Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DynamicCalories said:

I know that GW like for like currency conversion is usually incorrect but Thunders are $40 and £20, whilst the Knight Venator is $50 and £25. I can see the prices being a little higher than that, but it would set a nice precedent, especially as people have said the bits for the Thunderers will be important. 

US dollars? The Venator is $40 us and £25? [I'm in the uk so trying to work out the £ prices].

I'd like to know that too as I have no idea how to build them, the battalions seem expensive as from my calculations you can only take iron sky command and squadron together.. the grundstock wing is 1240 minimum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Has someone started a tactics thread yet in the order section?

There you go ;) 

Most of the stuff I have seen at the moment seems to be from War of Sigmar rumour site - https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1896

I have some doubts over some of the things they are getting excited about due to how units operate whilst being embarked but I'm waiting to see the book.

16 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

How so? :o

Some rumour sites have pictures of the unit costs so you can work it out from there. Personally, I'm waiting a few days so I can read the book rather than having it all disjointed from different websites and rumour people ;) 

59 minutes ago, Volund said:

One of those sites just put up this picture in case anyone wants to be different from Gaz and enjoy it all disjointed but today instead of Saturday ;) 

IMG_1524.JPG

that makes me a little sad; the squadron would have been perfect at 60 points as it could have been used with an admiral at 1,000 points. it being 80 makes it go over that =(

7 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Is this the first book to not include the base rules inside it?  

That's the going rumor. I'm totally good with a revamp of the 4 pages of core rules, it's not like we have to buy a big book for it or anything (cough cough 7th edition 40K cough cough).

48 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

that makes me a little sad; the squadron would have been perfect at 60 points as it could have been used with an admiral at 1,000 points. it being 80 makes it go over that =(

It's almost like they planned it that way for some sort of balance or something. ☺

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

It's almost like they planned it that way for some sort of balance or something. ☺

Is it really a big balance issue though? Because you could take a khemist or navigator and get a triumph because you are only at 980. I think it is more coincidental that it is so close and if it were meant to balance against certain heroes in 1000 pt games it would have made more sense to do it as 100 or 60. I think it is probably A) balanced toward 2000pt games or B) (more likely) they just looked at what bonuses it gave and said, "eh, looks like an 80" then did a few playtests and said, "that seemed pretty reasonable"

13 hours ago, Volund said:

Is it really a big balance issue though? Because you could take a khemist or navigator and get a triumph because you are only at 980. I think it is more coincidental that it is so close and if it were meant to balance against certain heroes in 1000 pt games it would have made more sense to do it as 100 or 60. I think it is probably A) balanced toward 2000pt games or B) (more likely) they just looked at what bonuses it gave and said, "eh, looks like an 80" then did a few playtests and said, "that seemed pretty reasonable"

I should hope this is along the lines of the process they follow. Not that matched play is particularly balanced anyway, but convenience of list building has no place in determining the points cost of a unit or battalion! I imagine this is why they include points for the mega battalions that are unlikely to ever see play even in open!

Just looking at white dwarf again and noticed the Admiral Is pictured with two hammerheads - one is larger and seems to be stone the other smaller and metal. Looking at the sprue there is just the smaller with no option yet the painted admiral on GW site has the larger type. I think I prefer the smaller one aesthetically (which is still massive!) But what is this other hammer? Just a conversion?

Archived