Skyrigger (Balloon) Hero: Brokk Grungsson

Balloon Dwarves: Skyriggers

10 man infantry unit: Arkanaut Company

5 man heavy unit: Grundstok Thunderers

Single-handed Hammer hero: Arkanaut Admiral

Guy with all the weathervane stuff: Aetheric Navigator

Guy with the chemcail set and hand-held sprayer: Aether Khemyst

Two-handed hammer hero: Endrinmaster

Edit: I've just seen @mhsellwood did this earlier in the thread - not trying to bump your thunder!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Wonder how long we're going to have to wait for this lot?

April they're stated as dropping. I would imagine we will get a character and troops, then another hero or two, one ship and the elite infantry, then the big ships and balloon guys.

I certainly can see these doubling for 40k models.  I'm sure fan-made codices are being formulated as I type.  Could even see a SM proxy in this army. The studio PJs aren't doing anything for me. I look forward to what the interwebz can do with these models.  

31 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

For those interested as well, the rest of the names are as follows

Skyrigger (Balloon) Hero: Brokk Grungsson

Balloon Dwarves: Skyriggers

10 man infantry unit: Arkanaut Company

5 man heavy unit: Grundstok Thunderers

Single-handed Hammer hero: Arkanaut Admiral

Guy with all the weathervane stuff: Aetheric Navigator

Guy with the chemcail set and hand-held sprayer: Aether Khemyst

Two-handed hammer hero: Endrinmaster

Edit: I've just seen @mhsellwood did this earlier in the thread - not trying to bump your thunder!

Looking at the Ironclad, there appears to be a dude who looks very like the Aetheric Navigator in the crow's nest. Same curved beard, similar navigator orbs/gubbins. Makes me wonder if he might be a bit like the Fyreslayer heroes with the magmadroth or the saurus heroes with the carnosaur; if you don't stick him on the mount, you get to use him on foot.

Also based on the WHC post, looks like gryocopters are a no-go, these are explicitly said to have evolved past the flying machines of the dispossessed.

That's a great spot! I hope we get some more infantry and another named hero too.

Someone pointed out on the AoS facebook group that the tesla-coil model from the rumour engine seems very similar to this colour scheme but is absent from this announcement, I still want my steam-Ahab! 

"From Aqshy's heart I stab at thee!"

I like the look on everything but the Balloon Dwarves.  Not feeling them at all.  I won't be buying them but I think these will be popular.  I agree with a few comments about powercreep, I would not be surprised to see these massively over powered.

1 hour ago, chord said:

I agree with a few comments about powercreep, I would not be surprised to see these massively over powered.

Have there been some rules revealed that I've missed then? Seen a few comments like this now!

Gotta love nerds on the internet! Complaining stuff is OP before there's even an inclination of what the rules actually are! Haha :P 

Just now, Chris Tomlin said:

Have there been some rules revealed that I've missed then? Seen a few comments like this now!

Gotta love nerds on the internet! Complaining stuff is OP before there's even an inclination of what the rules actually are! Haha :P 

LOL

I love the release by the way, even if it's not over powered.....

Chris, mate. They've got guns mate. And because ranged is OP, these guys are OP. We have no idea how they play, but they're OP. They might have rules that make the guns really well considered inside the combat of AoS, given all the rules are warscroll based, but until we can verify that, they are obviously OP. Count the ways they can shoot you. How many ways can Chaos shoot you? Or Orruks? Or Death? Order has all the guns, and therefore order is OP.  Nerf Order, IMO. Nerf guns, make it so that units with guns can only run around and shout "bang" and "dakka" and then in combat they hit the enemy with their guns. Only way to fix it mate. Make a recast of Slambo, but call him BLAMBO, he holds two guns by their barrels and batters people with the handles. 

3 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Chris, mate. They've got guns mate. And because ranged is OP, these guys are OP. We have no idea how they play, but they're OP.

Karnak sees the next topic:

"How does my Destruction army deal with a KO gunline?"

7 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Make a recast of Slambo, but call him BLAMBO, he holds two guns by their barrels and batters people with the handles. 

Now people at work are wondering why I'm laughing  :D

1 minute ago, DynamicCalories said:

"It's simple, we kill the Boatman." 

"Boatman? No one EVER fields a Boatman.  Their synergies are sub-optimal. They always field those unkillable 10 wound, 2+save Admirals that auto-kill my entire army, and me, with a dearth of mortal wound capability"

If they will be OP they won't be OP because of shooting. Other armies have shooting and aren't good nonetheless, Seraphon come to mind.

They will be OP because they are new.

That's called power creep and you don't have to be psychic to anticipate it. You just have to be experienced with games. It happens all the time and also often gets fixed with later releases.

15 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Make a recast of Slambo, but call him BLAMBO, he holds two guns by their barrels and batters people with the handles. 

This forum needs the crying with laughter emoji! #lolz

(And I didn't even type SLAMBRO in bold green writing!)

1 minute ago, roberto said:

"Boatman? No one EVER fields a Boatman.  Their synergies are sub-optimal. They always field those unkillable 10 wound, 2+save Admirals that auto-kill my entire army, and me, with a dearth of mortal wound capability"

TBH as a Nurgle player Mortal Wounds are a sore spot, but who cares, I have hundreds of sore spots! 

*badum-tshh-prrrfffththt*

1 minute ago, DynamicCalories said:

@Ollie Grimwood Aelves have always had a bit of a precedent of being really high and mighty though, I reckon we'll see them drawing on Japanese/Oriental influence, very wary of outsiders and willing to deal with transgressors with extreme and overpowered prejudice. 

Fixed that for you bro. Don't forget, they'll be new after all! ;) 

5 hours ago, Ulrock said:

Have to say I'm on the fence. I have been a dwarf player since 2008 and these are slowly growing on me. That being said, love the video! Anyone have any ideas where to find music like that :P. Going to go watch some Black Sails in prep for some Dwarf Sails!

Its the Dwarf Theme of the MMORPG: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning of 2008. In their trailers they use music from their videogames. I love that detail.

Archived