Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

7 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

So mercenary and pirate Dwarfs I guess can can kiss goodbye to their honourable previous incarnations. Makes you think what the Aelves are going to be like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fyreslayers are pretty honorable. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Oh dear! The sky is falling...

....hhmm, maybe the Kharadrons are actually OP as they'll be safe from afformentioned sky falling due to their SUPERMEGAOP ships!

I said if. Please read before being impolite.

And I did not say it has to be like that OR that it is the end of the world. It is just something that happens frequently and thus can be expected.

9 minutes ago, Grimblaze said:

Zoomed into see the awesomeness of a Metal Top Hat !!!

Then noticed ... is that two guns in his whiskers??

Guess if there were flamethrowers they'd be his 'side-burns' :D

MetalTopHat.jpg

I hope GW calls them side burners. 

Hm. If this was another game I'm on board to expect Powercreep.

But GW? I actually don't have seen in the past years a thrend of powercreep. New releases are totally random in their power level. Some are totally weak, and others wreck faces.

Tzeentch was not OP. Kurnouth Hunters are. Or Kurnuth. Karnouth. Blah. The tree mini men.

I like the Steampunk Aesetic. It Really appeals to my steampunk loving nature. I think what matters is the colour scheme for most of the models, if the metal was a darker warmer brown metal, with a few gold details i can see thes being amazing to look at.

I just cant stop staring at the big ship and think, I want that. Seems the sevants of change need a lick of paint quickly for the Steampunk Dwarf Skypirates have commondeered my interest.

Haven't been playing my old duardin since I'm not feeling it--probably a lack of fluff thing. Solo Fyreslayers still fun, will be way better soon :) These dudes are...interesting. I'm sure I'll pick some up but I kinda like solo-factions so probably kidding myself that I'd mix with duardin. Though, I do have 2 bombers and 6 copters from 8th ed collecting dust... :) 

Well, cool for somebody. Will be neat to have a different aesthetic in the game.

A little bummed about another gunline looking army. If Aelves turn out-ranges heavy too, not sure how long I'll stay with this game.

If I wanted to shoot each other all day I would just play 40K, or OverWatch [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Nasnad said:

They also show a different loadout for the balloon dudes in the trailer:

The helments are also really different on them

LOL RE: Bolt pistols.

Assault marines as we inch back to "Warhammer 20K; The Squat Heresy".

3 minutes ago, thediceabide said:

Chamon is the Realm of Metal, so that may be where the ship/crew is from?

Haha I was looking so hard at the "Kh" in "Kharadron" that I didn't even notice that it could easily be Chamon.  lol 

The rune that looks like 'K' hasn't really meant the 'ch' sound to my (admittedly limited) knowledge, but there's nothing else you could put in there to make a 'ch' anyway.  Closest match.

Love them, love the aesthetic. Awesome high fantasy stuff. New world let's make it insane and weird! As much as I loved beer guzzling foot slogging classic dwarfs this is just much cooler imo. I also love the idea that races have full armies that are totally different but can also work together if you wish. 

As far as is this to sci-fi? I don't really mind, happy to blur the lines in a crazy fictional world. Who says sci-fi and fantasy can't get along. 

Probably my next army :)

Might not be a popular opinion around here, but I'm not too impressed. The models themselves are great sculpts with amazing details, really like the infantry for example.

However, the whole aesthetic is a miss for me. Maybe it's coz I'm generally not a steampunk fan or that the Admiral looks like a Tech-Priest, but overall, it's not really the kind of image I get from AoS. I think most of these minis could even look better in w40k, which makes me wonder. Not to mention how far off the regular Dwarves they are (both Fyreslayers and Dispossessed).  Sounds like lack of cohesion to me and a bit too over the top.

Archived