Stormcast 1000pt Tourney List

ernestern

I have a 1000 pt tourney coming up.  Below is the list I am considering.

There will be nine other opponents.  I know that I will be facing another Stormcast Army (He has revealed that his list will be built around a Hammerstrike Force Battalion), a Nurgle Army, two Sylvaneth Armies, Khorne Bloodbound, Fyreslayers, and three unknown.  I've only played against Khorne and Ironjawz.

I keep bouncing between the Lord-Celestant or the Lord-Castellant, or possibly working in the Lord-Veritant as the General.  I am not sure of the most effective artifact to give them.

Thoughts?

Pitched Battle (1,000)

• Allegiance

• Stormcast Eternals

Battle Trait: Scions of the Storm

• Leader (180pts)

• Lord-Celestant on foot (100pts)

General, Command Trait: Staunch Defender

• Lord-Relictor (80pts)

Prayer: Bless Weapons

• Battleline (520pts)

• Judicators (160pts)

5x Judicators, Shockbolt Bow, Skybolt Bow

• Judicators (160pts)

5x Judicators, Shockbolt Bow, Skybolt Bow

• Liberators (200pts)

10x Liberators, Warhammer and Shield, 2x Grandhammer

• Other (300pts)

• Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80pts)

3x Prosecutors, Stormsurge Trident

• Retributors (220pts)

5x Retributors, 2x Starsoul Mace

1 hour ago, Lord Aquillor said:

Since you only need two battleline at 1k games, I would combine the Judicators into one Unit to maximize the Bless Weapons.  

I considered that and even ran a few games with that set up.  

My observations:

• I found that the Bless Weapons Prayer more often went to the melee units (which maximizes its effectiveness getting used twice a battle round rather than the one time during my shooting phase.)  
  • People tended to go after the missile units, and having two units could further divide their forces as they chase them down.  
  • Having an extra unit gives me a little more flexibility going after and holding objectives and whatnot.  
  • If the scenario or opponent's force should dictate, I can use Scions of the Storm and hold them back at setup and having two units increases the chances of at least one of them lightning striking in during my movement phase.

Other than the first turn, one big unit of archers didn't seem to gain me much, and I felt a little hamstrung with them after that turn.  Unless I am just using them different than you...

Ran the same list this weekend at Warhammer world's triumph and treachery except I used castelant and knight azyros instead of prosecutors. The azyros helped the judicators cause damage while the castelant buffed the liberators with the lantern and staunch defender. Very happy with the results.

14 hours ago, ernestern said:

I considered that and even ran a few games with that set up.  

My observations:

• I found that the Bless Weapons Prayer more often went to the melee units (which maximizes its effectiveness getting used twice a battle round rather than the one time during my shooting phase.)  
  • People tended to go after the missile units, and having two units could further divide their forces as they chase them down.  
  • Having an extra unit gives me a little more flexibility going after and holding objectives and whatnot.  
  • If the scenario or opponent's force should dictate, I can use Scions of the Storm and hold them back at setup and having two units increases the chances of at least one of them lightning striking in during my movement phase.

Other than the first turn, one big unit of archers didn't seem to gain me much, and I felt a little hamstrung with them after that turn.  Unless I am just using them different than you...

That is a great point I hadn't thought of.  Honestly I am just theory crafting here as I havent had a chance to use my Judicators yet.  I have just used Bless on my Hunters at this point. 

8 hours ago, Tom_bridges said:

Ran the same list this weekend at Warhammer world's triumph and treachery except I used castelant and knight azyros instead of prosecutors. The azyros helped the judicators cause damage while the castelant buffed the liberators with the lantern and staunch defender. Very happy with the results.

I love this setup.  With the growing community in my area, I try not to stack saves too much as it tends to make people not want to play.  As the community grows and gets more competitive, Ill bust out the 2+ Libbies rerolling 1s. :)  

Hello !
I am going to an event quite soon and i have trouble making a list. Can you help me point what is ok and what is not in my list?
Thanks a lot! <3

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
Knight Heraldor (120)
Knight Vexillor (140)
- Meteoric Standard

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
Total: 1000/1000

Does anyone feel that it is quite hard to find any Stormcast battalion to fit in 1,000 pt. list?
I tried to find some decent list with a battalion for tomorrow battles, but almost all battalions needs more (and much much more) than 1,000 pt.

I come up with this but want to know your opinion.
My opponent tomorrow would be Ironjawz and Skaven. The battleplan maybe Convergence of Fate (3-4 Players) but with Matched Play rule.

Leader

• Lord-Celestant 100pts

Battlelines

• 5×Liberators with Warhammer & Sigmarite Shield with 1 Grandhammer 100pts
  • 5×Judicators with Skybolt Bow with 1 Shockbolt Bow 160pts

Other Units

• 5×Retributors with 1 Starsoul Mace 220pts
  • 5×Retributors with 1 Starsoul Mace 220pts
  • 3×Prosecutors with Stormcall Jevelins with 1 Stormsurge Trident 80pts

Warscroll Battalion

• Hammerstrike Force 120pts

Total: 1,000pts

I don't know yet which Command Trait or Artefact should I use.

Ironjawz? Well it'll be a tough fight. You only have 1 real shooting (lord celestant and javelins doesn't really count...), and you need to thin out their ranks quickly since you only have 1 unit of liberators to hold the line. If you deploy your retributors off table, you'll need to keep your prosecutor alive, and then hope your retributors make the charge, or stay alive long enough to cross the 9" distance.

Here's my suggestion: replace 1 retributor with decimators. Don't forget, both skaven and ironjawz have pretty average bravery (same with your stormcast boys unfortunately), and decimators may be able to work better against the skaven.

Now the second thing, which may or may not turn out to be crucial: don't forget the Lord Relictor's lightning storm causes a -1 to hit. My 5 man liberator squad with shields weathered 60 attacks from ghouls (who has 3 attacks each, and have bases small enough that 2 ranks can reach with 1" range), only taking 1 casualty and 1 more wound (total 3 wounds from the ghouls hitting on 5+ and me saving on 3+ rerolling 1s). Bringing a lord relictor (who himself is a pretty good melee fighter, with a 3+ save) allows you to deal with hordes easier, imo.

Finally, you're banking everything on your retributors to do damage. I think that's risky. 2 units of 5 retributors can be wiped out in one turn, they're not exactly tanky units, and you don't really have the means to improve their saves (no lord castellant). It's a big gamble, and I'd rather gamble it on scions of the storm rather than a hammerstrike (with those points you can get a castellant in, and you can drop the prosecutors for a relictor).

Just my 2 cents!

On 3/14/2017 at 9:45 PM, Frame said:
Hello !
I am going to an event quite soon and i have trouble making a list. Can you help me point what is ok and what is not in my list?
Thanks a lot! <3

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
Knight Heraldor (120)
Knight Vexillor (140)
- Meteoric Standard

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
Total: 1000/1000

LCoD in 1k points is nasty. Heraldor helps him disengage and charge again, getting that sweet extra d3 attacks. Now all you need is a proper artefact, command trait, and dracoth trait to go with it, and your LCoD will probably be your hardest hitting unit in the list.

Vexillor on the other hand... what's it going to do? Drop mortal wounds once per game and that's it? I don't think it's worth its points, especially since you don't have any totems to go with it. I say at 140 points it's a pretty expensive unit to take in a 1k game. You're running 2 juds and none of them should need the re-roll charges, so only your LCoD and protectors can benefit from it, which is pretty underwhelming (LCoD can get an artefact to boost charges).

As for protectors, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with them. They are squishy by themselves (4+ saves crumbles vs. rend), and you need to slowly lug your way to enemy monsters (which there won't be much in 1k games) for them to do anything useful.

Here's my suggestion: drop the vexillor and protectors outright. That's 340 points you get to play around with. Maybe get 1 more judicator squad to be extra shooty, and 1 lord relictor to drop debuffs (-1 to hit) and mortal wounds on the enemy, especially useful vs. hordes. Next, with that extra 100 points, either get a unit of liberators to hold the line against your juds, or a lord celestant (for that +1 to hit) or lord castellant (for that +1 save) depending on where you want to use them.

- Judicator (160)

- Lord Relictor (80) (do also consider swapping out for Azyros at the same points, since you are going full shooty)

- Lord Celestant/Lord Castellant (100)

Alternatively, with 340 points you can also get 10x liberators, and a lord castellant with gryph hound (140 points). Make the 2 liberators into one unit, and plock the lord castellant near them, giving them constant +1 save (3+ save in total, rerolling 1s), making an excellent tarpit while your LCoD and juds run around killing ******, and heraldor dropping mortal wounds on enemy heroes trying to hide in terrain from your shooting. Lord castellant is a very powerful fighter himself, and the gryph hound near him is pretty killy, though easily picked off with shooting so there's that.

- 2x Liberators (200)

- Lord Castellant (100)

- Gryph Hound (40)

Yes the protectors are a bit hamstred by those kind of points. And they are slow as well. I would have a unit of Vanguard instead of the vexillor. Those guys are excellent at killing hiding wizards.. And I would use the celestant on foot instead of the trumpet guy. +1 to hit is amazing! 

And prosecutor with javelins (at over nine inch damage 2) for 80p is a steal. 

=) 

13 hours ago, Bicepsmicke said:

Yes the protectors are a bit hamstred by those kind of points.

Well, i do not agree. Paladins pack a lot of punck for a 1000 point game and the unit is pretty much online as long as the wound count is no more than 11.

They might be slow but Scions is a thing now and the -1 to be hit on shooting is great.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sailor Holt said:

Hey you guys mind looking over my 1000pt list ? Kinda new and help would be appreciated :)

Lord Castellant (100)

Knight venator (120)

10x Liberators (200)

5x Judicators (160)

3x longstrikes (180)

2x Fulminators (240)

In my opinion it's VERY solid. ;)
I would be tempted to take a Lord Heraldor instead of Venator- Longstrikes and Judicators are shooty enough. You could run and charge with Fulmintaros thanks to Heraldor.

i test  this roster 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Drakescale Armour 

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
2 x Tempestors (240)
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Total: 1000/1000
Not bad, have answers for many question.

I recently fielded a similar list in a tournament, minus liberators and tempetors and plus judicators and Jav'prosecutors.

The point for me is that i had a lor of problems with the manipulation of the army.

First, having so many units, you will never get to choose who go first. Which is something important.

Second, 1000 point games are a monster fest and a lor of player want to field as many behemoth as possible, stacked on a 2+ rerollable sage. In that cases, The starsoul maces rules them all.

But you will have a lot of trouble to deliver them in the right combat. I often relied on a 9" charge scions of the storm and that was a bad decision, even if lady luck was on my side.

I have two suggestions :

• Either get your paladins a hammerstrike, which is difficult at 1000 points
  • Get more and more shooting, at least 3 units, to put the pression on your opponent.

Hey. I have a 1000p tourney coming up. I am expecting to face Sylvaneth with massed Hunters, Tzeentch with Skyfires and BRC with 2ish big monsters. ere are two potential lists:

Lord-Castellant (100) - General, Trait: Cunning Strategist, Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Heraldor (120)
10 x Liberators (200) - Warhammers, 2x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160) - Skybolt Bows, 1x Shockbolt Bows
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
2 x Fulminators (240)
Total: 1000/2000
(all credit to @Sailor Holt, as it is wholly based on his idea)

Alternatively:

Lord-Relictor (80) - General, Trait: Staunch Defender, Artefact: Mirrorshield, Prayer: Divine Light
5 x Paladin Protectors (200) - 2x Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Protectors (200) - 2x Starsoul Maces
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80) - 1x Stormsurge Tridents
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Total: 1000/2000

I did also look into a list based on the Thunderhead or Vanguard Wing battalion, but they seemed to lack hitting power against the aforementioned opponents.

Any input is highly appreciated :)

Archived