Slaanesh his Spartans, step daughters and anything that catches his fancy.

Kramer

• 4 weeks later...

Well he’s done!! And an absolute joy to paint.  Picture coming soon and with him my original 1k list is finished! 

395CFB51-11E1-42D1-88BB-21E6F15DE126.jpeg.c7e09bc4a8e6b18a63ecb5b9e97a503a.jpeg

I decided to put the spawn back in the to-do box because I got the Daughters of Khaine virus real bad. So I got the allies box, meaning I know have enough witch elves and daemonettes to create 60 mixed mortality ladies. So thats the goal. Getting them all painted, with bits and bobs as a diversion in between, but no new models before they are done. Wish me luck and hide away my wallet because I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist the temptation.

also switched back to a white base coat. Hence the test elf in the middle. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well my lord finally got his glamour shots! Really happy with him. Story with a final surprise addition to get my army to, roughly, 1K coming soon. 

So next up is me just flitting around between projects. I love the new Daughters of Khaine, so i'll be getting that up to 1K as well. Really want to keep that conversion light to just get some momentum, but I also want to challenge myself with every addition. (and by saying it aloud I now have too ;)). And so much more projects and plans flitting around in my mind, really excited for it. 

P1033198-1-1.jpg.03fcc148cedf0ed989a9887fc2ec66a3.jpgP1033210-2.jpg.de8519d33b4f6fce4956d37c8a9ad2a5.jpg

Edited by Kramer
Spelling
  • Like 7

So time for the final reveal. The protagonist made flesh (or in this case very old metal). TLDR pic at the bottom:

The legendary warrior was taking his time going back to the village. Oerl was mesmerised. He walked 30 feet behind the warrior. Unaware of his surroundings or the fact that his warriors followed 30 feet behind him… weapons drawn. 
They were attacked twice on their way back. The first time by a group of fire lizards, The warrior charged with a animalistic growl. Not much was left of the lizards after that furious charge. The second time was an ambush by a trio of the invading warriors. This time the legendary warrior showed his true strength. With a roar that shook the mountain, he thrust his bear hide banner into the hands of Oerl and charged in. The first steps were those of a man. Strong, powerful with long strides that ate up the distance between the charging predator and his prey. But things changed, muscles rippled, fur grew and without losing speed his stride changed from that of a man to that of a bear. An unstoppable force of nature that would not be denied his prey. 

After the massacre Oerl and his warriors followed the bear into the village. Proud they walked behind the transformed warrior. Adoration shining on their faces. Not only for the warrior of legend but also in their leader Oerl, who still held the bearskin banner aloft. Oerl for all his outward bravado was cautious. As sharp as a hunting cat he noticed details he never would have noticed before.The soft pelt of their animalistic leader had the same soft quality his patches of fur he showed. Now more and more of his young warriors showed the same blessing, but the blessing of the Bear god Khorne was never this subtle, this soft. Also where was everybody? His warband was getting close to the centre of the village and they haven’t discovered anything, except a sweet and sickly aroma. Then Oerl heard something…
Spinning around he saw a white snake, shimmering in the burning son behind them. Almost translucent white, a purple glow showed beneath it’s skin as it tasted the air with its forked tong. It shivered in delight as it closed in on the trapped warriors. By now they were fully surrounded. Graceful as dancers the bronze warriors had appeared from the side streets and alleyways. Giggling women strode forward caressing and touching the warriors while the passed them, all the while playfully gesturing to Oerl’s surrounded warriors. Oerl, with his heightened senses saw that all of them were on the path to daemonhood, but he doubted his warriors saw anything else than their desires made flesh. 

Out stepped the nameless one, and although he looked no less regal and resplendent, he paled in comparison to the next warrior stepping out of the shadows. Tall, majestic and oozing charisma and arrogance the lord of the invading host walked forward. ‘Beorg', he called. Never had such an melodic and beautiful sound graced the ears of Oerl’s assembled warriors. Beorg, still in bear form,  took his place by his masters side. Tossing and petting het soft fur of the bear at his feet, the same fur that graced Oerl and his warriors, the lord addressed the warriors assembled before him. ‘Kneel’, and without a second of hesitation everyone knelt. Be they bear, man or daemon, there was no denying that voice. All knelt, except one…

Bearskin gently moving in the wind, Oerl stood. Not out of deviance, not out of loyalty to his former god, not even out of loyalty to his former clan. 

One of the daemonic woman approached…

No, Oerl stood out of new found loyalty. Loyalty for legends of old that came to life…

Monstrous and beautiful a smile appeared on her face…

Mind whirling, Oerl was consumed by the revelation…

Her claw pierced the skin above his left eye…

His blessing, the same fur that graced the bear lying at the lords feet…

Claw tearing through his eye…

Oerl only felt excitement at the extreme pain and the unsung promises of the future…

P1033253-1.jpg.86a919f0c240f8d8c4fb80147407605e.jpg

Group picture of the mortal side of the army.

P1033258-3.jpg.e5397b11a5068b0b62a78f9d0c2a926c.jpg

The main protagonists in the story. 

Edited by Kramer
Double picture
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

So the hero of day is lahmian medium!

While getting my daughters of khaine up to 1600 pts, I want to use them to improve and try out new techniques. By accident I ran into lahmian medium, got it to try for the first time.... and oh my Slaanesh. What a difference to diluting with water. So much more control and I would recommend it to everyone! 

420C3E36-33FC-445A-A3B7-5DCE82052969.jpeg.04f678111f77cebfef00b64b275a2913.jpeg

Next up, one round of clean up on the couldron and then braziers with OSL! Another first. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep myself motivated an update! As I want to show the witches transforming into the daemonettes I tried to keep the purple in the skin tones to minimum on the witches and more visible on the daemonettes. Skin tones not yet done because it means a lot of layers. Tried some head swappes but that Was a horrible idea.

14F638BC-67CF-42E9-9007-97B484A64722.jpeg.e2938da2629fe24a7a0508a7e569c35d.jpeg

Fun fact, I painted like crazy to get all this table ready in two nights (stormcast and cauldron excludes), fell just short, decided to bring them anyway and ended up playing shadespire ?.

Had great fun, would recommend shadespire to everyone. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

And now for something completely different. 2 markers and 1 very multipart Skaven warlord. Next Wednesday I’m starting a path to glory campaign to finally determine who’s most ratty general.* which gave me the perfect opportunity to finally upgrade my general based on his performances and equipment during the campaign! Something I really, really like the idea of, but never did. As an experiment I also gave him a rocky outcrop to give him a bit more height. Painting commences tonight! 

C1B6F8EB-999F-48A9-9F6A-304B677DEE6B.jpeg.56bb8106427085cc46057c9a6ee46573.jpeg

*if he wins, he of course cheated. Because we all know Skaven models are exceedingly loyal to the person who painted them, aka me. ;) 

Edited by Kramer
Auto-correct really doesn't like the word slacken

I may have to look at Lahimian medium then as your shrine of khaine looks lovely :)

Kitbashing for your Leaders is always a ton of fun, and I'm glad you finally got to do so! As for names Ritter Skit the Quick popped into my head.

3 hours ago, Rhivan said:

I may have to look at Lahimian medium then as your shrine of khaine looks lovely :)

Kitbashing for your Leaders is always a ton of fun, and I'm glad you finally got to do so! As for names Ritter Skit the Quick popped into my head.

Thanks so much! Really didn’t expect it but is a game changer. 

I’m most excited about the for the addition when dies! Of course that means he will be invincible ?

So tomorrow i'll be playing a Path to glory campaign. Skaven vs. Skaven. Warlord vs. Grey Seer. And my Warlord is ready to take the crown. I got some extra bits painted up to 'upgrade' the model depending on his exploits.

For the armour I mixed a bit of carroburg crimson shade with sycorax bronze. I couldn't get it to show on the photo, at least without setting up a spotlight, but it gives a really peculiar shine to the armour. It slightly reflects light, giving it a distinct look I really like.

Not really happy with the heads though. Used flayed one flesh with some agrax earthshade to give it some depth but it doesnt work with the rest. Any suggestions are welcome!

P1033323-1.jpg.9ce18b35859b5ab7e9a06abcff01cb2f.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

And I’m back on the plog track! Lots of different projects and armies but currently on the table a frigate, the last two crew of the cauldron and finally a knight incantor. 

Killteam has me all excited to start a skirmish campaign. ? but every campaign needs a baddy. So the special edition knight incantor has been bought. Clearly evil and a great chance to practice OSL. So here goes! 

EEFD3C54-4478-4FC4-8723-4325087B30AF.jpeg.e87e9f89096c9b9d3a37871c6484eaab.jpeg

• 3 months later...

My newest addition to my daughters of khaine and perfect models to try out wet blending. First model, first try, only The tail though  gotta start somewhere ;) 

From black, to nagaroth night, to xereus purple. With a small Druchii violet wash to blend it further together.  Any C&C?

139C8D79-7641-4444-8AC8-32877A216FFD.jpeg.81c135f512aa42baf4050f5d11305ba8.jpeg

87AC225B-C3B7-47BB-88FA-0413A120505B.jpeg.2cbda955fa159a609271fa6fbb0ddac0.jpeg

BE1FBAE5-EA66-4850-A7EE-C7D792076643.jpeg.0afd415d00231d953065401772d839c0.jpeg

24DFED9A-4014-4A85-9ED4-72A338E049BB.jpeg.7ae3c8be0154e6a9ace8cb6c17fd04e9.jpeg

also on the painting table:

F2C69EA4-2CD3-451D-94EA-BD39DB34061B.jpeg.ab9404e83e15da0f1e3814fcca036b3b.jpeg

2150FF3F-7C63-4B87-80C2-8D679D6E13A4.jpeg.b71bcdbf7d41a674d947327c453a2dd1.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So bit of an update. I must admit Slaanesh is so far on the back burners it's gone cold... but I do have a goal before his/her/it's glorious return. I have a couple of factions so close to finishing all the backlog I want to work through that, preferably before summer. So this is me trying to get that done with a two month old vying for attention 😂It's a hopeless assignment but.... I did start and these are the first results.

Garreks Reavers are done, meaning no more shadespire on the to-do:

DE0A3ADE-671D-4B2E-B6C7-02E0F86A03F8.jpeg.0e30e69c17180c89c81b609de442e9ba.jpeg

Also finished 5 Khinarai:

774328E4-58A2-4F81-8DCF-B51048A8E605.jpeg.1f756994071e14e874efe8f878e8ca2a.jpeg

Still to do: 9 feb.
Daughters of Khaine: 8 witch elves
Kahadron Overlords: 1 frigate, 1 navigator, 1 Khemist
Gutbusters: 1 overtyrant, 20 gnoblars, bits for a Butcher with Cauldron conversion
Stormcast: Lord Arcanum, Knight-incantor, 3 Evocators, 5 Castigators, 11 Sequitors, Balista
Nurgle: Skirmish warband, mix of nurglings, blightkings and probably Spume
Beast of Chaos: (a mate asked me to paint these for him, so we'll see) 3  Chaos Ogors, 1 Beastlord, 1 Khazrak the one eye, 9 gors
Skaven: 2 stormvermin, 2 Warplightning Cannon engineers, 9 Clanrats, 1 Gutter Runner, 3 Packmasters, 1 Ratling Gun team, 1 Warpfire gun team, Rat Ogre and Thanquol and Boneripper

Not to do list unless I change my mind: I also have a lot Skaven, Darkling Covens, Dwarfs and random bits and bobs unpainted. But that's in the long term box unless I need something for a campaign/narrative game. Although that Skaven release....

Edited by Kramer
Added pictures
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Rhivan said:

You know dude I really enjoy seeing your work.  Your conversions (not applicable here) as well as what you paint is always enjoyable to look at! Keep up the good work!

Thanks man! Greatly appreciated 

27 minutes ago, Rhivan said:

s for your still to do pile... good luck man you'll need it xD

And don’t I know it. I just need to force myself through the frigate. 😂 Been working and postponing it since may last year 

That Skaven release tho 😂Okay adding a bit to the list. Re-checking the frigate on mistakes tonight but I think it's done! Hurrah. So 1 model down, adding 28 extra...

but If I get those done I also knocked the Skaven backlog out of the park.* 💪

All the foot soldiers are getting the tabeltop treatment, changing the Rat Ogor a bit to have the exact pose twice and that Thanquol and Boneripper are getting the full conversion treatment.

Can't have the old rat be less imposing than his newer model. Also thinking about a way to be able to use them as a Grey seer and a Rat Ogor. 

B808814F-17E4-456C-94CD-DEBE489E5887.jpeg.73109c128c20babfc78c222acf6a3184.jpeg

On 2/9/2019 at 9:12 AM, Kramer said:

Still to do: 9 feb.
Kahadron Overlords: 1 frigate, 1 navigator, 1 Khemist
Gutbusters: 1 overtyrant, 20 gnoblars, bits for a Butcher with Cauldron conversion
Stormcast: Lord Arcanum, Knight-incantor, 3 Evocators, 5 Castigators, 11 Sequitors, Balista
Nurgle: Skirmish warband, mix of nurglings, blightkings and probably Spume
Beast of Chaos: (a mate asked me to paint these for him, so we'll see) 3  Chaos Ogors, 1 Beastlord, 1 Khazrak the one eye, 9 gors
Skaven: 2 stormvermin, 2 Warplightning Cannon engineers, 9 Clanrats, 1 Gutter Runner, 3 Packmasters, 1 Ratling Gun team, 1 Warpfire gun team, Rat Ogre and Thanquol and Boneripper

Not to do list unless I change my mind: I also have a lot Skaven, Darkling Covens, Dwarfs and random bits and bobs unpainted. But that's in the long term box unless I need something for a campaign/narrative game. Although that Skaven release....

*I do have 20 clanrats without a weapon arm for some reason and a globadier team that i'm not counting

Edited by Kramer

• 4 weeks later...

Big first step done in the backlog of the Skaven. Divided it into two parts. Specific clans in one pile and verminous masterclan in the other. 

Evrrything specific is done so as a reward i’m Working on the Rat Ogor that will get the master moulder buff. Can’t be someone’s pretty, without looking special. 

0CBC5476-FCA3-4D83-96E9-8CEE10C20D2C.jpeg.15d23fdf823c77b202f04a9a2860ee45.jpeg

FB0FFCAA-15AF-400F-AC20-E0FFBACF7A8C.jpeg.3b78b2822d7587215115d2bc3be7df09.jpeg

Currently held together with temporary poster putty I’m really excited and will finish the conversion soon. 

I was planning on something different when I found the bear trap ogor hand. I love the idea that somebody is hunting rat ogors with that oversized mouse trap and he’s just not having it! 

The gun and barrel are a must for me. None of the rat ogre models actually carry a gun but they still do have that profile,  super weird that GW didn’t remove that.

But im a bit on the fence about the horns. The main reason is to make him look bigger but it’s becoming a bit much. It does give him more presence though. 

Many thoughts? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just did  a small recount. Despite my ‘best efforts’ I managed to buy some stormcast and extra KO. Pictures of the already finished hunters & Neave blacktalon coming soon. Which I’m very happy with because I finally found my paint scheme for them :) 

Roughly in order of when I will attempt them (which roughly total 90 models, not that bad as backlogs go) :
Kahadron Overlords: 9 thunderers, 1 frigate, 1 navigator, KO Nightvault warband
Stormcast: Lord Arcanum, Knight-incantor, 3 Evocators, 5 Castigators, 11 Sequitors, Balista, 5 hunters, Neave blacktalon
Gutbusters: 1 Overtyrant, 20 gnoblars, bits for a Butcher with Cauldron conversion
Nurgle: Skirmish warband, mix of Nurglings, Blightkings and probably Spume

Dwarfs: 10 Old Skool Daemon Slayers, (converted) Runesmiter. 
Skaven: 2 Warplightning Cannon engineers, 9 Clanrats, 1 Gutter Runner, 3 Packmasters, 1 Ratling Gun team, 1 Warpfire gun team, Rat Ogre and Thanquol and Boneripper

In between things
Passion Projects: Slaanesh Mortals is my slow grow passion conversion project. So it's will flow through the year. Especially now with the new released named Keeper Secrets that kind of matches my conversion style. Also a Super Secret Ironclad conversion project if everything above is done!
Terrain: city table + swamp vs. Jungle table. Add/improve my cave/lava theme terrain. 

6852530F-C95F-4118-B307-B8B1168E1EE9.jpeg.8e7f8c8bcdb8b26118aa6e35dde2a4cd.jpeg

Test model for the new paint scheme. 

41747694-2809-40D6-AC93-20F429C366C8.jpeg.0d2a0b938af26705d04900fedb402807.jpeg

Current terrain progress

Edited by Kramer
Lay-out fixes
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

The fancy of the day is old slayer models. I just have to say, and it’s the main reason of the post, I just love painting them. Simple but they ooze character. Inspiring poses but all details easily accessible. Good excuse to play around with both Edge paints and the new contrast paints. Painting them in two badges , one of 5 and one of 6, and will play them as hearthguard bezerkers and runesmiter in my KO and Dispossessed lists  

CD7EC23D-B77F-4FA5-8C06-5952E5961995.jpeg.c8aaa58d48aef7e8d1d91290d3db6d4f.jpeg

using the yellow and red contrast paint for the hair. But I’m not risking smudges on it so it will be the last thing I paint  

QUESTION: I didn’t know about the edge paints. Besides a cool pastel colour what’s the point? Anybody know because except some unboxing’s I can’t find anything on it  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AGPO said:

The edge paints are re-formulated versions of the dry paint colours. People were thinning the edge colours to use as layers anyway so GW decided to just give the people what they want.

Great news! I just bought 2 more for cheap. But that makes it valid for a pastel coloured deepkin force or something. The beasties would look great in them. 

Maksimova got a contrast orange. So I can wet blend the hair a bit easier because red to yellow was a bit much. Excited to see, and share, the results

• 6 months later...

So here I am again. After summer 3 months of crazy overbooked work meant no painting but the mawtribes release pulled me out of the slump. Currently painting as crazy since then. But to many projects are bouncing through my head. So I’m back on the blogging path to get some overview. But first lousy picture of things I painted.

finally finished my 10 ‘Hearthguard bezerkers’. Super fun models to paint! 
090F2A83-6FB9-44A7-A2EF-D05638D64EB1.jpeg.21a9aecad6d0fae582bf56132185c0a7.jpeg

20 gnoblars build from all the decoration gnoblars.

B14F9ABB-D448-44DB-A857-B1DADFE3E56B.jpeg.e3dc61ce079e69f74708944a13c4b716.jpeg

Three leadbelchers and a glutton as test models for basing and the Oscar Lars skin tutorial. Really happy with the first results so I’ll keep practising it on the rest of my ogors.

DE92F2DD-CC5F-49FD-89E0-14FA0D2F320D.jpeg.2d49d88e751c520791f10dd9b55360f1.jpeg

for a game the first of January I want to lend out 1K of (vanguard focussed) stormcast as an incentive to get painting them. So far I’ve bought more than I build, let alone painted. To be continued on that front  

23854987-115F-4D3C-A1C3-335059B637CF.jpeg.2d6f771b3a94ab7b72e7a54fe345b954.jpeg

Edited by Kramer