Sylvaneth v Clan Skryre, how to beat it?

Matt Large

I cannot think is a worst match up between two armies. Clan Skryre almost exclusively inflicts mortal wounds, Sylvaneth have NO save against mortal wounds.  I'm looking for advice off any Sylvaneth players with experience in facing the 2000 point Clan Skryre lists that have been floating around. What do I take, can I do anything? 

Depends on the Skyre list. First of all a lot of their models are unreliable so that's in your favor. As @ledha said, teleporting into their extremely squishy Units (Warp Cannon, Mortars, Wizards) is a great plan. Dryads and Revenants are your friend here, Mortal Wounds are kind of wasted on them and they can take out anything except Stormfiends.

Stormfiends are a big problem if they have Warpfire Throwers, commonly taken with Sayl for double Movement or with a Battalion so they can dig up extremely close to you. Not much to be done about either of those except target saturation, the Fiends aren't too good in Combat compared to dedicated melee Units. You will have to be able to smash them all in one Turn though or another round of Warpfire is probably a bit much.

Like I said it depends on the list and if you're trying to hard counter him or take a list that can play against everything including Skyre. Spamming Kurnoth Hunters probably also works as you'd win the shooting war in most situations (table/Scenario dependent) but that's kind of Sylvaneth's panacea in the current GHB. :]

Archived