Frigate:

99120205018_ArkanautFrigate07.jpg

99120205018_ArkanautFrigate08.jpg

Arkanaut Company:

99120205020_ArkanautCompany05.jpg

99120205020_ArkanautCompany06.jpg

Admiral:

99070205012_ArkanautAdmiral04.jpg

The only think that I don't like? The Arkanaut only give you 1 of the 3 tipes of special weapons. So if you want 3 of the same type, you need ot look for bitz, do conversions, or buy 2 more boxes :D 

Sprue time!

Frigate:

99120205018_ArkanautFrigate07.jpg
99120205018_ArkanautFrigate08.jpg
Arkanaut Company:
99120205020_ArkanautCompany05.jpg
99120205020_ArkanautCompany06.jpg
Admiral:
99070205012_ArkanautAdmiral04.jpg

The only think that I don't like? The Arkanaut only give you 1 of the 3 tipes of special weapons. So if you want 3 of the same type, you need ot look for bitz, do conversions, or buy 2 more boxes [emoji3] 

You are probably going to need 3 anyway for battleline unless, you can get those thunder guys some how.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The two biggest drawbacks (beyond their systemic weaknesses like how they are glass cannons) I see so far are the lack of an ability to combine KO with other Duardin factions, particularly Karak-Thryng who even have a Fyreslayer in their symbol.  Seems like a real missed opportunity.  

The other disappointment is regarding weapon load outs and sprues.  Even though it says that you can equip 3 special weapons per 10 Arkanaut Company (that you get to pick from a list), they only give you one of each of the four special weapons total.  This means that if you want to make that 30 man unit of Company with 9 Light Skyhooks, then you have to buy 9 boxes of Arkanaut Companies so that you can field this 30 many unit (which should only take 3 boxes!)  If the thunders are similar, it will be an even worse situation.  To field a 10 man unit of any one weapon, you will need to buy 10 boxes (!) of that unit instead of 2!  Simply crazy.  

3 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

The two biggest drawbacks (beyond their systemic weaknesses like how they are glass cannons) I see so far are the lack of an ability to combine KO with other Duardin factions, particularly Karak-Thryng who even have a Fyreslayer in their symbol.  Seems like a real missed opportunity.  

That's not a weakness. That's like saying every elf faction has a weakness cuz it can't ally with other elves

3 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

That's not a weakness. That's like saying every elf faction has a weakness cuz it can't ally with other elves

I didn't say weakness; I called it a drawback of the release and a missed opportunity.  It would be like having a subfaction of aelves where that has symbolic representations of both White Lions and Swordmasters in the iconography, and lore that supports such an alliance but you can't actually field the White Lions with the Swordmasters without losing all the subfaction abilities.  Again, its a missed opportunity.

14 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

The other disappointment is regarding weapon load outs and sprues.  Even though it says that you can equip 3 special weapons per 10 Arkanaut Company (that you get to pick from a list), they only give you one of each of the four special weapons total.  This means that if you want to make that 30 man unit of Company with 9 Light Skyhooks, then you have to buy 9 boxes of Arkanaut Companies so that you can field this 30 many unit (which should only take 3 boxes!)  If the thunders are similar, it will be an even worse situation.  To field a 10 man unit of any one weapon, you will need to buy 10 boxes (!) of that unit instead of 2!  Simply crazy.  

Looks like you get two of the weapon sprues in the ten man box. So yeah you can't max out on one weapon but 2 out of 3 isn't so bad. No idea on the thunderers though. Probably get two of each weapon at best I imagine. I may convert my old iron drakes into thunderes with canons

1 minute ago, Adolphus said:

Looks like you get two of the weapon sprues in the ten man box. So yeah you can't max out on one weapon but 2 out of 3 isn't so bad. No idea on the thunderers though. Probably get two of each weapon at best I imagine. I may convert my old iron drakes into thunderes with canons

I believe someone who has a box in hand has said you only get one of each weapon type.  I'd love to be proven wrong.

Just put my pre-order in. Bit tight for cash so only got the book & cards this week (plus I'm hoping I can get Thunderers as battleline, so want to hold off on any plastic just yet).

The stick to the code cards look like fun. They're basically a set of cards featuring the various artycles, amendments, and footnotes you can choose for the allegiance abilities.

Screenshot_20170415-130531_1.jpg

Archived