Forbidden Colours - A Lahmian Army Plog

Even without the chariots if your skellies are still tomb kings ones and you can get tomb king heads / weapons for conversions then I think the theme will be kept nicely. Just have your tomb kings skeletons play like LoN regular skeletons. As for the chariots obv you can use them in generic death or you could possibly have them as counts as black knights possibly? Though you'd need 5 for that.

I think things look really nice so far and it would be cool to see that theme progress! A lot of stuff (like morghasts) would probably fit in well without much conversion just by keeping the egyptiany paint scheme.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Back with an update on Forbidden Colours phase 3 and bringing the army into the Legions of Nagash. As I explained before I am losing the chariots and the archers due to the new book so that means a new style and a new paint scheme. After much umming and ahhing, I have finally settled o a new scheme and style to the army. Following an annoyingly expensive trip to my local gw, I have completed a couple of test model skeletons showing the new colour scheme and basing.

test-skeletons-jpg.58721

So the purple is naggaroth Night with a nuln oil shade and highlights of Xereus purple and Dechala Lilac.
The bronze is Balthasar gold with
agrax earthshade and seraphim sepia shades with a highlight of Sycorax bronze.
The new bases are Mechanicus standard grey,
dawnstone drybrush, nuln oil shade and a light drybrush of tyrant skull.
I also picked up some Nihilakh oxide because my homemade one went all clumpy since the last time I used it.

As always comments and criticism are welcome.

Cheers,
The Gunslinger

20 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Maybe it's me but I think the picture is not showing!

It's working for me on my laptop and phone, how does it look now?

Anyway with a colour scheme settled on its time to start churning out those skeletons. Finished these ten off last night and have another ten on my desk for today. 

The plan is to re-paint the 30 I had finished from before plus an extra ten to give me a big unit of 40 with spears. 

IMG_1367

I'm also working on my necromancer, vampire and spirit host so more to come soon.

Cheers

Yesterday and this mornings progress have included another ten skeletons, bringing me up to a weird 22 finished. 

I have also re-based my spirit hosts with the new gravel style and included some nice purple on their extra-base details to help bind them to my army. 

IMG_1371

Mara my necromancer has also had her base re-done to match and has had some highlighting work done to her robes which I think improves things. I also had to make her a new staff as her old one broke during transport to games, which is why it's a lot shorter now. 

IMG_1370

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Got a few small updates today, I have been busy but spread out. 
First I have finished another 3 spirit hosts that brings the total to 6 overall. 

784284434_Spirithost.jpg.bf0fbfb4aa4e8f76fd5ef81af0c4f8e1.jpg

I have also started working on my wraith. He needs a bit more work. I want to use some green stuff to make it look like he is summoning up from the skeleton, like the spirit hosts. The reason I have had to do the extra base work was that I removed the stand bit ages ok when I had the idea to have him coming out of that big coffin if anyone remembers that. 

833291771_WraithWIP.jpg.238d1a1e83568d157351c7e0c7253c5d.jpg

I have also finished the first member of the command group for my skeletons, I used grave guard and black knights bits for this guy and I have a nice idea for a banner design which I am going to take a crack at when I summon the courage to do it. 

1484534875_StandardBearer.jpg.73f809e6ff6b62037cf508b051ed299e.jpg

And finally, just a little fun side project, gravesite markers. Just something I did when I was waiting for paint to dry on my other stuff. 

876735983_Gravesites.jpg.b79bcd897c7ea5ea478760d68a7baf96.jpg

Cheers

An exciting update today, well I think so, and I hope the pictures show for everyone first time around!

I bring you my converted female vampire lord on a nightmare.

1243570818_Vampire1.jpg.728b39839a98c35c59adf236a3af8626.jpg

Obviously, the nightmare is a chaos knight horse, which I like to think looks suitable brutish compared to the more delicate looking vampiress riding it. 

2016533404_Vampire2.jpg.d23d6c03029b1c7b123fa08259b10dca.jpg

I included the purple of the army colour scheme but also made her dress red to try and make her stand out as a general. Plus it's suitable sanguine. 

2021817278_Vampire3.jpg.309ab65562a9f3292675fdcdab889afd.jpg

I also finished the rest of my skeleton command group, which only leaves ten left. Which is testing me but I must carry on. Nagash demands it after all. 

Command.jpg.efe6f6cb794d569015c01bbf9a776429.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived