Number of wounds

I guess I've always had around 100 or a bit more, at least that's where all the lists I've made have averaged out.

I'm with some others on here that my list building is erring towards larger models now though which inevitably means fewer wounds.

To balance it I try and make the infantry I have now be as survivable as possible, if that means taking formations/heroes to do that then that's the way I'm going. The various "guard" infantry is the way I'm going (Temple Guard/Phoenix Guard etc).

Only taking from the 3 game event Sunday (solo-Fyreslayers)  but the total # of wounds:

heroes/heroes on monster: 47

units: 55

I think at least a 100 is best but not a good indicator of an optimal army since there are so many diff scrolls w/diff wounds...then summoning on top of that:) One thing I threw in because I have only one-wound infantry, was the runeson on foot for adding +2 to damage vs. models w/3+ wounds, in case I face Ogres or chariots or Chaos. Good thing as well, as that tipped me over the edge I think to kill off deathstar of Ironguts and won me the game;)

Archived