Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Volund said:

But as long as you have two boats, you can leap-frog.

Drop out of the first one, use your ability, move the second one up close. Next turn, use the abity again and jump into the second boat before you move it.

Or deploy behind the boat, abilify it, then hop on and move. That would be useful for maximising first turn firepower wile still letting him fly around to where he is needed for the rest of the game.

If you mean use the Aether-khemists on the sky vessels I'm afraid not as they lack the skyfarer keyword necessary to take the attack buff :(

Oh, that is true, but I was more trying to think about ways around the fact you cannot buff from inside ships. So you would have to do this to things outside the ship. Maybe some balloonmen for turn 1 shooting. But yeah, you couldnt do the Khemist buff on the actual ships

Just now, Thomas Lyons said:

Unlikely since this release is so close to GHB2 release.  This is an interesting development.  

If you mean interesting that i now need two foot units and ill have to sacrifice at least 1 gunhauler from my 1k list sure. 

2 minutes ago, April said:

If you mean interesting that i now need two foot units and ill have to sacrifice at least 1 gunhauler from my 1k list sure. 

Boats > footsloggers (even if they get to ride boats).

I mean surely the balloon dorfs qualify? :(

3 minutes ago, Emicus said:

Boats > footsloggers (even if they get to ride boats).

I mean surely the balloon dorfs qualify? :(

I will have 3-9 depending on what I field. I think ill buy the company half way through. Next on my list is Balloon dudes and chemist.

21 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I talked to a distributor today and apparently only the Thunderers (5 for $40) and Gunship ($50) are going on preorder this week.

Cheers for the prices! So that will be £25 for the Thunderers and £30 for the Gunship. Pretty good for the gunship and not horrible for the thunderers. Really want to get the Skywardens  but the Thunderers are very tempting...

24 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I talked to a distributor today and apparently only the Thunderers (5 for $40) and Gunship ($50) are going on preorder this week.

I was going to say I'd heard from another distributor they were all coming in for preorder this week...but I think we are both talking about the same source :)

53 minutes ago, Dez said:

I was going to say I'd heard from another distributor they were all coming in for preorder this week...but I think we are both talking about the same source :)

We are and he has updated the info to say that only the Thunderers and Gunship are dropping this week.

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Huzzah! that means bits will be copious and plentiful if thunderers are that "Cheap"! I only hope the balloon boys will be $35 if the box is of 3. 

I would hope if they are splitting up the releases like this it means they are working on making more companies, as I believe they are all out of stock as of now.

I know that GW like for like currency conversion is usually incorrect but Thunders are $40 and £20, whilst the Knight Venator is $50 and £25. I can see the prices being a little higher than that, but it would set a nice precedent, especially as people have said the bits for the Thunderers will be important. 

Archived