Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wesley

Potential Stormcast Eternals Army Lists - 2000pts

Hello,

I have a few potential army lists for Stormcast Eternals that I have been considering and was hoping for some constructive input.

List #1: Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber (Hammerstrike Force) - Stormcast Eternals Allegiance:

>Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber (Battalion – 80pts)
    -Lord Celestant (Leader – General - 100pts) 
        Trait: Staunch Defenders    Artefact: Mirrorshield
    -Lord Relictor (Leader – 80pts)
        Artefact: Mirrorshield    Prayer: Lightning Chariot
        Artefact: Mirrorshield    Prayer: Lightning Chariot
    -5x Judicators w/Bows & Prime with Shockbolt Bow (Battleline – 160pts)
    -5x Liberators w/Sword & Shield & Prime with Grandblade (Batteline – 100pts)
    -1x Gryph Hound (40pts)
>Hammerstrike Force (Battalion – 120pts)
        -9x Prosecutors with Stormcal Javeins
 w/Prime & 3 Tridents (240pts)
        -10x Paladin Retributors w/Prime & 4 Maces (440pts)
        -5x Paladin Protectors w/Prime & 2 Maces (200pts)
        -5x Paladin Protectors w/Prime & 2 Maces (200pts)
/Total 2000pts

Description: 

Spoiler

Deployment is pretty much in one tight block so that pretty much everything is within the +1 armour bubble around the Lord Celestant due to the command trait; also for potential teleporting so key units within 3" of the two Lord Relictors. Opening move is to either fly or teleport (via Relictor prayer) up the Prosecutors to drop the Paladin offense; either in one drop if needed or spread out; depending on threat faced. Also the shooting on such a large unit of Prosecutors can put a bent in quite a bit. Judicators are used to secure closest objectives and shoot off key targets or weaken key spots. Liberators are teleported up to claim further objective via the Relictor prayer. Also the prayers on the two Relictors allow me to teleport the Lord Celestant up behind the dropped Paladins to get the Retributors a +1 to hit via the Lord Celestant's command ability; so that doing mortal wounds on 5+ instead of 6+; also helps in reaching targets with the Lord Celestant's hammer cloak shooting attack which I am quite enjoying using. Gryph Hound is setup to best protect against units popping up around the Judicators; and had extra points. Taking Mirrorshield on all the heroes in my list as I am finding it very good at protecting my heroes. Also liking the Lightning Storm ability on the Lord Relictors to pass out -1 to hit into key units; especially since you can use the prayer teleport to insure they are within range for the Storm. Overall I find this list is a good combo of alpha strike strength backup up by a few movement tricks to grab objectives and decent amount of shooting. Only thing I have been failing at remembering is the re-rolls in certain circumstances granted by the Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber.

List #2: Aetherstrike Force - Stormcast Eternals Allegiance:

>Aetherstrike Force (Battalion – 80pts)
    -Knight-Venator (Leader – 120pts)
        Artefact: Luckstone
    -Knight-Azyros (Leader – 80pts)
    -3x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows w/Prime (160pts)
    -9x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows w/Prime (540pts)
    -3x Aetherwings (60pts)
    -3x Aetherwings (60pts)
>Outside Battalions:
    -Lord-Aquilor (Leader – General – 200pts)
        Trait: Staunch Defenders    Artefact: Mirrorshield    Steed Trait: Savage Loyalty
        Prayer: Lightning Chariot
        Prayer: Lightning Chariot
    -5x Vanguard-Hunters w/Storm Sabre & Prime with Astral Compass (Batteline – 140pts)
    -1x Gryph Hound (40pts)
    -1x Gryph Hound (40pts)
/Total 2000pts

Description: 

Spoiler

Deployment is pretty much in one tight block so that pretty much everything is within the +1 armour bubble around the Lord-Aquilor; except the Hunters which will not deploy on the board instead setting up as per their compass rules in order to try and claim a further objective. Opening play is to try and teleport via the prayers on the Lord Relictors the Knight-Azyros to at least within 12" of enemy models; though 8" or 10" is more ideal. 10" because then any shooting gets to re-roll 1s on targets within 10" of Knight-Azyros. If can pull off within 8" of a bunch of enemy units then can also activate the Knight-Azyros' Light of Sigmar to do some mortal wound damage to the enemy. Using the battalion ability can get a free shot in hero phase on targets within the 12"; this also works for the 2 units of Aetherwings but best not to commit the Aetherwings and the Knight-Azyros all at once; and the Knight-Azyros is the best due to the other two abilities. Though a point could be made to use a unit of Aetherwings first and hold off on the Knight -Azyros till turn 2 as might be better positioned at that point to get maximum effect from it. Also get free shots anytime a unit dies from the battalion. The unit that should be taking all of the free shots is the 9 man unit fo Longstrike Vanguard-Raptors as they should be able to do quite a bit with so many free shooting chances. Lord-Aquilor is used to re-position the 9 man unit of Longstrike Vanguard-Raptors once the enemy gets too close and the Lord-Aquilor will go with them. The two Lord Relictors make use of their teleporting prayers in the early game teleporting the Knight-Azyros and the Aetherwings up in the Hero phase; and then later in the game they are used to claim objectives or to attempt to re-position my shooting when the enemy gets close. Also can make use for the Lightning and Healing Storms they have. Gryph Hounds are used to try and protect against Alpha Strike lists by getting more free shooting. I have yet to get a chance to try this list out yet and still putting together the Vanguard-Raptors; but very much looking forward to giving this a spin.

Alternative:

Spoiler

Though I have considered if the list would work better as the below. Less focused on the Aetherstirke Force but gives me a threat in the unit of 4 Fulminators so it forces my opponent to either strike at the Fulminators or my backline shooting. If they focus on the backline shooting then Fulminators get to hit them in the face for some nice damage; or if they focus on bringing the Fulminators down the longer I have to use my backline shooting to do damage. So lose 3 Vanguard-Raptors from the main unit to do the free shooting with and also forced to use Libertators instead of Hunters for further objective capturing and have to rely on only the Lord Relictors' prayers to re-position army as to get Fuminiators forced to drop Lord-Aquilor. Definitely going to try both options to see which one works best.

>Aetherstrike Force (Battalion – 80pts)
    -Knight-Venator (Leader – 120pts)
    -3x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows w/Prime (180pts)
    -6x Vanguard-Rapors with Longstrike Crossbows w/Prime (360pts)
    -3x Aetherwings (60pts)
    -3x Aetherwings (60pts)
>Outside Battalions:
    -Lord Relictor (Leader – General – 80pts)
        Trait: Staunch Defenders    Artefact: Mirrorshield    Prayer: Lightning Chariot
        Artefact: Mirrorshield         Prayer: Lightning Chariot
    -5x Liberators w/Sword & Shield & Prime with Grandblade (Batteline – 100pts)
    -4x Fulminators (480pts)
/Total 2000pts

List #3: Double Vanguard Wing: Stormcast Eternals Allegiance:

>Vanguard Wing (Battalion – 100pts)
    -3x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins w/Prime with Trident (80pts)
    -10x Liberators w/Sword & Shield & Prime with Grandblade (Batteline – 200pts)
>Vanguard Wing (Battalion – 100pts)
    -10x Liberators w/Sword & Shield & Prime with Grandblade (Batteline – 200pts)
>Outside Battalions:
    -Lord Celestant on Dracoth (Leader – General – 220pts)
        Equip: Thunderaxe & Shield
        Trait: Staunch Defenders     Artefact: Obsidian Blade     Steed Trait: Keen-clawed
    -Lord Celestant on Dracoth (Leader – 220pts)
        Equip: Thunderaxe & Shield
        Artefact: Obsidian Blade     Steed Trait: Keen-clawed
        Artefact: Mirrorshield        Prayer: Lightning Chariot
/Total 2000pts

Description: 

Spoiler

This list uses the 6 units of Procescutors to harass the enemy units and use their surprisingly potent shooting to do some damage. The 2 units of Judicators stay back a supply support fire while holding closest objective. The two ten man Liberators units teleport via the battalion rules to claim further objectives. The Lord Relictor acts as a support piece making use of his teleport to move either himself or other units to key spots or out of harms way; also his two Storm abilities are quite useful. Though and point could be made that I should run Bless Weapons prayer instead so that I can boost the shooting on the Judicators since I already have teleport via the battalion teleporting Liberators.  The two Lord Celestants on Dracoths stay close to each other so that both get the +1 armour save from the command trait; also due to how the Thunderaxe works want to keep a few other units close so that these two heroes hit as hard as they can when they close with the enemy; both have been optimized for maximum damage output. Also during deployment can use the General to protect the Judicators and other units with the command trait for the opening turn(s). The Liberators can also be teleported in to help the two Lord Celestants on Dracoths out especially since Liberators with +1 armour are even hard to crack. 

I know my post is long just get carried away with all of the new Stormcast Enternals options under the new Battletome. And very much excited to try out some new lists; since before the book pretty much only used Warrior Brotherhood or The Skyborne Slayers. There are other battalions that I wish worked at 2000pts; but sadly they are either above 2000pts or so close 2000pts that cannot get the other stuff one would need in a list. Might have to consider a few 2500pts lists for the future; if I can get my local community on board. But for now forcing on getting a solid two lists together at 2000pts.

Please let me know what you think; any feedback would be appreciated.

-Wes

Edited by Wesley
  • Like 2

I like these. The double vanguard in particular is interesting!

Here's the latest list I made today whilst messin about:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Lord Celestant On Stardrake (600)
- Stormbound Blade
- Artefact: Armour of Destiny
- Stardrake Trait: Thunderlord
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Lord Castellant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (360)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)
Thunderhead Brotherhood (80)

Total: 2000/2000