for £20 like a Bloodbowl team. They'll release them as "expansions" and there will be a book for each Season that has the rules for all the races and the games they will participate in. 

Just my ten cents.

3 hours ago, Sadysaneto said:

you got a point, and i would agree 100% if it wasnt for warhammer quest. It also does not have age of sigmar on it, and is, up to now, 100% aos related.

3 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

That's true, I just find the Warhammer: Underworlds branding really curious - the artwork for ST and HH was at least very in line with regular AoS art, this is rather different. I guess we will see!

3 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

The reason I bring this up is because the branding is off from Age of Sigmar. It's Warhammer: Underworlds, not AoS: Underworlds, or just AoS. Maybe the subtitle of Underworld and more comic artwork is to slightly separate it from the mainline Age of Sigmar line.

In all fairness, officially there is no such thing as simply: "Age of Sigmar" - the proper full name is "WARHAMMER: Age of Sigmar", so the new game follows the well established pattern...

On this thread's topic - I am really hoping they will show some of Underworlds contents and gameplay - really hyped about the whole concept for some reason ;-)

Also, I wonder what will happen to minis from the current starter that will not be included in the new one - a separate release or... we will find them reboxed in Warhammer: Underworlds kit perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Slivarth said:

In all fairness, officially there is no such thing as simply: "Age of Sigmar" - the proper full name is "WARHAMMER: Age of Sigmar", so the new game follows the well established pattern...

Well, I'm in favor of just calling AoS "Warhammer Fantasy", and any prior incarnation "Warhammer Dispossessed"

:P

Archived